Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Testing

Salem, OR

#220104 Oct 6, 2013
Just a toss up
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220105 Oct 6, 2013
Ban GOP wrote:
Republicans need to stop hurting our country because they are in a bizarre state of denial over the Affordable Care Act, also know as Obamacare. As they stamp their feet and rant, millions of Americans have started the process of finally obtaining health insurance -- but the government is in a massive shutdown.
Neither of the two parties knows much about anything, they both suck and are bad for this country. Obammy and his brown nosers don't know any more about the plan than any one else and they wrote it. Have you seen the application? they have designated deferent levels of coverage, it's not a blanket affordable plan for America as they sold it to be, even the poor, who this plan was custome made for will have to qualify. Why do you think the politicians themselves wont use this plan, because it has too many qualifing demands and they want to continue see the doctors of their choice. So in this case the Demos will be holding Americans as hostage once again the Republicans are only trying to prevent that in this case.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#220106 Oct 6, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of the two parties knows much about anything, they both suck and are bad for this country. Obammy and his brown nosers don't know any more about the plan than any one else and they wrote it. Have you seen the application? they have designated deferent levels of coverage, it's not a blanket affordable plan for America as they sold it to be, even the poor, who this plan was custome made for will have to qualify. Why do you think the politicians themselves wont use this plan, because it has too many qualifing demands and they want to continue see the doctors of their choice. So in this case the Demos will be holding Americans as hostage once again the Republicans are only trying to prevent that in this case.
REad the opinion piece in the Wall STreet Journal this weekend on the default situation.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220107 Oct 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you deliberately try to invert the simple facts?
Yes, a religion gets to determine for itself who qualifies to use that religion as a basis for any religious ritual. But your church does NOT get to define any of that for my church, and vice versa.
Beyond that, people DO NOT get to vote away the civil rights of others.
And no, the civil right to marry is based on two people forming a union that involves numerous rights and privilages that are not available in other manner. The gender of those people is of no concern of yours.
<quoted text>
If the courts attempt to take away any person's or group's civil rights, there must be a COMPELLING state intrest in so doing. Compelling as in - others will be injured in some demonstable manner. If the courts operate in any other manner, they are guilty of judicial malfesiance.
Quit picking on the constitution. I works for evryone even you gay people, if you are a human you have the same damn rights so please STFU your cult has created enough problems and fighting among us ... lets not upset the apple cart. what part of the Const. says you can't marry I've got to know? that is what you are crying about right?
Cluck Nuggets

Azusa, CA

#220109 Oct 6, 2013
Chicken Mac Nuggets contain: about half muscle, with the rest a mix of fat, blood vessels and nerves.

Close inspection revealed cells that line the skin and internal organs of the bird.

Everything else from a chicken but the cluck.

They are NOW off the food choice list!
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220110 Oct 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor point, but I am straight...
Major point, the Constitution REQUIRES that ALL people have equal access to the laws of the land. Since marriage is part of that body of laws, gays must have the right to marry just like straights do - and that includes the person of their choice.
Ok fine. Marry the person of their choice in this case means of any origin, ethnisity, color, or race. Gays have that right too. I think what the cult really wants is to do is make an amendment to the constiution to add the words SS. In that case the American people should have the right to VOTE on such an amendment, put it to the CITIZENS of this nation. Would you agree to that? let the chip fall as they may done deal no more crying
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220111 Oct 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you the same.
<quoted text>
Did you actually read what I wrote AND understand it?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's so clever....did you think that up yourself?
<quoted text>
It is to the state if those people choose to legally marry, and to the people who voted on what definition of legal marriage should either be maintained, or replaced.
<quoted text>
Helllllooooooo.....McFly...no civil right was taken away. The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid on all fifty states, is available to ALL MEN AND WOMEN.
The only way to end this arguement is to add into the constitution "and SS people".
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220112 Oct 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
REad the opinion piece in the Wall STreet Journal this weekend on the default situation.
by Niall Ferguson? I did ..
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#220113 Oct 6, 2013
the united states constitution works for all american citizens in this nation. God bless America

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#220114 Oct 6, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
by Niall Ferguson? I did ..
Thoughts?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#220115 Oct 6, 2013
Sunday morning why are there so many so called Christians here...Don't they have there Nazi hate service on sunday morning?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#220116 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
Sunday morning why are there so many so called Christians here...Don't they have there Nazi hate service on sunday morning?
You are ignorant and stupid.
You are obsessed with Nazi's!
Too much "Hogan's Hero's"?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#220117 Oct 6, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant and stupid.
You are obsessed with Nazi's!
Too much "Hogan's Hero's"?
Christians act like Nazi fascist so just call them what they act like.

I am 1000 times more educated and more intelligent then you inbred toothless hate filled racist bigoted buybull thumpers..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#220118 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians act like Nazi fascist so just call them what they act like.
I am 1000 times more educated and more intelligent then you inbred toothless hate filled racist bigoted buybull thumpers..
1000 times? WOW! That's smart!

But if you're so smart why can't you spell "bible"? Are you fibbing again?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#220119 Oct 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
1000 times? WOW! That's smart!
But if you're so smart why can't you spell "bible"? Are you fibbing again?
Bible=buybull

You see anyone who thinks the bible is real word of some god is BUYING BULL....

Only idiots and weak minded people believe in any god.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#220120 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
When is the Commie hate service that you attend?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#220121 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible=buybull
It takes the same amount of faith to be sure God doesn't exist as it does to be sure God does exist. You are very faithful. Me, not so much.

I understand the cutesy play on the word "bible". It's dumb and childish.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#220122 Oct 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Commies are as evil as you Nazi pigs...THE USA NEEDS TO RID ITSELF OF THE COMMIE FAR LEFT AND NAZI FAR RIGHT...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#220123 Oct 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
High five!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#220124 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible=buybull
Its ta biblia.
No laddie....ye got it all wrong. Buying bull is what one does at a livestock auction. Are ye upset because ye mum never bought ye that pet goat to play with ye?
Only idiots and fools say there is no God.....probably upset with him for making them that angry.....or ugly even a goat wouldn't play with 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belmont Cops Racist 14 hr justice4all 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 17 hr Calvin James 14
Rouse Properties Executes Three H&M Leases at K... Tue kev 1
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Ditto 93
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) Nov 8 jeff6 281

Flood Warning for Santa Clara County was issued at November 26 at 12:43PM PST

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating