Former Carlsbad Caverns superintendent Wallace Elms dies

There are 5 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Oct 29, 2013, titled Former Carlsbad Caverns superintendent Wallace Elms dies. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

CARLSBAD >> Former Carlsbad Caverns National Park Superintendent Wallace Elms, 87, died Sunday in Henderson, Nev., after he suffered an aneurysm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#1 Oct 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmm a Retired Superintendent dies he was a good caring man and knew what he was doing RIP.

John Benjamin Retires He is dumb as a rock, No common sense at all, and could not care less about the Park Employees.

The only employees that Benjamin cares about are the Brown Nose Sucks Up's make him look good.
Try 8 hours of sleep

Artesia, NM

#2 Oct 29, 2013
Wow, you really know how to sling the hate. Benjamin's retired already, let it go. How about trying a daily regimen of exercise; it helps you get rid of pent up frustration and anger. You might try that. It's healthier than sitting in front of the computer too.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#3 Oct 29, 2013
Try 8 hours of sleep wrote:
Wow, you really know how to sling the hate. Benjamin's retired already, let it go. How about trying a daily regimen of exercise; it helps you get rid of pent up frustration and anger. You might try that. It's healthier than sitting in front of the computer too.
My opinion of Frank Deckert,when he was Superintendent he would much rather go to the Superintendent Conventions in Las Vegas, Nevada and Other Resorts Cities on the taxpayer dollar, dress up in a yellow chicken suit act like a stupid chicken laying an Egg,and be the superintendent.
John Benjamin didn't have any common sense when it comes to elevators, and other critical things needed in the cavern.

The caverns have fallen into deep disrepair because of certain superintendent's
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

#4 Nov 1, 2013
Dennis Vasquez is now also acting Supt.of Carlsbad Caverns.
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

#5 Nov 1, 2013
I wonder if this New Superintendent will be a backstabbing liar like John Benjamin.

I wonder if this New Superintendent will bring back the Family Atmosphere The Rangers had.

I wonder if this New Superintendent will treat all the Rangers Equal. or will he get his favorite Brown Nose Suck Up's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial (Oct '13) May 18 Tazo 1,272
News Montana tourists have close encounter with bear... May 13 Jade 1
News Yellowstone to raise admission price May 13 Helm 1
News Al Boscov retires, second time, as head store c... May 12 spunky 2
News 'Million Muslim March' just a few hundred (Sep '13) May 2 Mikey 24
News Tea Party Rallies: 'Impeach Obama' (Sep '10) Apr 30 swedenforever 2,532
News Ukraine leader sees country ready for EU entran... Apr 28 UKRAINE in NATO 1
More from around the web