Please click

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

I hope you’ll take the opportunity to watch the premiere of Years of Living Dangerously research and filming.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

I hope you'll think and look for experimental evidence, that's the sine quo non for science, not consensus or populism.
Cee Clocked

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Spin in Brian: I hope you’ll take the opportunity to watch the premiere of Years of Living Dangerously research and filming.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Not a chance, I'm not into propaganda.

I liked the 1982 Peter Weir movie starring Mel Gibson, Linda Hunt and Sigourney Weaver called The Year of Living Dangerously after the book by Christopher Koch; I hope they sue!
Blowollies

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Gee your spinning it again, Spin in Brian: I hope you’ll take the opportunity to watch the premiere of Years of Living Dangerously research and filming.
Coal is King

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

CitizenTopix wrote:
Proposition 23, which would Suspend AB 32, the Global Warming Act of 2006, is on the November 2, 2010 ballot in California as an initiated state statute.
Ballot Title: Suspends Implementation of Air Pollution Control Law (AB 32) Requiring Major Sources of Emissions to Report and Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions that Cause Global Warming Until Unemployment Drops to 5.5 Percent or Less for Full Year.
Official summary:
Suspends State law that requires greenhouse gas emissions be reduced to 1990 levels by 2020, until California's unemployment drops to 5.5 percent or less for four consecutive quarters.
Requires State to abandon implementation of comprehensive greenhouse-gas-reduction program that includes increased renewable energy and cleaner fuel requirements, and mandatory emission reporting and fee requirements for major polluters such as power plants and oil refineries, until suspension ends.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
When California environmentalists sitting in the dark, the coal miners that your stupid enviro laws have thrown out of work will be laughing.
lug heads

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Some lug-heads just take longer to understand the big picture.
California Laughing

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Coal is King wrote:
<quoted text>
When California environmentalists sitting in the dark, the coal miners that your stupid enviro laws have thrown out of work will be laughing.
If your coal miners think their unemployment is funny, then don't ever wonder why everyone laughs at Kentucky.
lug heads

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Some Lug-Heads are just harder to get through than others.
zerocoolisHe

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

Joe wrote:
*Man-caused Global Warming (AGW) has _no_ scientific peer reviewed validity. It is basically a fraud perpetrated by people and organizations with other agendas, like cripple the developed nations with inane regulations that will do _nothing_ to change the warming or cooling of the climate which is almost entirely solar driven.
*CO2 is _not_ a "pollutant"! It is a necessary component of life on earth. The percentage CO2 in the atmosphere has been much higher in the past and life went on just fine.
*CARB is an outfit out of control, IMHO, inventing new odious regulations for their own benefit with no concern for the cost/benefit aspect of their actions. They are basically trying to perpetuate their own existence long after the major improvements of smog levels in major metropolitan areas have been achieved.
I would suggest a YES vote on Prop 23.
There have been 16,208 papers published in peer-reviewed field journals and magazines since 1991 on the subject of Climate Change. 16,183 found a causal link between man made air pollution and climate change. Only 25 found a lack of evidence that climate change is caused by humans. That is a 99.8% consensus within the scientific community that Global Climate Change is "Man-Caused." So unless you have a doctorate in chemistry or physics that you failed to mention, you should probably just shut your dumb, hillbilly talk hole.
Lug Heads

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

Some Lug-Heads are just harder to get through to others.
Coal is King

La Fayette, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

California Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
If your coal miners think their unemployment is funny, then don't ever wonder why everyone laughs at Kentucky.
Coal miners do not think unemployment is funny. But your damn California Hollywood environmentalists seem to think that throwing us out of work is okay. So when your lights go out for lack of power, and your lose everything that relies on coal that you don't even think about, then hell yes, we will laugh at you.
e DAY

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

Maybe you could do something good for Earth Day?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

zerocoolisHe wrote:
There have been 16,208 papers published in peer-reviewed field journals and magazines since 1991 on the subject of Climate Change. 16,183 found a causal link between man made air pollution and climate change. Only 25 found a lack of evidence that climate change is caused by humans. That is a 99.8% consensus within the scientific community that Global Climate Change is "Man-Caused." So unless you have a doctorate in chemistry or physics that you failed to mention, you should probably just shut your dumb, hillbilly talk hole.
And during those 25 years, not one single experimental test of climate change mitigation published in a peer reviewed, nor has there been an experimental test showing any specific human activity changing climate either. We have no experiments showing us how to mitigate climate change or measure if that does any good or harm. But the PC faith in consensus science still persuades those who don't understand logic or the scientific method.
Blubbering

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

Soon the doubters will be blubbering in their boiling pots.
Coal

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

C O A L
Scrubbers

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

When coal powered plants clean up their emission from the stacks them MAYBE you can talk here, until then go back to the corner and sit down.

People like you would still be adding lead to gasoline.
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Scrubbers wrote:
When coal powered plants clean up their emission from the stacks them MAYBE you can talk here, until then go back to the corner and sit down.
People like you would still be adding lead to gasoline.
People like you would still have humans living in caves without fire.

All you damned environmentalists should be exiled to an island in the Aleutians and left to either freeze or starve.
No Coal

Castro Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Coal wrote:
C O A L
Congratulations on learning how to spell a four-letter word. Now go brush your tooth.
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

The state of human civilization in the 21st century AD if environmentalists had ruled the world for the last million years:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...

Except we probably would not even have had fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 min Not a perry fan 200,555
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr facts faced 15,929
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 6 hr guest 48
comment 13 hr Just Thinking 13
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) 13 hr Just Thinking 8
Complaints Against Google+ 13 hr Just Thinking 79
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 14 hr glasspilot 6
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••