• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#8040 May 3, 2014
River Boat Pilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not certain I understand where you are coming from in this tirade, or what you think the U.S.A. should be doing in the Ukraine situation.
Me. I say stay the hell out of it.
Back almost 200 years ago the U.S.A. stuck up a "No Trespassing" sign on the Western Hemisphere called the Monroe Doctrine. It said that the New World was our sphere of influence and the Europeans powers should keep out. They pretty much honored it too.
Ukraine is Russia's front yard. It was part of Russia for more than 1,000 years before 1991. It is in Russia's sphere of influence. If the U.S. expects Russia or any other nation to respect the Monroe Doctrine, then we have to respect Russia's sphere of influence in Ukraine.
Think of it this way too. Suppose the Hispanic element in Texas was to take Texas out of the Union the way Ukraine was taken out of Russia in 1991. Then suppose the Anglo element there decided that they wanted to remain Americans. Would the U.S. tolerate any foreign power, Russia, China, or anybody else interfering in it? I don't think so.
I agree, we should let it be.

Elk Grove, CA

#8041 May 3, 2014
Coal is King wrote:
<quoted text>
The Global Warming hysterics' propaganda says that Florida, the Gulf Coast, and the Sacramento Valley will be under the coastal sea, so it will be a trade out. There'll even be some fine ocean front property in Arizona to hear them tell it (I'm wondering where the beach will be. That desert sells cheap now, but when the oceans rise... Money to be made by the investor who buys now. Almost as sure a bet as stock in Solyndra was.) That's a lot of new navigable water - not to mention some mighty fine fishing.
What they failed to say is how many years that will be. Is that like 10 million years from now?
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

#8042 May 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What they failed to say is how many years that will be. Is that like 10 million years from now?
No. Most of the hysterics put the time frame for major sea level rises at about 100 years, just long enough to be far enough in the future to be unprovable but close enough to cause alarm to people who think, "Wait. My grand kids will be around then."
caxt

Sierra Madre, CA

#8043 May 3, 2014
You all caxt a muhcoa asyou wnt/.
ok ok ok

Pacific Palisades, CA

#8046 May 3, 2014
ook
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#8047 May 3, 2014
Global warming initiatives do more to harm this country than global warming could ever do. We have lost our standing as the worlds leading economy this year. China is now the largest economy in the world, and they don't give a shit about global warming. Environmentalists have destroyed the American dream for future generations.
Rockers

Sierra Madre, CA

#8048 May 3, 2014
Those afghan's men can count above 2 nd yet they are allowed to count higher than 2 are controlling women who are not dumb as rocks.
Hillbilly

Paducah, KY

#8049 May 4, 2014
Rockers wrote:
Those afghan's men can count above 2 nd yet they are allowed to count higher than 2 are controlling women who are not dumb as rocks.
And what has this got to do with global warming?
Shaftrers

Sierra Madre, CA

#8050 May 4, 2014
Just go farther in to the hole in the ground if you want to stay dry and cool.
Conservative Pig

Castro Valley, CA

#8051 May 4, 2014
It's so easy when you have a public stupid enough to ignore 97% of the world's experts in favor of everything they're fed by Fox "News" and talk radio.
Joshua Woods

Eureka, CA

#8052 May 4, 2014
Conservative Pig wrote:
It's so easy when you have a public stupid enough to ignore 97% of the world's experts in favor of everything they're fed by Fox "News" and talk radio.
Funny how "97% of the world's experts" agree on climate models that are 95% INACCURATE. Wow, I'm convinced the science is solid now.
maillot de foot 2014 2015

Orange, CA

#8053 May 4, 2014
maillot de foot 2014 2015,maillot foot pas cher,maillot de foot discount ,maillot coupe du monde 2014,equipes nationales et maillot Portugal,maillot France,maillot Pays-Bas

http://www.grossmaillot.com/
molting

Sierra Madre, CA

#8054 May 4, 2014
Are you molting again this is the second time in two weeks, weather is getting warmer too.
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#8055 May 4, 2014
Shaftrers wrote:
Just go farther in to the hole in the ground if you want to stay dry and cool.
That is what people would still be doing if environmentalist had been in control of human development for the last million years - living in caves, probably without fire, and eating roots, nuts, and rotten carrion left over from the lions' kills.
Moltin

Sierra Madre, CA

#8057 May 4, 2014
Are you molting again this is the second time in two weeks, weather is getting warmer too. Don't play stupid games with me idiot, go ask yourself those idiotic questions.
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#8059 May 5, 2014
I am a supporter of coal, but even I am going to condemn this piece of stupid shit that is being spread around coal country:

"I guess this is the liberals idea of clean energy.Dont worry about dirty old coal,burn aborted babies for fuel instead.

