What to expect at FloydFest 9

There are 1 comment on the Roanoke Times story from Jul 17, 2010, titled What to expect at FloydFest 9. In it, Roanoke Times reports that:

Dozens of acts will hit the stage during the four-day music festival. For the ninth consecutive year, people will travel to Patrick County and the Blue Ridge Parkway for FloydFest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roanoke Times.

Melinda

Arden, NC

#1 Jul 26, 2010
The Floydfest festival was great despite the sweltering heat. Everyone was friendly and there was so much to do. Lots of entertainment on the stages and in the fields. Lots of vendors and activities from yoga sessions to massages to craft lessons. I really enjoyed the "imagine that" tent in the Global village and the impromptu performances that took place at the drum circle. It was hard to choose what to do but no choice was a bad one.
I did have one complaint however and that was a group of campers who were really LOUD all night, ALL night. They were apparently representing the Star Hill Ale company, wearing the logo and flying a balloon over their site. I was visiting a tent near them one night when two women got in a real nasty fight, physical with the language deplorable. Worst their own tots were crying for them to stop. Star Hill Ale is a good company with award winning products but had poor representation on this public stage. They broke up the couple before security was called but left a memory many won't quickly forget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Parkway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Balsam Knob Feb '15 jdos12 1
News Environmental Groups Join Forces to Oppose Pipe... (Sep '14) Sep '14 pierre 1
News Top 10 Quick Hikes Along the Blue Ridge Parkway... (Apr '11) Nov '13 Milton Andre 3
News Five days away from it all: Vacationing in Ashe... (Jul '13) Nov '13 Sylvia Browne 2
News People protest Pisgah Inn closure Saturday (Oct '13) Oct '13 Splook 4
News Meadows says constituents back his shutdown fight (Oct '13) Oct '13 ApePeeD 1
News Mount Mitchell Drive Receives Scenic Byway Desi... (Feb '12) Jul '13 Workin for the Man 2
More from around the web