Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
188,381 - 188,400 of 200,566 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's look at it this way... Homosexuals are raising a lot of children. The figures range from 6 million to 14 million children being raised by gay people.
The vast majority of these children come from the foster care system or through other adoption programs. LGBT parents are put through a thorough screening--very likely a more thorough screening than heterosexual parent.
And as is the case with any adopted child, these children are truly wanted by the person or people adopting them.
So, I think that it's safe to assume that children who are raised by same-sex parents or a gay parent has about the same chance of having a good childhood and will be as successful in life as any other child.
Now, Kimare is going to throw a study in here that indicates lesbian parents are the worst parents a child can have. But what he will fail to mention is that the children of LGBT couples can have outcomes as adults that have nothing to do with the skills or gender makeup of their parents.
For example, if a child is taken from a broken home and spends years in a foster home before being adopted, this will have an impact on their behaviors. No matter how good a parent's skills, a child's background prior to adoption can and does have a lifelong impact.
But Kimare's study doesn't take this into account. And he also won't tell you that the study he likes to utilize against same-sex parents was funded by a conservative think-tank. And it was timed to be released before the Supreme Court heard arguments and made their decision on same-sex marriage.
The bottom line is that gay parents have the same skills to raise kids as straight parents. They do the best they can do to raise a child to independence and maturity.
If there were significant problems with kids raised by LGBT parents, then courts and social service agencies would have stopped the practice long ago. And we would see widespread problems that could be directly linked to same-sex parents. There would be multiple studies indicating that gay parents do not possess the skills needed to raise children. These studies do not exist.
Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.
1. Read the first sentence from Dan's first site listed;

http://www.aamft.org/imis15/content/consumer_...

Now equate that to your numbers.

2. I have posted studies of lesbian families and the rare instance where there methods are posted. I have also posted a study of those studies that expose the unscientific methods and deception used. That in addition to the fact that the studies are conducted by biased sources. The same criticism you level against Regnerus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan posted several links that showed gays are good parents. Considering that homosexuals have to adopt, they must really want and be ready for a child before doing so. Conversely, we have straight couples that accidentally get children. In such a case, homosexuals will probably raise the better child. QED. Good stuff, guys.
Good point.

That should make a statistical study of all types of default families with birth families slanted in favor of ss couples, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's one element, one connection that can only be provided by one's own mother and father, biological, all other factors being equal. We are all products of a man and a woman.
And hence the point that King Solomon honed in on in I Kings 3, deciding between the real mother of a child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh the adage that blood is thicker than water.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

'Or'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I had trouble searching for it too... I'm sure he won't mind me providing the address of his public blog. http://watchmann.blogspot.com/
It is in keeping with your moral code...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on.
I had some ugly things I partook in my past. Purposely searched out gay bars to beat up gays in my early 20's back in 1982 -'84. Howled at Sam Kineson's gay jokes. Etc. Looking back all I see is a waste of time and I did get a chance to hear that same joke track 2 years ago only to think the jokes on homosexuals fell flat.
I don't interact with gays albeit I know a few. Nowadays I really don't discern the difference or care to. I give a shit less is John is holding Ted's hand at Sunday morning's farmers market and the like.
I wish you could convey to these gay bashers and those seriously opposed to gays marrying what a complete waste of time and effort it is. Crap....saving the endangered Mongolian earthworm holds more value than getting all twisted about someone elses personal life because they happen to be gay.
That's funny. My best friend all through elementary school and high school is gay. I've lived around them all my life. Just had a lesbian co-worker tell my wife she'd marry me.

Go figure...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
You're putting words into my mouth. It does not affect me, therefore, I am not partaking in ridiculous debates against it. Live and let live.
Honestly, if siblings want to marry, so be it. It happens anyways. It is illegal, however, because of the clear health problems that can be passed down to the child through incestuous intercourse. There are no such threats in gay marriage.
I feel you are arguing from this conservative, "the sacred definition of marriage" bullshit that is getting old. Times change--get over it.
I 'feel'?

He brings up the logical sequence of dumbing down the definition of marriage to 'two committed people'.

