Copy Cats

London, UK

#25 Jul 31, 2014
So many people on Google+ who post the work of pro photographers and pretend like it's their own. Why does Google allow this?
Monty

Montréal, Canada

#26 Aug 1, 2014
When I joined Facebook I got tons of emails right off the bat and had about 1000 friends and followers in a couple of days.
When I joined Google+ the people who got recommended to me all had tons of followers. I added them in my circles and posted comments on their sites. Not even one of them responded nor added me back to their circles.
Facebook is there to benefit their members. That's why they're number 1.
Google+ is there to fatten up the popularity of their own crowd only. That's why they're barely on the map except for their own Search Engines.
M Bankroft

Belgium

#27 Aug 2, 2014
Monty wrote:
When I joined Facebook I got tons of emails right off the bat and had about 1000 friends and followers in a couple of days.
When I joined Google+ the people who got recommended to me all had tons of followers. I added them in my circles and posted comments on their sites. Not even one of them responded nor added me back to their circles.
Facebook is there to benefit their members. That's why they're number 1.
Google+ is there to fatten up the popularity of their own crowd only. That's why they're barely on the map except for their own Search Engines.
Excellent posts here, but I liked yours the best. I had the same exact experience you had.
Anne-Marie Togher

Bristol, UK

#28 Aug 2, 2014
I have felt very let down by a number of issues while joining g+ 9 mths ago! The first one being they're isn't any real complaints procedure and a recent bullying incident to a friend of mine in my circle's left me feeling disgusted at this! Also they're are people who add you to their circle's and then drop you just to higher their number's and notification should be given when unfollowed just like when someone adds you so you have a choice of whether you'd still like to follow them or not this is a much fairer way of running g+ and certain people just because they have over a billion followers shouldn't be allowed to call the shot's, EVERYONE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY regardless of followers!
No More Google

Chicago, IL

#29 Aug 2, 2014
No respect for my privacy. I do not like handing out my phone number to anybody especially Google. Therefore cannot join Google Plus even if I wanted to. That is fine by me.
Jenny

Bensenville, IL

#30 Aug 2, 2014
No More Google wrote:
No respect for my privacy. I do not like handing out my phone number to anybody especially Google. Therefore cannot join Google Plus even if I wanted to. That is fine by me.
I saw something really horrible on Google+ several months ago. Several of the Higher Ups at Google+ were badgering my pro photographer friend and while doing so made it clear they were keeping exact records of every word he had said on the internet about the last 5 years. Not just on Google+ it was EVERYWHERE!

Is Google friends with the NSA or are they the ones who ARE the NSA??

I also couldn't help noticing that all of Google's friends who follow politics ALL back Obama.
I think because only Obama would allow this to happen.

If Google succeeds in taking over the internet, say goodbye to freedom of speech online.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sue Z

United States

#31 Aug 3, 2014
Google+ should change their name to Obama+. They're just as crooked and biased.
No Trey

Vancouver, Canada

#32 Aug 3, 2014
The favoritism Google+ shows to their own photographers (Google Employees) is simply disgusting. I'll come out and say it: Trey Ratcliff shouldn't even be a pro photographer let alone one with 14 billion views.
Google has no shame whatsoever especially since they go out of their way to screw over the good photographers who don't have the connections Trey does and to give their own photographers bogus view totals as well.
Citizens United

New York, NY

#33 Aug 3, 2014
What's happening at Google+ is all part of the same pattern initiated by their CEO Eric Schmidt, a greedy egomaniac who's on a big power trip with no regard for anybody outside of Google.
Lost In America

United States

#34 Aug 5, 2014
America was once the Land of Opportunity. Google+ has made it clear that is no longer the case. Ron fleishman's photos should be at the top of the G+ heap not Trey Ratcliff.
Aussie Interference

Wood Dale, IL

#35 Aug 5, 2014
What's with all these Aussies on Google+ getting heavily involved in American politics? Of course just like Google all of them support Obama.

Easy to figure out why. With Obama in office Google can bully their competitors and everybody else without fear of any kind of Anti-Trust suit like Microsoft had to face in the late 90s.
bud

Atlanta, GA

#36 Aug 6, 2014
Hope the Droids are not as unreliable as the G+ notifications.
Yes But

Reykjavík, Iceland

#37 Aug 6, 2014
Personally I love Google+. Have met a lot of very nice people there. Much friendlier and nicer than Facebook. However, I can't help but notice the photographer trolls on G+. They are awful and have obviously singled out one photographer in particular. Is Google aware of this?
Rafael

São Paulo, Brazil

#38 Aug 6, 2014
Lots of good photography on G+. Ron Fleishman is far and away my favorite. I joined G+ mainly to see his work. Wish other photographers would leave him alone. I don't want him to go to Facebook.
Juanita

Mexico, Mexico

#39 Aug 6, 2014
They bullying on Google+ is horrible. Most people are nice, but not the ones who seems to have all the following.
Michael

Bensenville, IL

#40 Aug 7, 2014
Never underestimate the power of social media. No company not even Google is to big to fail.
George

Athens, Greece

#41 Aug 7, 2014
Most big companies are greedy. Unfortunately have to say that Google as of late is both greedy and stupid.
Yolanda

Vilnius, Lithuania

#42 Aug 7, 2014
Not much new to add. Think the same as most others here. Like most people there. But hate the bully pro photographers and all the technical issues.
wiillard

Houston, TX

#43 Aug 8, 2014
I was ready join google+ to display my photography. Glad I read all this first.
T Sullivan

Dublin, Ireland

#44 Aug 8, 2014
Too much spam and troll posts. Worse than Facebook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ice-T announces Art of Rap festival with Afrika... 33 min lol 2
News Miami Pop Artist Britto Charges Apple with Copy... 17 hr 87Jason 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Apr 21 Matthew_1 115
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Apr 20 Lost Inspacevale 15
News Soon everyone will be an electric company (Jul '14) Apr 20 Frank Sinasstra 13
News Sunnyvale: Commission recommends education, not... Apr 20 Hellary Cliton 3
27year old man sexy looking for some kinky fun ... Apr 19 Mee 1
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]