vincent valencia

Reno, NV

#1 Jun 9, 2010
i lived in la honda from 1968 to 78 and used to fish in the lake almost every day after school, we caught bass out of the lake that were 4 and 5 lbs ers also huge catfish and the biggest bluegill that you have ever seen, some were 9 to 10 inch's long ted crespo and jeff ring were my best friends and jeff was my fishing bubby.
ray

United States

#2 Jun 16, 2010
i wonder hows the fishing now me and my dad been fishing there for yrs and were taking a trip up there this week is the fishing still good.??
jon

United States

#3 Jun 16, 2010
we caught bass out of the lake that were 4 and 5 lbs ers also huge catfish and the biggest bluegill that you have ever seen, some were 9 to 10 inch's long ted crespo and jeff ring were my best friends and jeff was my fishing bubby.
Kims Photography

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2010
I took this Picture of Reflection lake, AKA the pond. I caught a big black catfish and gave it to someone who wanted to eat it!
I have a picture of a coot and duck mixed breed,I will post it later. Who would guess only in La Honda would different breeds mate, some of the birds that live there don't migrate.
Dave Johnson

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Mar 18, 2012
Was born in La Honda in 1968 and fished that lake countless times as well...either from the shore, or from my Dad's row boat! Moved to Palo Alto when I was 8, but I cherish the memories during my early childhood there.
Suzie Baker

Vacaville, CA

#6 Apr 19, 2012
When age Twelve, moved to La Honda not far from the pond. Walked past it almost daily to school, friends, or the community pool. Fond childhood memories of the pond and La Honda.
Ed Cookman

Puebla, Mexico

#7 Apr 19, 2012
The Cookman boys, Ed, Evan, Eric, and Ellis, ALL have incredibly fond memories of the lake. My brother Ellis raised a duck from an egg found on the edge of the lake. He would ride down to the lake on his minibike so she could swim in the lake with our German Sheperd. Fishing, floating, bird watching (red wing blackbirds, the Great Blue Heron, coots, hummingbirds, so many more)... have gone back to visit many times over the years, the sights, sounds, smells, it will always be "home" for me. Ed
steve

San Francisco, CA

#8 Sep 27, 2013
Hello: this is NOT La Honda POND, but Reflextion Lake! I 'believe' that, La Hond Lake, was where the Klingles have the Storage area! I really do NOT know, but would LOVE to know! [email protected] / Web-Site: www.AddictedMAN.com / Steve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wana chat Sat SEVEND12 1
News Highlands Park Playground Community Workshop Jun 24 jen 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Jun 23 Great Dark Art 90
Lyft in Sunnyvale Jun 19 Highspeed Brown 2
News Cupertino Union cancels teacher housing project Jun 19 Chillsea Cliton 2
Sex and booze at Stanford Jun 17 Hillary is a Liar 3
News Portola Valley: Robbers invade occupied home, t... Jun 17 Hillary is a Liar 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages