Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bullwinkle

Sierra Madre, CA

#229933 Mar 21, 2014
This ones easy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229934 Mar 21, 2014
Westboro uied wrote:
Fred Phelps did not care what you thought of his Westboro Baptist Church, nor did he care if you heard its message that society's tolerance for gay people is the root of all earthly evil.
By the time you saw one of his outrageous and hate-filled signs — "You're Going to Hell" was among the more benign — you were already doomed.
Glad this dirty one is being burned to ashes.
There is something good that can be said about him.

Other churches seeing his excesses, wanted to make sure everyone knew he did not speak for them. They toned down their own rhetoric, decreased their own hatred, and became more accepting of people different than themselves.

Religious people are far more accepting of others than they were before Mr Phelps

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229935 Mar 21, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Oh my!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does ...

"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.

However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.

If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.

That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”

So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.

MORE ON CNN: Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravitational waves detected

Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229936 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.
However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.
If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.
That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”
So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.
Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."
Smirk.
Nothing new, I always wondered why the less educated religious always rebelled against the theory, it was first proposed by a priest... Monseigneur Georges Lemaître

Of course nothing at all about the Theory points to a being.. only to the fact that this current universe.. had a beginning.

And yes it did.

Location hidden

#229937 Mar 21, 2014
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new, I always wondered why the less educated religious always rebelled against the theory, it was first proposed by a priest... Monseigneur Georges Lemaître
Of course nothing at all about the Theory points to a being.. only to the fact that this current universe.. had a beginning.
And yes it did.
Not what the article said. Or the scientist. But you always have your own fantasies, don't you.

Smirk.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#229938 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my!

Smirk.
What are you posting me for?

Location hidden

#229939 Mar 21, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you posting me for?
I'm sorry, it had 'Big' in it, and I got confused...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#229940 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, it had 'Big' in it, and I got confused...

Smirk.
https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/L6TtAFxGEeKMDBI...

Location hidden

#229941 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, it had 'Big' in it, and I got confused...

Smirk.
Lying,seducing,grooming,cheati ng,
stealing

Location hidden

#229942 Mar 21, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
I love the closing:

"It is here by the Church Organic Spiritual Alive so ordered. Amen. "

Smirk.
quizzler

Long Beach, CA

#229944 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
Smirk.
It seems you posted this in the wrong thread, dear. Please take notice of the topic of this Topix thread. Thanks and have a lovely day.
quizzler

Long Beach, CA

#229945 Mar 21, 2014
** Attention** Please remain on topic while posting on Topix threads. Thanks!
Storked

Sierra Madre, CA

#229946 Mar 21, 2014
I just saw a stork fly by, what shall I do?

Location hidden

#229947 Mar 22, 2014
quizzler wrote:
<quoted text>It seems you posted this in the wrong thread, dear. Please take notice of the topic of this Topix thread. Thanks and have a lovely day.
Not at all, gays bring up God all the time on this thread. And I bring up scientific facts.

You have a nice day too!

Smile.
Jody

Sierra Madre, CA

#229948 Mar 22, 2014
How is Jody these days?
Bruno

Santa Monica, CA

#229949 Mar 22, 2014
Hi everyone!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#229950 Mar 22, 2014
Bruno wrote:
Hi everyone!
Rut row LOL
Whip saw

Sierra Madre, CA

#229952 Mar 22, 2014
It's time to get cracking.
Morton

Anonymous Proxy

#229953 Mar 22, 2014
Whats up
More you

Sierra Madre, CA

#229954 Mar 22, 2014
More than that, but less than you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 10 hr Prosperity1 116
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Sun Hmm 2
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Sun Jinlonh 953
News Ice-T announces Art of Rap festival with Afrika... Apr 25 lol squared 3
News Miami Pop Artist Britto Charges Apple with Copy... Apr 24 87Jason 1
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Apr 20 Lost Inspacevale 15
News Soon everyone will be an electric company (Jul '14) Apr 20 Frank Sinasstra 13
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]