Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
190,581 - 190,600 of 200,572 Comments Last updated 44 min ago

“I'm Batman. ”

Since: Aug 07

I'm the Chris Jericho of Topix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

I agree that this is the correct step, however I also feel it is ridiculous to allow people to vote for something and then completely ignore it. The people should have more of a voice than a government. People want to be bigots and vote against homosexual marriage, so be it. The people don't want homosexual marriage, that's the way it should be until more people stop being bigots. Too bad, it's a democracy. So even though I support same sex marriage, it's complete crap that the people aren't being listened to.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I find protecting marriage, families and children, and speaking against abusive sexual behavior a legitimate and righteous cause.
You do realize that posting on Topix accomplishes none of those goals, correct?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably a pimple faced twenty something year old living in his grandmother's basement. Empty bags of cheetos, and empty soda cans on the floor.
Cheetos and soda are highly processed, empty calories that are devoid of any nutritional value and should be avoided at all cost. Please consider lean protein sources, limited quantities of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats such as nuts and olive oil, and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for good health!
Guess is more

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Guess is more like it.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

what about those DODGERS??.....

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NJB)
22 ‘Yahweh created me, first-fruits of his fashioning, before the oldest of his works.
23 From everlasting, I was firmly set, from the beginning, before the earth came into being.
24 The deep was not, when I was born, nor were the springs with their abounding waters.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I came to birth;
26 before he had made the earth, the countryside, and the first elements of the world.
27 When he fixed the heavens firm, I was there, when he drew a circle on the surface of the deep,
28 when he thickened the clouds above, when the sources of the deep began to swell,
29 when he assigned the sea its boundaries —and the waters will not encroach on the shore— when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside the master craftsman, delighting him day after day, ever at play in his presence,
31 at play everywhere on his earth, delighting to be with the children of men.
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy words right from the Nazi cult handbook...The book of hate bigotry and violence...
Evolution is how this came to be...Not some flying space jew or spaghetti monster or Zues or whatever BS....MAN GROW UP IT IS 2013...WE NOW KNOW HOW THINGS WORK DONT NEED GODS ANYMORE.,
Where does one thought in this passage eliminate evolution?

How can you judge things of faith, when the ability to deal with facts evades you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that most western holidays are of Pagan origin, as opposed to religious (or Christian) origin? Christmas and Easter, for example, have more to do with Paganism than Christianity, as currently celebrated. You might find the origins of these holidays interesting if you research them. The religious aspects came "later". Surprisingly, the origins of Halloween are more religious than Christmas and Easter.
Of course Christmas and Easter come 'later'. They celebrate events that happened 'later'.

Just a heads up idiot, those 'later' events are what they celebrate.

Do you think before you speak???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>The prostate is easily stimulated from inside. You can learn more either via Google or an old stand-by book "The Joy of Gay Sex". It might be informative if you are curious and have questions.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

I suspect you struggle with anal sex because when you stimulate your prostrate, you get knocked out too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I find protecting marriage, families and children, and speaking against abusive sexual behavior a legitimate and righteous cause.
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that posting on Topix accomplishes none of those goals, correct?
Sure it does.

That is why it bothers those in denial so much.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know faith is opposed to knowledge?
You don't know the meaning of the words?

Maybe you should not use words you don't understand the meaning of

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

I suspect you struggle with anal sex because when you stimulate your prostrate, you get knocked out too.
LOL
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
That is why it bothers those in denial so much.
The only one in denial here is you, same sex couple are also married.

You don't protect marriage you attack marriage, you hate their marriages.

I protect marriage, I defend marriage against troglodytes like you.

I do have hope that someday you will accept marriage, but I wont let you define my marriage, nor theirs. You are simply not that important.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the meaning of the words?
Maybe you should not use words you don't understand the meaning of
Because words are distinct, does not mean they are opposed.

Faith is the foundation of fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one in denial here is you, same sex couple are also married.
You don't protect marriage you attack marriage, you hate their marriages.
I do have hope that someday you will accept marriage, but I wont let you define my marriage, nor theirs. You are simply not that important.
Delusional opinion.

Dismissed.
in distress

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Save us, Sphincter Man!!!!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your Bible? Will you kill someone if they tear a page?
The Constitution is sacred it is real and one of the best pieces of paper ever written. It is LAW. It is what makes this nation great. AND WHEN YOU NAZI PIGS SPIT ON IT I GET MAD YES I WILL KILL TO PROTECT IT JUST LIKE OUR FOUNDING FATHERS KILLED TO WRITE IT.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NJB)
22 ‘Yahweh created me, first-fruits of his fashioning, before the oldest of his works.
23 From everlasting, I was firmly set, from the beginning, before the earth came into being.
24 The deep was not, when I was born, nor were the springs with their abounding waters.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I came to birth;
26 before he had made the earth, the countryside, and the first elements of the world.
27 When he fixed the heavens firm, I was there, when he drew a circle on the surface of the deep,
28 when he thickened the clouds above, when the sources of the deep began to swell,
29 when he assigned the sea its boundaries —and the waters will not encroach on the shore— when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside the master craftsman, delighting him day after day, ever at play in his presence,
31 at play everywhere on his earth, delighting to be with the children of men.
<quoted text>
Where does one thought in this passage eliminate evolution?
How can you judge things of faith, when the ability to deal with facts evades you?
Faith is for weak minded brainwashed ignorant Nazi pigs like you...I DEAL IN FACTS AND TRUTH....You should try it you would not be an insane freak anymore.

Faith in a 2000 year old cult is stupid and shows your a ignorant child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is for weak minded brainwashed ignorant Nazi pigs like you...I DEAL IN FACTS AND TRUTH....You should try it you would not be an insane freak anymore.
Faith in a 2000 year old cult is stupid and shows your a ignorant child.
Clearly you are incapable of comprehending the passage. It is about wisdom as the basis of creation, not faith.

Like I said, of you are incapable of dealing with fact, how in hell can you deal with faith?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are incapable of comprehending the passage. It is about wisdom as the basis of creation, not faith.
Like I said, of you are incapable of dealing with fact, how in hell can you deal with faith?
No wisdom and having to have faith in 2000 year old cult..In fact trusting in the buybull like you do shows mental illness and ignorance.

I ONLY DEAL IN FACT. That is why the buybull and your Nazi cult hold nothing for me since there is no fact there..

OK I GIVE YOU ONCE CHANCE...PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL.....HARDOCRE ROCK SOLID PROOF YOUR GOD IS REAL....If you cant do that then there is no fact there.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional opinion.
Dismissed.
Dismissing fact is delusional. Same sex couples are still legally married, and marrying, in California, and the federal government recognizes each one.

Denying reality is never a healthy choice, so why do you persist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 3 hr Twin 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr facts faced 15,929
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 15 hr guest 48
comment 22 hr Just Thinking 13
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) 22 hr Just Thinking 8
Complaints Against Google+ 22 hr Just Thinking 79

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000