Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,176

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228561 Jan 27, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but old "Man Breath" doesn't address non sequiturs and double standards. He only cackles on about how he believes that he is the only one in here with some sort of education. It's his signature drivel. Then, when pressed, he claims that the same logic used against the SSM crowd (moral outrage) was invalid (when used against them), but stands as perfectly plausible when being used against Polygamists, who have more standing in society than SSM ever had... Historically or naturally... Herds are an outrage, but a sterile union can fly.... Then, Old Big Dope jumps in and crows about how he thinks he can have a priest arrested for being on school grounds, but a homo (with no official educational, or scholastic, agenda {except for maybe making kids aware that they may not be normal, but it is ok...}) may have free rein with the kids, who never had any business being made aware (as early as the age of 6, and even sometimes against the wishes of the parents) that they have to decide if they are gay, or not. Sounds pretty fuqked up to me, but this crowd thinks that "we have just made everything right as rain"... And many wonder why we have high crime rates, national morale is at an all time low, and the call for gun control is at a fever pitch.
Great post and 100% spot on.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228562 Jan 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> how about this: in a country where there is supposed to be no law respecting establishment of religion , no marriage should reward tax benifits and any private company or business providing public service who does is guilty of discrimination....
I hear ya. Married people get the gold mine and we single people get the shaft.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228564 Jan 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text>how trife to point out simple typos. You lack substance.
What about the substance of that
post I was making fun of....STHU
Who asked you,you lack pants.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228565 Jan 28, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your fantastically unbrilliant post in its entirety. Telling me I 'censored it' is a weak attempt to suggest that somehow I took your words out of context. In reality, as anyone can see, I meerly edited out the parts not worth responding to.
It is as crisp and non-spamming as possible. So, wisebut, once again ....
<quoted text>
Uh, NO - that IS the reason. You are hopelessly dense?
And for the record, to expect others to repost the entirety of your posts when there is only a single part of it they wish to respond to is assinine - repost your own propaganda.
They are denied because of all the reasons ss couples do not equate to marriage.

You dye your hair don't you?
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#228567 Jan 28, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, NO - that IS the reason. You are hopelessly dense?
You are looking to be a little denser. Is the sole reason that they want to be married the fact that they are gay?

Wooster, OH

#228568 Jan 28, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that. I agreed that moral disapproval is not a valid reason.
But it's not the only reason. Polygamy isn't going to become legal because the "moral disapproval" argument is no longer valid in light of SCOTUS rulings. There would have to be a trial, testimony would be heard, from both sides. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the anti-polygamy legal case BEFORE it gets to court, or it will pretty much be the same as this case: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
Oddly enough, I'd like to thank you, for simply not throwing an insult in there, it's a little out-of-character, for you, but appreciated.

Wooster, OH

#228569 Jan 28, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a pile of horseshit to me. Sexuality emerges during puberty. That's not exactly a state secret. Why would anyone demand a 6 yr old self identify?
Puberty, yes. And when I was in school, back in the 1800's, it was in Jr High School that we first addresses the issue of sexuality. Why would a first grader have to be confronted with the idea? What business does an elementary schooler even have hearing about it?

Wooster, OH

#228570 Jan 28, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post and 100% spot on.
TY.
:-D
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#228573 Jan 28, 2014
First graders should be taught that some boys and girls are different and that it is OK. It is not OK to bully a school mate just because they are different.
Number now

Covina, CA

#228574 Jan 28, 2014
What's the number now?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228575 Jan 28, 2014
Dorn wrote:
First graders should be taught that some boys and girls are different and that it is OK. It is not OK to bully a school mate just because they are different.
Sure it is! Makes ya tough!
Not not

Sierra Madre, CA

#228576 Jan 28, 2014
What's the number now?

Nougat

Sierra Madre, CA

#228577 Jan 28, 2014
What is new good nougat.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#228578 Jan 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They are denied because of all the reasons ss couples do not equate to marriage.
You dye your hair don't you?
.I understand that there could possibly be some different reason on rare occassion that would prevent the marriage even if they were a straight couple.
When you popint out 'they' are denied... you are speaking of the entire group. When I say 'they' are denied solely for being gay I am referring to an individual couple.
Plenty of individual couples are denied the ability to legally marry for the the sole reason they are gay
It really is that simple.
And nope, no hair dye.
Nougat

Sierra Madre, CA

#228579 Jan 28, 2014
What is a new nougat?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228581 Jan 28, 2014
Keep yer hands off my PBR!
Lonewolf

Houston, TX

#228582 Jan 28, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Keep yer hands off my PBR!
??? Why?
Lusch Rimjawb Listener

Sonoma, CA

#228583 Jan 28, 2014
Vote for Christie, early and often! When we have him in the big seat, why then we will be able to dismantle all the give away social crap and begin fun wars that make mone, closer to home and with NO SAND.. With eight years of Big Chris, we can add another eight years ostensibly devoted to "reform". Hoo_Awwww!
The cash regisers aren't built yet that can handle the great gains we will make. Trust trickle down enlightenment, you joicks. Now more retirement checks for smelly old poops sitting in libraries and on porches, no more free lunch for those who jus won't get it that our class is to be idolized, obeyed, and deferred to. NO more scraps for you until the world looks like we want it to. Down, NOW!
Doris Nay

Sonoma, CA

#228584 Jan 28, 2014
Hooga Booga Babeee!
I now know what the secret is but I cant tell because you wouldn't understand and trying to let you get it would dilute the pleasure of knowing that you don'y know because you SOULD NOT know and will never get any the wiser. Hark! Praise God and pass out!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228585 Jan 28, 2014
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>
??? Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) 30 min WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA 3 hr D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... 10 hr One way or another 5
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... Sat Are you serious 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Fri Many Fine Views 30
Petition against unreasonable fingerprinting Fri BiometricAwareness 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 18 maryjaneprincton 19

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match