Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#220423 Oct 7, 2013
and Harvey Milk day

Sacramento, CA

#220425 Oct 7, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy words right from the Nazi cult handbook...The book of hate bigotry and violence...
Evolution is how this came to be...Not some flying space jew or spaghetti monster or Zues or whatever BS....MAN GROW UP IT IS 2013...WE NOW KNOW HOW THINGS WORK DONT NEED GODS ANYMORE.,
I really don't have the faith to believe in that fairy tale that a puddle of crud showed up and then all life forms along with intelligent DNA evolved into life today.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#220426 Oct 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Well...you will know after death.

and at that point...

If the bible wasn't true, YOU and bible believing people had nothing to lose...HOWEVER,

If the bible is true, then honey YOU have everything to lose... forever.

Funny thing is that tomorrow is not guaranteed but DEATH is 100% guaranteed and is only a heart beat away...
You said it perfectly!!

Location hidden

#220427 Oct 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I bet the national gay holiday, Halloween for starters.
He celebrates Halloween every day.
Scary mad as a hatter!!
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220428 Oct 7, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He celebrates Halloween every day.
Scary mad as a hatter!!
He also dresses up like Hitler ...
Flounders

Azusa, CA

#220429 Oct 7, 2013
Flounders will end up bring more than just the Republican / Tea Party down, it will effect the whole country.

Long Beach, CA

#220430 Oct 7, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Holidays do you celebrate?
Just out of curiosity....
Did you know that most western holidays are of Pagan origin, as opposed to religious (or Christian) origin? Christmas and Easter, for example, have more to do with Paganism than Christianity, as currently celebrated. You might find the origins of these holidays interesting if you research them. The religious aspects came "later". Surprisingly, the origins of Halloween are more religious than Christmas and Easter.

Location hidden

#220431 Oct 7, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>He also dresses up like Hitler ...
I think you are exactly right! He has
Adolf's personality already!!

Location hidden

#220432 Oct 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that most western holidays are of Pagan origin, as opposed to religious (or Christian) origin? Christmas and Easter, for example, have more to do with Paganism than Christianity, as currently celebrated. You might find the origins of these holidays interesting if you research them. The religious aspects came "later". Surprisingly, the origins of Halloween are more religious than Christmas and Easter.
That would be really interesting!
I knew about Halloween and the
Dia de Muertos,and Catholics
celebrate All Souls' Day ...I
Will look into it....

I really was asking "Huh" because
he says he has 4 kids and I was
wondering if they get to have fun!
carpenter

San Pablo, CA

#220433 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever.
Be the same

Azusa, CA

#220434 Oct 7, 2013
The pretty from Lawndale, Ca. is pretty close to Josh Betta's city of Bell, Ca.?

He might be the one in the same?

Sacramento, CA

#220435 Oct 7, 2013
A medical test being developed by Kuwait will be used to 'detect' homosexuals and prevent them from entering the country – or any of the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC), according to a Kuwaiti government official.

GCC member countries – Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates – already deem homosexual acts unlawful.

This controversial stance is being toughened, with members of the LGBT community stopped at the border and banned from entering the country, according to Yousouf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry.

It’s illegal to be gay in 78 countries, with lesbianism banned in 49. Five countries mete out the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.

But yet idiots like Duh and the atheist from Methdesto spend time after time posting hate and blame towards Christians living here in a country where gay is legal. They support Obama who supports and gives money to some of these countries.
Flounders

Azusa, CA

#220436 Oct 7, 2013
Flounders always make a mess out of anything they touch, like a voting process and procedure's.

So goes the fools calling themselves, GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's.

Long Beach, CA

#220437 Oct 7, 2013
curious wrote:
In all due respect;
If a man's anus doesn't come with a clitoris, how does a gay man, at the receiving role, find pleasure in sexual intercourse?
The prostate is easily stimulated from inside. You can learn more either via Google or an old stand-by book "The Joy of Gay Sex". It might be informative if you are curious and have questions.

“I'm Batman. ”

Since: Aug 07

I'm the Chris Jericho of Topix

#220438 Oct 7, 2013
I agree that this is the correct step, however I also feel it is ridiculous to allow people to vote for something and then completely ignore it. The people should have more of a voice than a government. People want to be bigots and vote against homosexual marriage, so be it. The people don't want homosexual marriage, that's the way it should be until more people stop being bigots. Too bad, it's a democracy. So even though I support same sex marriage, it's complete crap that the people aren't being listened to.

Long Beach, CA

#220439 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I find protecting marriage, families and children, and speaking against abusive sexual behavior a legitimate and righteous cause.
You do realize that posting on Topix accomplishes none of those goals, correct?

Long Beach, CA

#220441 Oct 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably a pimple faced twenty something year old living in his grandmother's basement. Empty bags of cheetos, and empty soda cans on the floor.
Cheetos and soda are highly processed, empty calories that are devoid of any nutritional value and should be avoided at all cost. Please consider lean protein sources, limited quantities of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats such as nuts and olive oil, and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for good health!
Guess is more

Azusa, CA

#220442 Oct 7, 2013
Guess is more like it.

Location hidden

#220443 Oct 7, 2013
what about those DODGERS??.....

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#220447 Oct 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NJB)
22 ‘Yahweh created me, first-fruits of his fashioning, before the oldest of his works.
23 From everlasting, I was firmly set, from the beginning, before the earth came into being.
24 The deep was not, when I was born, nor were the springs with their abounding waters.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I came to birth;
26 before he had made the earth, the countryside, and the first elements of the world.
27 When he fixed the heavens firm, I was there, when he drew a circle on the surface of the deep,
28 when he thickened the clouds above, when the sources of the deep began to swell,
29 when he assigned the sea its boundaries —and the waters will not encroach on the shore— when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside the master craftsman, delighting him day after day, ever at play in his presence,
31 at play everywhere on his earth, delighting to be with the children of men.
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy words right from the Nazi cult handbook...The book of hate bigotry and violence...
Evolution is how this came to be...Not some flying space jew or spaghetti monster or Zues or whatever BS....MAN GROW UP IT IS 2013...WE NOW KNOW HOW THINGS WORK DONT NEED GODS ANYMORE.,
Where does one thought in this passage eliminate evolution?

How can you judge things of faith, when the ability to deal with facts evades you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Wed yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Tue Silver Blade 4
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Dec 23 Best Yet 32
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Dec 21 One way or another 5
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... Dec 20 Are you serious 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE