Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,347

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#228046 Jan 18, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell does the "waitress" lie have to do with a frivolous law suit? You can't sue someone for not tipping.
And as far as this nebulous comment goes:
"the two idiots that sued a NY taxi company for another made up B.S. lie"
Do you have any idea how often that happens? Could you be more specific?
In law, frivolous litigation is the practice of starting or carrying on lawsuits that, due to their lack of legal merit, have little to no chance of being won. Your side knows it hasn't a chance, and now, because of the stupidity of homophobes, when the 10th Circuit Court rejects the state's claim, gay marriage will become legal in every State in the 10th Circuit, not just Utah.
How more specific can I be. I am only couter acting to your accusation of frivolous law suits by hetero's. Take your fat head out of your ass !
Spare

Covina, CA

#228048 Jan 18, 2014
It should be, that's the best angled point #228046

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228049 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time???
Smirk.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriages where procreation is required: Zero
Hey you brought the issue up. If you want to honestly equate to marriage, ss couples should at least match old couples, sick couples and couples with a choice. That's more than fair!

Smirk.

Location hidden

#228050 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie again.
Gays are not denied marriage for the 'sole reason that they are gay'.
Can you not post and be honest? Is your defense so weak it must be cloaked in distortion and deceit???
Sad.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So weak? Who didn't prove their case in Prop 8 litigation? This matter has been litigated and it is over. These are the finding of facts in this case:
Marriage is a civil, not religious, matter.[94]:FOF 19 p.60
How the State defines civil marriage.[94]:FOF 34, p.67
Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of sexual, affectional or romantic desires for and attractions to men, women or both sexes. An individual’s sexual orientation can be expressed through self-identification, behavior or attraction.[94]:FOF 43, p.71–72
Individuals do not generally choose their sexual orientation. An individual does not, through conscious decision, therapeutic intervention or any other method, change sexual orientation.[94]:FOF 46, p.74
The State has no interest in asking gays and lesbians to change their orientation or in reducing the number of gays and lesbians in California.[94]:FOF 47, p.76
Marriage has benefits which the State and individuals gain from, which apply to same and opposite sex marriage alike.[94]:FOF 35–41, p.67–71
Same sex couples are identical to opposite sex couples in terms of characteristics relevant to successful marriage and union.[94]:FOF 48, p.79
Marrying a person of the opposite sex is an unrealistic option for gays and lesbians.[94]:FOF 51, p.79
Domestic partnerships lack the social meaning associated with marriage.[94]:FOF 52, p.80
Marriage of other groups, controversial on comparable grounds at the time, such as race or ethnicity, has not reduced the "vibrancy" or importance of marriage as a social institution, although many people raised concerns of its degradation at the time.[94]:FOF 66–67, p.66
The costs and harm (to the State and to lesbians and gays) resulting from denial of marriage to same-sex couples.[94]:FOF 64–68, p.77–78
A parent's gender is not a factor in a child's adjustment. An individual's sexual orientation does not determine whether that individual can be a good parent. Children raised by gay or lesbian parents are as likely as children raised by heterosexual parents to be healthy, successful and well-adjusted.[94]:FOF 70, p.95
Gay and lesbian adoption is widespread and is supported and encouraged in California law, providing evidence concerning same sex couples and parenting, with around 18% of same sex couples in California raising children.[94]:FOF 69–73, p.94–96 As a corollary, this provides evidence of fact that Proposition 8 is not rationally connected to improving parenting, since it makes no attempt to amend or revoke state approval of any aspect of parenting by non-married same sex couples.[94]:Pp.Int. 3 p.127–128
Gays and lesbians have a long history of being victims of discrimination.[94]:FOF 74, p.96
Religious beliefs that gay and lesbian relationships are sinful or inferior to heterosexual relationships harm gays and lesbians.[94]:FOF 77, p.101
You lie about the argument, and then ignore that and make another whining, deceitful rant.

Can you not post and be honest? Is your defense so weak it must be cloaked in distortion and deceit???
Sad.
Back to CA

Covina, CA

#228051 Jan 18, 2014
You bet Texas S is As S backwards

Houston's openly gay mayor, Annise Parker, has wedded her longtime partner at a private home in California, even as her home state of Texas bans such same-sex marriages.

Location hidden

#228052 Jan 18, 2014
Back to CA wrote:
You bet Texas S is As S backwards
Houston's openly gay mayor, Annise Parker, has wedded her longtime partner at a private home in California, even as her home state of Texas bans such same-sex marriages.
ss marriage is an oxymoron.

Leave it to CA to embrace denial once again...

SMirk.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228053 Jan 18, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
How more specific can I be. I am only couter acting to your accusation of frivolous law suits by hetero's. Take your fat head out of your ass !
Frivolous lawsuits by heteros? Huh?