PORTLAND, Ore. An Oregon county commission has ordered an incinerator to stop accepting boxed medical waste to generate electricity after learning the waste it's been burning may include tissue from aborted fetuses from British Columbia.

Sam Brentano, chairman of the Marion County board of commissioners, said late Wednesday the board is taking immediate action to prohibit human tissue from future deliveries at the plant that has been turning waste into energy since 1987.

ADVERTISEMENT
"We provide an important service to the people of this state and it would be a travesty if this program is jeopardized due to this finding," he said in a statement. "We thought our ordinance excluded this type of material at the waste-to-energy facility. We will take immediate action to ensure a process is developed to prohibit human tissue from future deliveries."

Kristy Anderson, a British Columbia Health Ministry spokeswoman, told The Associated Press that regional health authorities there have a contract with a company that sends biomedical waste, such as fetal tissue, cancerous tissue and amputated limbs, to Oregon, where it's incinerated in the waste-energy plant.

The B.C. Catholic, a Vancouver-based newspaper, identified the plant as Covanta Marion, based in Brooks, Ore. When contacted by The AP on Wednesday, a Covanta Marion representative said he did not know if fetal tissue was included in shipments from Canada or elsewhere.

The facility is owned and operated by Covanta in a partnership with Marion County. According to its website, it processes 550 tons per day of municipal solid waste, generating up to 13 megawatts of energy sold to Portland General Electric.

Marion County estimates that the facility processes about 700 tons of in-county medical waste each year and about 1,200 tons from elsewhere, making it a small percentage of the total waste burned. Out-of-town medical waste is charged a higher fee."
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#8060 May 5, 2014
Coal is King wrote:
I am a supporter of coal, but even I am going to condemn this piece of stupid shit that is being spread around coal country:
"I guess this is the liberals idea of clean energy.Dont worry about dirty old coal,burn aborted babies for fuel instead.
PORTLAND, Ore. An Oregon county commission has ordered an incinerator to stop accepting boxed medical waste to generate electricity after learning the waste it's been burning may include tissue from aborted fetuses from British Columbia.
Sam Brentano, chairman of the Marion County board of commissioners, said late Wednesday the board is taking immediate action to prohibit human tissue from future deliveries at the plant that has been turning waste into energy since 1987.
ADVERTISEMENT
"We provide an important service to the people of this state and it would be a travesty if this program is jeopardized due to this finding," he said in a statement. "We thought our ordinance excluded this type of material at the waste-to-energy facility. We will take immediate action to ensure a process is developed to prohibit human tissue from future deliveries."
Kristy Anderson, a British Columbia Health Ministry spokeswoman, told The Associated Press that regional health authorities there have a contract with a company that sends biomedical waste, such as fetal tissue, cancerous tissue and amputated limbs, to Oregon, where it's incinerated in the waste-energy plant.
The B.C. Catholic, a Vancouver-based newspaper, identified the plant as Covanta Marion, based in Brooks, Ore. When contacted by The AP on Wednesday, a Covanta Marion representative said he did not know if fetal tissue was included in shipments from Canada or elsewhere.
The facility is owned and operated by Covanta in a partnership with Marion County. According to its website, it processes 550 tons per day of municipal solid waste, generating up to 13 megawatts of energy sold to Portland General Electric.
Marion County estimates that the facility processes about 700 tons of in-county medical waste each year and about 1,200 tons from elsewhere, making it a small percentage of the total waste burned. Out-of-town medical waste is charged a higher fee."
The liberal culture of death at its finest!
Drive right

Sierra Madre, CA

#8061 May 5, 2014
I see we have the usual amount of STUPID BURNERS posting this morning. Are you molting again this is the second time in two weeks, weather is getting warmer too. Don't play stupid games with me idiot, go ask yourself those idiotic questions.

Elk Grove, CA

#8062 May 5, 2014
Drive right wrote:
I see we have the usual amount of STUPID BURNERS posting this morning. Are you molting again this is the second time in two weeks, weather is getting warmer too. Don't play stupid games with me idiot, go ask yourself those idiotic questions.
weather always gets warmer with summer coming. It's called "Summer", Look it up, read about it, the weather gets warmer. Then always remember that "Winter" is coming again.
Drive right

Sierra Madre, CA

#8063 May 5, 2014
Take a ride some where else rickie roadharder.

I see we have the usual amount of STUPID BURNERS posting this morning. Are you molting again this is the second time in two weeks, weather is getting warmer too.

Don't play stupid games with me idiot, go ask yourself those idiotic questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 51 min scurall 5,066
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 52 min pies 15,993
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 53 min ploppers 200,937
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 23 hr GOP bull 2,265
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) 23 hr Jesie 950
US stocks start lower Mon Go Blue Forever 17
Camden, TN. Topix Moderator (Aug '13) Sep 13 ladybee 16
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••