Gettysburg Pennsylvania - Historical ...

Gettysburg Pennsylvania - Historical Sites

There are 9 comments on the BellaOnline story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Gettysburg Pennsylvania - Historical Sites. In it, BellaOnline reports that:

Touring in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania is an educational experience for the whole family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BellaOnline.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Apr 3, 2012
Let's face it..WHAT YOUNG MAN would not looove to view the Battle Of Gettysburg happening right before his eyes?? All that history coming alive, smell of gun powder and actually speaking to a soldier...OMG!! But there is more to Gettysburg than just the battlefield, it's Old Colonial America. The heart of fruit orchards and dining hospitality in period clothing. Sure, you may have some modern businesses, but the quaint charm still exists. Chicks will love the shops,all the little knooks and crannies of a by-gone period. Dudes will visit the Civil War Museums. Kids are kids, they have playtime fun wherever they are. Treat yourselves!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dungpile

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 3, 2012
lets face it chick you are full of s h i t

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hal Longue

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Apr 6, 2012
dungpile wrote:
lets face it chick you are full of s h i t
Well S H I T PILE, your name says it ALL. You are the one that is full of it, to make an IGNORANT remark like you did about an intelligent post!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hal Longue

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Apr 6, 2012
Great CHICK! Good to see someone who sees more than cannons when they visit Gettysburg.

I've spent 70 years in the area, and yes try to avoid Gettysburg (the town) as much as possible during tourist season, but it is still good to see someone who "sees beyond the facade"!

The biggest problem we face here is the SO CALLED "Friends of the Battlefield". A group of wealthy IDIOTS, who want to grab more and more land to add to the National Park, when there is so much land in it already, that the Park Service cannot care for it all! Much of it is so overgrown in weeds that the wind born seed not only contaminates local tax paying citizens land with weeds "Seeded from the battlefield", but also detracts from the Battlefield itself.

By the way. I have no idea why this fourm states that I am from Carlisle, when I live just 6 miles off the edge of the Eastern most portion of the Battlefield itself.

Hl

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Rockin' USA ;)

#5 Apr 8, 2012
Hal Longue wrote:
Great CHICK! Good to see someone who sees more than cannons when they visit Gettysburg.
I've spent 70 years in the area, and yes try to avoid Gettysburg (the town) as much as possible during tourist season, but it is still good to see someone who "sees beyond the facade"!
The biggest problem we face here is the SO CALLED "Friends of the Battlefield". A group of wealthy IDIOTS, who want to grab more and more land to add to the National Park, when there is so much land in it already, that the Park Service cannot care for it all! Much of it is so overgrown in weeds that the wind born seed not only contaminates local tax paying citizens land with weeds "Seeded from the battlefield", but also detracts from the Battlefield itself.
By the way. I have no idea why this fourm states that I am from Carlisle, when I live just 6 miles off the edge of the Eastern most portion of the Battlefield itself.
Hl
Yo Hal, that's just it, there is "a life beyond the battlefield" for local residents and the tourists. With all the government cutbacks, am sure the battlefield maintance programs have seen cuts. Oh and all those battlefield seeds??? Am suresome of those seeds have originated from all over the world, the wind carries them distances. I can only imagine how cool it would have been to have that waterpark in Gettysburg..what was the name, Great Wolf something?? Open almost all day and night, the sales tax revenue would have been worth it, just to make improvements around Gettyburg. Can you imagine..Life beyond the Battlefield in Historic Gettysburg. What a great tourism slogan?? Have a Happy Easter,Hal..
Colorado Chick

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 9, 2012
Yep still full of S H I T !!!!!!!!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Rockin' USA ;)

#7 Apr 19, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Yep still full of S H I T !!!!!!!!!!
Yoooo IMPOSTER...Hmmmm, sounds like ONE MR. BILL K. still hasn't left his computer for recess..YOOOOO Bill..GIVE IT UP AND GET A FREAKIN' LIFE,DUDE!!
Pink Eye

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 20, 2012
LET'S face it Colorado Chick is full of CRAP.......... CRAP ON !!!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 11

Da Projects

#9 Apr 22, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
LET'S face it Colorado Chick is full of CRAP.......... CRAP ON !!!!!!!!!!
Cornholed Chick you mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg Bookstore Pulls Confederate Flag Mer... Sat Boom 4
News Parades, hot dogs, cold beer: America celebrate... Sat Miss Id 1
News Coroner identifies Las Vegas man who drowned at... Sat MrVegas 15
News Arizona ranks low on dog-friendly road trips Jun 30 HostSedona 1
News Tea Party Rallies: 'Impeach Obama' (Sep '10) Jun 30 the Ace of Spades 2,540
News Rescuers guided 2 around rattlesnake in mine ne... Jun 27 Parden Pard 3
News Farrakhan plans rally for Million Man March 20t... Jun 27 Sadbuttrue 5
More from around the web