No word on legal action by West Marin...

No word on legal action by West Marin oyster operation; people express outrage

There are 22 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Nov 30, 2012, titled No word on legal action by West Marin oyster operation; people express outrage. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Carmen Gonzalez pauses shucking oysters to wipe away tears after finding out that her employer Drakes Bay Oyster company will be forced to close in Point Reyes National Seashore, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#1 Dec 3, 2012
It's a bummer that this place has to close, but I sometimes think that people are just looking for things to be "outraged" about. There are other oysters around people!

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#2 Dec 3, 2012
I worked for kevin for a few years, and all I can say is that I'm GLAD the Feds shut him down.

He's lucky ICE/INS has'nt raided the place, He'd be in a whole lotta trouble.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
I worked for kevin for a few years, and all I can say is that I'm GLAD the Feds shut him down.
He's lucky ICE/INS has'nt raided the place, He'd be in a whole lotta trouble.
rut-roe!

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Now if We can shut-down Pt. Reyes Davey tree service, 90% of the work for illegals will be gone fron west Marin.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
Now if We can shut-down Pt. Reyes Davey tree service, 90% of the work for illegals will be gone fron west Marin.
is this your personal mission Commander?'cos you have a lot of work to do if that's the case....
Whistleblower

San Rafael, CA

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>
is this your personal mission Commander?'cos you have a lot of work to do if that's the case....
I have personally seen a Davey Tree Service truck with 3 or 4 mexicans in it sit inside the truck for over three hours, more than once. I live by Buck's Landing on the way to China Camp. Lots a places for them to hide all day and still collect their pay.
Hey that rhymes !
Whistleblower

San Rafael, CA

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Hey I like oysters!

Drakes Bay Oysters are super sweet and as good a specimen of an oyster as ever was.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#8 Dec 14, 2012
Whistleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
I have personally seen a Davey Tree Service truck with 3 or 4 mexicans in it sit inside the truck for over three hours, more than once. I live by Buck's Landing on the way to China Camp. Lots a places for them to hide all day and still collect their pay.
Hey that rhymes !
are you sure they were from Mexico? or maybe El Salvador, Nicaragua, Uruguay. i'm curious, how can you tell exactly?

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure they were from Mexico? or maybe El Salvador, Nicaragua, Uruguay. i'm curious, how can you tell exactly?
They tattoo an "M" on their forehead if their mexican, and all other nationalities accordingly.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#10 Dec 14, 2012
"they're"..
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>They tattoo an "M" on their forehead if their mexican, and all other nationalities accordingly.
yeaaaaaaah.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Whistleblower wrote:
Hey I like oysters!
Drakes Bay Oysters are super sweet and as good a specimen of an oyster as ever was.
And just what does that have to do with smelly mexicans?

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure they were from Mexico? or maybe El Salvador, Nicaragua, Uruguay. i'm curious, how can you tell exactly?
They looked like mexicans, el salvadorans, or nicarauguans, or uruguayans, and they spoke spanish and no english, so I just figured it out .

Whatsamatter you a no english speaking foreigner lover or sumpun ?

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
I worked for kevin for a few years, and all I can say is that I'm GLAD the Feds shut him down.
He's lucky ICE/INS has'nt raided the place, He'd be in a whole lotta trouble.
Shuckin oysters is no job for a bunny who's free white and 21 I'll say that much ...

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#15 Dec 16, 2012
awww go on and say it I'm a

R A C I S T
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#16 Dec 16, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
<quoted text>
They looked like mexicans, el salvadorans, or nicarauguans, or uruguayans, and they spoke spanish and no english, so I just figured it out .
Whatsamatter you a no english speaking foreigner lover or sumpun ?
i never spoke of who/what i love, but since you asked, i have a crush on a Palestinian!

just making a distinction, via question, as to how the person knew the mentioned "mexican" was actually Mexican. not everyone from south of the border is from Mexico. someone said "Mexican," and i wanted to know how they knew they were Mexican per se. all politics aside, MANY countries speak/use the spanish language!!!
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuckin oysters is no job for a bunny who's free white and 21 I'll say that much ...
i went to a private house party in SF last night and the hosts had a dude (white!) from a major oyster company shucking oysters to order. turns out I knew the dude from West Marin 20 years ago. I went to his wedding.

nice spread......i ate too much though.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#18 Dec 16, 2012
I'm not Mexican and I speak Spanish fluently!!! my gutter spanish is not to be messed with. i can leave the truest mexican blushing as I insult him kindly with my vulgar gutter spanish......

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#19 Dec 16, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuckin oysters is no job for a bunny who's free white and 21 I'll say that much ...
I should show You My scars in the web of My left paw from oyster shucking knives.
I've shucked ALOT of oysters and clams in my long culinary career.

Now Kevin on the other paw, He only uses young illegals to shuck his oysters, and now pays them by the gallon of product, "piece work"....what a burn for the girls........oh well, they're here illegally, eh?

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

.

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuckin oysters is no job for a bunny who's free white and 21 I'll say that much ...
Oh.....hi Dr. long time no-see...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coroner identifies Las Vegas man who drowned at... 3 hr Local 14
News Gettysburg Bookstore Pulls Confederate Flag Mer... Jun 30 Davenport 2
News Arizona ranks low on dog-friendly road trips Jun 30 HostSedona 1
News Tea Party Rallies: 'Impeach Obama' (Sep '10) Jun 30 the Ace of Spades 2,540
News Rescuers guided 2 around rattlesnake in mine ne... Jun 27 Parden Pard 3
News Farrakhan plans rally for Million Man March 20t... Jun 27 Sadbuttrue 5
News Military Park removes some Confederate items fr... Jun 26 private guy 1
More from around the web