What does the waitress story have to do with a frivolous lawsuit? There was no lawsuit.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228054 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Leave it to CA to embrace denial once again...
SMirk.
The denial is all yours, KiMerde.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228055 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie again.
Sad.
<quoted text>
You lie about the argument, and then ignore that and make another whining, deceitful rant.
Sad.
Look, dummy. What I posted are the findings of fact from the Prop 8 case. You know, the one SCOTUS allowed to stand.?... How is that deceitful... it's public record... check for yourself.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228056 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time???
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hey you brought the issue up. If you want to honestly equate to marriage, ss couples should at least match old couples, sick couples and couples with a choice. That's more than fair!
Smirk.
Procreation isn't required of ANY couple.

I brought the issue up? Are you kidding me? You've been posting on Topix for months on end, continually whining about gay marriage and anal sex. You have issues, dude. Mental health issues.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228057 Jan 18, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Procreation isn't required of ANY couple.
I brought the issue up? Are you kidding me? You've been posting on Topix for months on end, continually whining about gay marriage and anal sex. You have issues, dude. Mental health issues.
Oh the irony.
Frankie Rizzo

San Jose, CA

#228058 Jan 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the irony.
PS I p the bed.
Helix sets

Covina, CA

#228059 Jan 18, 2014
If you have never has a Helix then it's better than the Glove of fingers #228058
blue duck

Gardnerville, NV

#228060 Jan 18, 2014
I can give you directions how to remove your helix with a pair of needle nosed pliers. You don't need it now that you've had a lobotomy.
Helix set

Covina, CA

#228061 Jan 18, 2014
If you have never has a Helix then it's better than the Glove of fingers #228060

Location hidden

#228062 Jan 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie again.
Sad.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dummy. What I posted are the findings of fact from the Prop 8 case. You know, the one SCOTUS allowed to stand.?... How is that deceitful... it's public record... check for yourself.
The Prop 8 case has nothing to do with your claim that gays are denied marriage for the 'sole reason that they are gay'.

The hilarious thing is, you can't even get past the very basic essence of marriage;

A cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Smile.

Location hidden

#228063 Jan 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Procreation isn't required of ANY couple.
Easily half of the gay claim to marriage on here is 'procreation isn't required'.

I simply noted that requiring ss couples to AT LEAST equate to old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice if they want to equate to marriage. I even left out the vast majority of marriages that DO procreate.

That is an incredibly fair requirement!

Right?

Smile.
the truth

Coweta, OK

#228064 Jan 19, 2014
A few facts about homosexuals. They account for 1.7% of the total population in the US. An estimated one in 20 teenage boys and adult men sexually abuse children, and an estimated one teenage girl or adult woman in every 3,300 females molests children. What does that tell you about the worth of the homosexual lifestyle? In our prisons, homosexuals account for a walloping 75% of the total prison population. They are child molesters, murderers, thieves, rapists, drug pushers and much more. Down through time, every civilization that allowed homosexuals to have free reign has collapsed. There’s a simple reason for that. Decent people have families with children. Their priorities are to raise their kid to be good, law abiding citizens. They work hard in their chosen professions with the idea of making positive contributions that will help design new products, offer services that will build a good customer base and conduct their lives in an orderly, dignified manor. In other words, they are a credit to themselves, their community and their employer.
On the other hand, homosexuals can’t give birth to children without connecting in illicit sexual behavior. They have no concern for themselves or their community, except to pander to their baser desires. They do not work to improve the world, but rather look to find ways of tearing down good and decent organizations, churches, clubs and societies. Their only goal in life is to promote filth and recruit new partners. Beyond that, they are not interested in decent, moral behavior.
Homosexuals will respond to these facts by writing filthy slurs and using nasty, vulgar language. But they cannot refute these facts with truth, only with lies to try to dissuade people from knowing the truth. Homosexuals are disgusting criminals, ridden with vile diseases that spread to those who engage in their barbaric behavior.

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#228065 Jan 19, 2014
the truth wrote:
A few facts about homosexuals.........
Answered this silly post on another thread. If you need to spam something, you have already lost the argument.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#228066 Jan 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Cletus? Why do you think you can't marry your sister/mother/aunt/grandmother ?
Even suggesting marrying a dog makes you look dumber than bag of hammers. Marriage is for humans, you dumbass.
How very clever of you, to put words in his mouth, then attack him for those words. Why did you say that it is wrong to legislate marriage and then applaud the same issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 12 hr tera 112
Caltrain accident 18 hr Mary J 1
VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Wed Jack Offmoore 14
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Wed Etsy 63
I m housewife need home based job Tue Rajveer9033383005 11
Local painter records wedding memories on canvas (Mar '09) Feb 23 calebhart54 3
Prep results from the Friday, Feb. 20 newspaper Feb 21 toby josh 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Ricky Jean Francois to visit Redskins, 49ers
Bleacher Report 9:20 PM
49ers' Worst-Case Scenario for Round 1 of Draft
Bleacher Report10:01 PM
49ers' Latest Free Agency News and Rumors
ESPN10:52 PM
Report: 49ers will bid to host CFP title game
Bleacher Report 5:50 AM
What Type of WRs Will the Raiders Target This Offseason?