That opens up,'any two?' And 'why just two'?

Where did religion show up in his comment???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. What they do in the bedroom is their business. Wouldn't it make the active haters gay for being so interested in gay peoples affairs? Gayception?
I was born in 88, so by the time I was in high school, gays were somewhat accepted. At least in southern california where I grew up. I mean, we used to make fun of them a lot, but quickly died out by college.
You cannot equate ss couple to marriage without equating the most intimate physical act.

Homosexuals are not 'in their bedrooms' with their demands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question indirectly: I don't care. Polygamy is illegal, yet Mormons do it. Legal or not, lines drawn or not, it will get crossed by those who seriously believe in it. As I fear your comprehension may be low, I will reiterate- I DON'T CARE. Answering the same question semantically altered is getting tiring. Let me phrase it bluntly, screw your ancient definition of marriage.
I care about more than just gays.

Why do you discriminate?

And why the disdain for historical cross cultural practices? Is that all encompassing???
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
You're putting words into my mouth. It does not affect me, therefore, I am not partaking in ridiculous debates against it. Live and let live.
Honestly, if siblings want to marry, so be it. It happens anyways. It is illegal, however, because of the clear health problems that can be passed down to the child through incestuous intercourse. There are no such threats in gay marriage.
I feel you are arguing from this conservative, "the sacred definition of marriage" bullshit that is getting old. Times change--get over it.
Good because you can ONLY get HIV/AIDS when you stick your pipe into the mud hole, very unsanitary, go figure!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I call you on a lie, and you ignore it and spew another lie.
I didn't misuse scripture as you asserted, I quoted a passage about the end times. And I postulated about how such a unnatural event could occur in the context of our culture.
When we barbarically mangle marriage and motherhood at the expense of children, and now seek to diminish and downgrade the bonds between mother and father and child so ss couples can 'equate', is it not logical that children will respond at the diminished level society sets? And that an assault on that most basic relationship will affect every single other relationship???
As I have stated from the beginning. You cannot make a fundamental change in a natural relationship without monumental impacts. Your claim that there are no negative is simply a diabolical lie.
Yeah, right... Except that if there were such problems with children of gay parents, you would expect that thee would be clear examples on a large scale indicating such. As I posted, there are between 6,000,000 and 14,000,000 children being raised by same-sex or gay couples or parents. And to my knowledge none of these children have risen up and murdered their parents--"a logical response", as you called it.

Your posts on this issue is nothing more than printed flatulence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right... Except that if there were such problems with children of gay parents, you would expect that thee would be clear examples on a large scale indicating such. As I posted, there are between 6,000,000 and 14,000,000 children being raised by same-sex or gay couples or parents. And to my knowledge none of these children have risen up and murdered their parents--"a logical response", as you called it.
Still shifting.

I didn't limit it to ss couples with children.

Your numbers are a ridiculous lie.

The demise of family is well documented.
Grandpa

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright...please spell out these "extra rights" gays supposedly have.
Homosexuals are exempt from military conscription.
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Still shifting.
The demise of family began long before gay marriage! Straight people caused the demise of family and you know that.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
The demise of family began long before gay marriage! Straight people caused the demise of family and you know that.
Greed caused it...Use to be a man could work 40 hours and support a family real well. Today both man and women have to work 40-50-60 hours and barely get by..THAT RIPS FAMILIES APART.

Blame the greedy rich...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Still shifting.
You are quite wrong, families today are families that actively want to be together, that work on their marriages with the knowledge that breaking a family up is not a difficult thing to do.

People actively work on their relationships, they donít depend on law or some fairy tale belief system to keep them together.

You are looking at the wrong statistics.

I understand that as someone that wants to censor marriages this is difficult for you to understand, but it is true all the same.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are exempt from military conscription.
As there has been no military conscription for some time now, I seriously doubt what you are saying is true. If there were a draft today, I doubt they would be exempt.

Right now we are all exempt, as there is no conscription

That was then, this is now, welcome to..... today

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does this number come from?
Flounders

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

The flounders did it in the pool again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••