Woman hurt when motorized wheelchair ...

Woman hurt when motorized wheelchair runs off Laurel Falls Trail

There are 9 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Jun 26, 2014, titled Woman hurt when motorized wheelchair runs off Laurel Falls Trail. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

A Great Smoky Mountains National park visitor was pulled from the side of a slope after her motorized wheelchair went off the edge of Laurel Falls Trail Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Angie

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2014
God Bless Her I was there and we formed a prayer group for her at the time she fell
Chris

Huntley, IL

#3 Jun 27, 2014
I was also there and was hoping she was ok.
Tracy from Henderson KY

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2014
Does anyone know how bad she was hurt or if she is ok? My family was there. We were almost at the top of the trail when everyone started coming down and telling us we did not want to go up there and what had happened. We were under the impression she did not make it, but this says she was just hurt. I just can't imagine . I am praying for her and her family that she is ok.
Lynne

Bethel, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2014
she is alive,recovering, with many injuries. I will tell my sister about this thread. it is her mother in law that went over, thank you for the prayers.
Carrie- daughter

Brecksville, OH

#6 Jun 30, 2014
Thank you for all praying for my mom. We all can't believe this happened. She has had some surgeries and will have a road ahead of recovery. So far most injuries have been taken care of. A large laceration on her leg may have infection that the doctor may do more surgery on tomorrow.
We are also truly sorry that saw this tradegy happen before them. Please continue to pray for her recovery.
Thanks,
Her family
Jeff

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Jun 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing. My family will keep her in our daily prayers.
Rodriguez Family

Mission, TX

#8 Jul 3, 2014
We were on the trail when we heard the crash. I ran to see what happened when we heard screaming. We were concerned about her status and if she was doing ok the rest of the day. Our family is happy to hear that she is doing better and will continue to send prayers her way to her as she recovers. May the Lord be with her as she continues her recovery. God bless you all.
bositter

Kalkaska, MI

#9 Sep 20, 2014
we where there that day also my daughters boy friend had to help this lady move over on a part of the trail but she kept going I am glad she is ok but she should not have been on it so please let this be a warning to others this trail is not for all

Since: Sep 14

Shorewood, IL

#10 Sep 26, 2014
Carrie- daughter wrote:
Thank you for all praying for my mom. We all can't believe this happened. She has had some surgeries and will have a road ahead of recovery. So far most injuries have been taken care of. A large laceration on her leg may have infection that the doctor may do more surgery on tomorrow.
We are also truly sorry that saw this tradegy happen before them. Please continue to pray for her recovery.
Thanks,
Her family
hi Carrie I was there that day with your husband, since that day I was trying to find out how she is doing, didn't no where to look or who to call, I was thinking about it again this morning and tried to search again and I cant believe I found this site, that was a crazy afternoon I think about it a lot hoping everything is ok, Its been a few months since your post I hope this finds you and your mom is doing even better hope to here from you Dan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Final tally for Vietnam wall construction ticks... Tue WhoWaaaaiii 7
News Tupelo dedicates its own Vietnam Veterans Memorial Nov '17 Walls and Pools 6
News 7 must-see places in the US this year (Apr '16) Oct '17 dustinvoetberg 2
News 15 Powerful Images From The March For Black Women Oct '17 coretta 1
News 'This is personal': NY rushes to aid ravaged Pu... Sep '17 Retribution 3
News Zinke wants smaller monuments, but not at home Sep '17 Size Matters 1
News Smithsonian's black history museum popular dest... Sep '17 Porch Honkey 1
More from around the web