Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,387

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#227914 Jan 15, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I think ;-)
So, I posit that denying a couple the right to marry for the sole reason that they are gay is hurtful and benefits no-one.
Do you agree with this statement? If not, which part do you not agree with?
I prefer "refuse to grant" instead of "deny", don't you? It puts things in the proper light.

Wooster, OH

#227915 Jan 15, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you. The federal government doesn't recognize civil unions.
SS couples are married. FYI.... gay couples have been legally marrying for 10 years now. you live in an alternate reality, please post on their forum.
Actually, you're living in the immediate now. You are preferring to use the recent turn of events, instead of viewing our existence in its entirety. Perhaps, you could petition the Fed to recognize "civil unions", instead of forcing your inclusion into an institution that has never allowed for your type of relationship. Is it better to besmirch someone else's tradition, instead of creating your own? Forced inclusion into our party does not grant any sort of legitimacy. It cheapens what we have cherished, and diminishes it.

Wooster, OH

#227916 Jan 15, 2014
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I BELIEVE this poster has been hating on our Honolulu Forum for many years. Goes by the name GURU and has many others aliases such as this one Jerry Sandusky. His location is usually Los Angeles but he told me he lives in the Huntington Beach area. Who cares really.
Just thought you would like to know that obsessed Obama hater, birther, self described realtor mastermind and vulgar Topix obsessed dude may be walking your streets or jazzing your forum. aloha
Yeah, he's a nothing to me. not worth responding to.

Wooster, OH

#227917 Jan 15, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>... and you think that is permanent?
Yes, as all that they have to do is stand their ground, and not bow to the peer pressure that is todays lobbying. They don't have to accept any sort of Federal intervention, as the Constitution grants the final say to the individual states. Most of the country knows this, but is many states have been seeded, in order to accomplish this miraculous feat of turning the country over to subversive parties.

Wooster, OH

#227918 Jan 15, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I showered this morning, now what PUTZ
Man, why waste any keyboard power responding to that idiot?

Wooster, OH

#227919 Jan 15, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with the federal government, and stop trying to change the english language....and history.
To paraphrase the poster to whom you are responding: "Testify!". Xavier said that, more than once. I think it sounds silly, but it seemed a good time to use it...
:-D

Wooster, OH

#227920 Jan 15, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty clear. SScouples should be afforded all of the same rights/privileges of a married man/woman, except, it is not a marriage. It is a civil union of a SS couple..
Since your definition of marriage is different than has been the traditional historic definition, may it include 3 folks? or a horse? or?????
It was Genghis Khan said it best. His philosophy was" It is not enough that I win, everyone else must lose". They must be Mongoloids....
:-D
Skeet Packers

Covina, CA

#227921 Jan 15, 2014
Skeet packers are at it again and doing it with
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227922 Jan 15, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>Man, why waste any keyboard power responding to that idiot?
if you pay attention,he attacked me
without provocation.MYOB and get
over me for Crying out loud...
What an obsessive hillbilly...
Skeet Packers

Covina, CA

#227923 Jan 15, 2014
Senior Cpl. Amy Wilburn was fired after wounding a 19-year-old carjacking suspect on Dec. 9, 2013.

Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227924 Jan 15, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do in here is bitch. If you can't stand the heat maybe you should leave.

Wooster, OH

#227925 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that attacks.Stop whining..
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227926 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>You're the one that attacks.Stop whining..
STFU about me and it won't be a
problem for you Merlin!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227927 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>All you do in here is bitch. If you can't stand the heat maybe you should leave.
OK Bruno,go count Penguins that fly!
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227929 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Bruno,go count Penguins that fly!
Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227931 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
OK Gustavo the Sailor Toot Toot!
Serious

Covina, CA

#227932 Jan 16, 2014
Serious air pollution plagues most major Chinese cities, where environmental protection has been long sacrificed for the sake of economic development.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227933 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
Gustavo go teach a penguin to fly!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#227934 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think SSM is permanent? maybe there is something to it, maybe just maybe this will be somethihg that will wake America up! this unorthodox way of living is not set in stone by any means.
Yes. SSM is permanent. The state cannot take away a right once it has been granted.

Perhaps if you spent more time educating yourself about how our government works, and less time worrying about who is marrying whom, you could have an honest thought.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#227935 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, as all that they have to do is stand their ground, and not bow to the peer pressure that is todays lobbying. They don't have to accept any sort of Federal intervention, as the Constitution grants the final say to the individual states. Most of the country knows this, but is many states have been seeded, in order to accomplish this miraculous feat of turning the country over to subversive parties.
Really? The final say goes to the States, eh? No....... SCOTUS has the final say and our federal constitution is supreme. States may not pass laws that violate the federal constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) 4 min andrewharas 100
Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now Sun Lucy 4
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) Feb 27 Fracking Doodooda 4
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Feb 26 tera 112
Caltrain accident Feb 25 Mary J 1
VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Feb 25 Jack Offmoore 14
I m housewife need home based job Feb 24 Rajveer9033383005 11

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:22 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:22PM