Abingdon officially designated an App...

Abingdon officially designated an Appalachian Trail Community

There are 34 comments on the TriCities.com story from May 3, 2012, titled Abingdon officially designated an Appalachian Trail Community. In it, TriCities.com reports that:

The designation was awarded by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy in response to the town's application, and recognizes communities that promote the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#1 May 3, 2012
Big deal. Who cares.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#2 May 3, 2012
I do but what I don't care about is unneccasary ignorant comments like yours "The Baron" so as far as I am concerned you can TAKE A HIKE (no pun intended)!!!
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#3 May 3, 2012
Ken wrote:
I do but what I don't care about is unneccasary ignorant comments like yours "The Baron" so as far as I am concerned you can TAKE A HIKE (no pun intended)!!!
You are soo sensitive. Poor baby!
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#4 May 3, 2012
Better sensitive than clueless and I believe that you were the first to whine over the article, so your "poor baby" comment is like the pot and kettle, not to mention reflecting on your loser mentality.
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#5 May 3, 2012
Ken wrote:
Better sensitive than clueless and I believe that you were the first to whine over the article, so your "poor baby" comment is like the pot and kettle, not to mention reflecting on your loser mentality.
Or your inability to tolerate another persons opinion. Get a life.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#6 May 3, 2012
But it is a big deal for numerous reasons and there are a multitude of people who care, so your opinion is based purely on ignorance therefor it's useless...even here on Topix.

I've got a life and it includes supporting the positive growth of my community whether it be a simple designation by an organization or something much larger like the Heartwood Center.

So again pot, tell the kettle he's black and needs to get a life!!! And then, maybe you need to grow-up a bit before you continue to spew out useless statements, opinions or whatever you want to call them!!!
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#7 May 3, 2012
Ken wrote:
But it is a big deal for numerous reasons and there are a multitude of people who care, so your opinion is based purely on ignorance therefor it's useless...even here on Topix.
I've got a life and it includes supporting the positive growth of my community whether it be a simple designation by an organization or something much larger like the Heartwood Center.
So again pot, tell the kettle he's black and needs to get a life!!! And then, maybe you need to grow-up a bit before you continue to spew out useless statements, opinions or whatever you want to call them!!!
And thats your opinion. Thats all it is. My opinion is your opinion matters nothing to me.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#8 May 3, 2012
That's good and for what it's worth, mine is based on facts and yours is based on your negative attitude and you are the one who has to live with that!
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#9 May 3, 2012
Ken wrote:
That's good and for what it's worth, mine is based on facts and yours is based on your negative attitude and you are the one who has to live with that!
I can live with that.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#10 May 4, 2012
Enjoy your pitiful life!!!
Islandhopper

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#11 May 4, 2012
Congrats Abingdon!See you soon, I hope.
Whole-lot-of-Ros ie

Johnson City, TN

#12 May 4, 2012
The Baron wrote:
Big deal. Who cares.
Islandhopper and I care so that in itself renders your opinion meaningless!!!
James Taylor

Cowpens, SC

#13 May 4, 2012
You tell em Rosie!!!
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#14 May 4, 2012
Ken wrote:
Enjoy your pitiful life!!!
And you enjoy your massive inferiority problem.
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#15 May 4, 2012
Whole-lot-of-Rosie wrote:
<quoted text>
Islandhopper and I care so that in itself renders your opinion meaningless!!!
You are soooo smart.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#16 May 4, 2012
The Baron wrote:
<quoted text>And you enjoy your massive inferiority problem.
That's superior to you and it's no problem, I rather enjoy the simple remarks from your simple mind.
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#17 May 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
That's superior to you and it's no problem, I rather enjoy the simple remarks from your simple mind.
Take your meds and get a life. Anyone as sensitive as you needs medication.
Ken

Johnson City, TN

#18 May 5, 2012
The Baron wrote:
<quoted text>Take your meds and get a life. Anyone as sensitive as you needs medication.
Ouch!
Hiker Bob

Johnson City, TN

#19 May 5, 2012
What the heck does Abingdon have to do with the A.T.? Were they just jealous that Damascus had one thing that they didn't.

How many dirty, smelly hikers have you spoken with today Abingdon?
The Baron

Brentwood, TN

#20 May 6, 2012
Hiker Bob wrote:
What the heck does Abingdon have to do with the A.T.? Were they just jealous that Damascus had one thing that they didn't.
How many dirty, smelly hikers have you spoken with today Abingdon?
Exactly. Abingdon has nothing to do with the A.T.
Everytime I go to the park in Damascus it seems to be full of dirty, smelly hikers smoking weed. Yuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... Jun 20 Raptor 383
News Paul Revere III in Rome, guest speaker at Chamb... Jun 20 Sam 5
News Titusville bike/pedestrian bridge opens Jun 20 Don key 2
News A secret room lies behind Lincoln's head at Mou... Jun 17 Christaliban 10
News History comes to town Jun 16 Type cash 1
News Missing North Carolina hiker found dead in SW C... Jun 15 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Visits to Yellowstone National Park up 15 perce... Jun 13 gordie 1
More from around the web