Fremont-based water district paying $...

Fremont-based water district paying $280,000 for history books celebrating its centennial

There are 3 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Jan 14, 2014, titled Fremont-based water district paying $280,000 for history books celebrating its centennial. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

To celebrate its centennial, the Alameda County Water District is spending about $280,000 to publish two books on its rich history, just as it raised water rates for the 12th consecutive year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

JimW

Fremont, CA

#1 Jan 15, 2014
This is almost as much as an outrage as Nancy Farber getting about one million dollars a year (highest paid in the Bay Area if not the State) to run Washington Hospital(property tax supported) while getting personally reimbursed by the Hospital for donations she makes to the Hospital.

Just how much money is the ACWD wasting on other boondoggles besides this? Sounds to me that ACWD is in need of an independent audit with the report being made rate payers.
Carrie Ruano

Newark, CA

#2 Jan 16, 2014
What a waste of money that the rate payers are stuck with, does anyone realize that many people barely make it from payday to payday, yet these utilities just add these cost to the rate payers statements. If these people want a history of the water district let them write it, publish it and pay for it themselves. What a bunch if ignorant people we have working for a major the water district. I suppose Waste Management will want to write their history, and probably PG&E as well. These people have no clue how the rest of the people live. Oh and yes by the way they don't have a water bill their water is free as well as the board members. With their high salaries and yearly bonuses you would think they would pay for water like the rest of us.
EWT

Fremont, CA

#3 Mar 18, 2014
If you live in Fremont, Union City or Newark and would like to get involved in protesting ACWD, email ReformACWD at gmail.com . There is a growing group of residents willing to speak out and stop the next 8% rate hike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook vs Twitter 15 hr Glass Edit 55
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... 15 hr Glass Edit 147
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 16 hr Glass Edit 439
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Mon Paul Syntor 115
News Redwood City: Tenants protest large rent hikes ... Sun Redwood City 2
HELP STOP Discrimination against Agricultural Z... Jan 9 un agenda 21 4
News Man gets 6 months in cockfighting (Mar '08) Jan 9 un agenda 21 20

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages