Hotel Indigo Opens in Asheville, NC

Hotel Indigo Opens in Asheville, NC

There are 12 comments on the Hotel Interactive story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Hotel Indigo Opens in Asheville, NC. In it, Hotel Interactive reports that:

The newest Hotel Indigo opened its doors today in downtown Asheville, N.C. Nestled near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the 100-room new-build boutique hotel is the second of five properties planned for the state; additional deals are signed in Charlotte, Wilmington and Winston-Salem. Located at 151 Haywood Street, Hotel Indigo Asheville ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hotel Interactive.

Since: Jul 09

Candler, NC

#1 Nov 13, 2009
Good deal, new jobs and an addition to the tax base. You won't have to worry about any new competition though with the new City Council we have. I doubt they will allow any such buildings to be built inside the city. Good luck in Asheville.
Grand Redneck ofthe Hills

Asheville, NC

#2 Nov 13, 2009
mike50 wrote:
Good deal, new jobs and an addition to the tax base. You won't have to worry about any new competition though with the new City Council we have. I doubt they will allow any such buildings to be built inside the city. Good luck in Asheville.
New hotel jobs that likely pay slightly above minimum wage and attract illegals. The new jobs at BMW / Greer are much better for an economy.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 13, 2009
Grand Redneck ofthe Hills wrote:
<quoted text>
New hotel jobs that likely pay slightly above minimum wage and attract illegals. The new jobs at BMW / Greer are much better for an economy.
Where's the study on those accusations, grand poobah? Care to provide us with some stats instead of the stereotpyical ones coming out of the side of your mouth?
Dick Alert

AOL

#4 Nov 13, 2009
tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the study on those accusations, grand poobah? Care to provide us with some stats instead of the stereotpyical ones coming out of the side of your mouth?
More than accusation is hanging out of the side of your mouth!
Player

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Great news! I hope they do well in this piss poor economy. Any job is better than no job!

I would have liked a different building color; reminds me of a fresh load in a baby's diaper.
Dick Alert

Candler, NC

#6 Nov 14, 2009
Tarbaby chose that color. It reminded him of the skid marks in his skivies.

Candler, NC

#7 Nov 14, 2009
tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the opinions of Gordo and Brown Eye Newman about new buildings. I suspect there will be none for the next two years under the regime of these two nit wits whose primary concerns seem to be benefits for homosexual couples and not enforcing any laws regarding prostitution, drug dealing, or working with the INS, and ask old Cecil about his plan to institute buffer zones within the City that will essentially eliminate any new building within the majority of City limits. These stances are right out of press releases from Gordo and Cecil.....lets see what is built within the next two years...... these clowns are hardly the type that will welcome any development, they are the sterotypical slugs who moved here from out of the area with a grand vision and a desire to close the door behind them. Enjoy, welcome to "Utopia"
Newbomb Turk

Asheville, NC

#8 Nov 14, 2009
mike50 wrote:
<quoted text> Read the opinions of Gordo and Brown Eye Newman about new buildings. I suspect there will be none for the next two years under the regime of these two nit wits whose primary concerns seem to be benefits for homosexual couples and not enforcing any laws regarding prostitution, drug dealing, or working with the INS, and ask old Cecil about his plan to institute buffer zones within the City that will essentially eliminate any new building within the majority of City limits. These stances are right out of press releases from Gordo and Cecil.....lets see what is built within the next two years...... these clowns are hardly the type that will welcome any development, they are the sterotypical slugs who moved here from out of the area with a grand vision and a desire to close the door behind them. Enjoy, welcome to "Utopia"
I agree withyour points, but unfortunately Bothwell has been here for 28 years, and Brownie is from nearby Pickens County SC.

Candler, NC

#9 Nov 14, 2009
Newbomb Turk wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree withyour points, but unfortunately Bothwell has been here for 28 years, and Brownie is from nearby Pickens County SC.
That would be BROWN EYE, not Brownie.
Larry Whitt

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2009
Is this that new 13 story building right beside 240 at the haywood road exit ???

I was told that those were condo's ???
Newbomb Turk

Asheville, NC

#11 Nov 14, 2009
Larry Whitt wrote:
Is this that new 13 story building right beside 240 at the haywood road exit ???
I was told that those were condo's ???
Hotel and condos.

Since: Feb 07

Ashevegas

#12 Nov 14, 2009
Ugly as sin, looks like a Lego project gone wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Parkway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway Aug '16 Franklin 1
Closure Jul '16 Code 1
News Obama, lawmakers see centennial as chance to bo... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Your Ex 10
Can the full drive be done in 3 days (Oct '15) Oct '15 Paul 1
Access to Blue Ridge Pkwy at south end (Mile Po... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Shah 1
Black Balsam Knob (Feb '15) Feb '15 jdos12 1
News Environmental Groups Join Forces to Oppose Pipe... (Sep '14) Sep '14 pierre 1
More from around the web