Bears force shutdown of parkway picni...

Bears force shutdown of parkway picnic area

There are 7 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 1, 2009, titled Bears force shutdown of parkway picnic area. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Blue Ridge Parkway rangers have closed Craggy Gardens until Friday because bears have overrun the popular picnic area, foraging for food.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Ranger

Asheville, NC

#3 Sep 2, 2009
old crank wrote:
This is all Bob Barkers fault. If he hadn't come down here with his "fancy' California bear rights they wouldn't have gotten all stired up.Now they are busting loose all over town.Back in my day if a bear wasn't riding a unicycle and dancing for pennies,well sir we shot and ate him.This thing is getting out of hand. These bears were fine till Bob Barker told them they wre mistreated. Thanks A-LOT Bob Barker.
If you dont like the bears, move back to your filth in the Northeast. Ill take a bear over a ghetto crack head any day.
sammy

Candler, NC

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dont like the bears, move back to your filth in the Northeast. Ill take a bear over a ghetto crack head any day.
whats your problem hillbilly?
sammy

Candler, NC

#5 Sep 2, 2009
Po Chucker wrote:
If Obama or those other liberal black Democrats who are attempting to use their race as a argument tried to picnic there they would call the bears racist for shutting it down.
hey what!;)
Bear Bait

Candler, NC

#6 Sep 2, 2009
They need to take tarbaby up to Craggy and stake him out just where the dumpster used to be. The bears would eat him, WOULDN'T THEY?
What

Boone, NC

#7 Sep 2, 2009
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>hey what!;)
:X

Thomas38

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 2, 2009
Not at all surprised bears showed up there. Friend of mine, a shop owner on Haywood near the Civic Center, had one force it's way into his house, almost, location, east Asheville outside of town. Almost, I say, because he busted a few caps into the bugger with his 9 mm and it slunk off intot he woods to die.

But, leave it to trailer trash from Spartanburg to make bears into a political statement. Too bad, these po chuckers do not get the proper nutrition, therefore the suffer from diminished brain function, all in the frontal lobe.
Sea Monkey 69

United States

#10 Sep 2, 2009
Thomas38 wrote:
Not at all surprised bears showed up there. Friend of mine, a shop owner on Haywood near the Civic Center, had one force it's way into his house, almost, location, east Asheville outside of town. Almost, I say, because he busted a few caps into the bugger with his 9 mm and it slunk off intot he woods to die.
But, leave it to trailer trash from Spartanburg to make bears into a political statement. Too bad, these po chuckers do not get the proper nutrition, therefore the suffer from diminished brain function, all in the frontal lobe.
real sweet story. not.
why did the bear try to get into his house and did he notify the authorities about killing the bear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Parkway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime 20 mins ago 5:21 p.m.Accused NC murderer ... (Aug '17) Aug '17 disgusted 1
Easy Trail to Waterfall (Aug '17) Aug '17 wallyj333 1
Overlooks. Nashville to cherokee (May '17) May '17 Anonymous 1
Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway (Aug '16) Aug '16 Franklin 1
Closure (Jul '16) Jul '16 Code 1
News Obama, lawmakers see centennial as chance to bo... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Your Ex 10
Can the full drive be done in 3 days (Oct '15) Oct '15 Paul 1