Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
188,121 - 188,140 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But YOUR enemies of freedom are welcomed....gotcha!
Huh's thought process is priceless, huh?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Point is there is nothing wrong with same sex people...
I agree. I am a same sex person and there is nothing wrong with me. My girlfriend is a same sex person too and there is nothing wrong with her (if you know what I mean!). You are right.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, moron, we study animals to understand human behavior--not to justify it. Where do you come up with this shit? Oh, I forgot... You like to make up your own "facts" as you go along.
Bottom line (and I know just how much you like bottoms), scientists study the behavior of animals in order to help understand human behavior.
Sometimes I wonder about the college you went to. Did you actually go to college? Or are you one of those "ministers" who got his degree from the back of a comic book?
Bottom line , scientists study the behavior of animals in order to help understand human behavior.

Animal studies is a recently recognized field in which animals are studied in a variety of cross-disciplinary ways. Scholars who engage in animal studies may be formally trained in a number of diverse fields, including art history, anthropology, biology, film studies, geography, history, psychology, literary studies, museology, philosophy, and sociology. They may engage with questions about literal animals, or about notions of "animality" or "brutality," employing various theoretical perspectives, including feminism, marxist theory, and queer theory. Using these perspectives, those who engage in animal studies seek to understand both human-animal relations now and in the past, and to understand animals as beings-in-themselves, separate from our knowledge of them. Because the field is still developing, scholars and others have some freedom to define their own criteria about what issues may structure for the field.

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Another Activist Judge going against the will of the people and the majority making law from the bench rather then enforcing it. Denying the citizens that voted for the law their rights to please a few activists factions
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
What a troll.
You certainly are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. I responded to it. I then justly stomped the everlovinfuck out of your comment...
Danth's Law.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind animals, like your mother, are lower life forms with in turn lower intelligence levels and therefore cannot be used in direct comparison to human thought patterns and behavioral situations.
By the way...you claim that by implementing hate crime status to those who engage in crimes based on disdain of others for either race or sexual preference in turn allows for the victims of those crimes to gain "additional rights" is bullshit in tghat it does not give anyone "additional protection" in that crimes against anyone involving harm are considered illegal moron.
Your fanciful efforts to demean the homosexual population paints you the fool and an ignorant jerkoff.
Just an FYI punk.
I see your location is hidden and for good reason, as only a coward would speak as such.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>I see your location is hidden and for good reason, as only a coward would speak as such.
Yeah. What Grandpa said.

~waving fingers behind ears @ Don Sclio~

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Historian H.R. Knickerbocker writes, "Roehm, as the head of 2,500,000 Storm Troops, had surrounded himself with a staff of perverts. His chiefs were almost without exception homosexuals. Indeed, unless a Storm Troop officer were homosexual, he had no chance of advancement."
Most of Hitler's closest aides were homosexuals or sexual deviants. This circle included not only Roehm but the Hitler Youth leader, the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Economics, Hermann Goering (who may not have been homosexual but who liked to dress in drag, paint his nails and put rouge on his cheeks), his personal attorney and his bodyguards. Hitler himself likely functioned as a male prostitute in the days of his youth in Vienna.
And now for the other side of this question! And this we now know as the absolute truth,and isn't some conjecture embellished by some anti-gay author! The fact is it wasn't as extensive as you or the author stated!
Pink Triangles and WW2 which is again like most of your posts off topic,so excuse me for that!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_triangle
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Used toilet paper has more value than your troll based posts loser.
Hide behind your keyboard, coward.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
And is your name "Grandpa" ya hypocritical pussy?
LOL!!!
I'm in Sacramento you stupid jerk. Means little where we post from.
Funny...but the anonymous internet draws balless fucks like you out like moths to a 500 watt lightbulb in the dark of the night.
While in the anonymous internet you can spew your disdain of gays like the KKK spits out venom against blacks without having to face the fire of reality and getting laughed at as you would in public or in a face to face meeting.
Don't talk shit asshat. Myself I'd love to see if you had the huevos to talk shit like you do in here in an open air forum. I'm keeping $1,290.11 in the bank as a bet your balls would shrivel to the size of SunMaid raisins should you have to speak in public as you do in here.
Get lost yhou worthless prick.
I bet you hid behind your mommies apron as you called all the other children names as a child.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
And is your name "Grandpa" ya hypocritical pussy?
LOL!!!
I'm in Sacramento you stupid jerk. Means little where we post from.
Funny...but the anonymous internet draws balless fucks like you out like moths to a 500 watt lightbulb in the dark of the night.
While in the anonymous internet you can spew your disdain of gays like the KKK spits out venom against blacks without having to face the fire of reality and getting laughed at as you would in public or in a face to face meeting.
Don't talk shit asshat. Myself I'd love to see if you had the huevos to talk shit like you do in here in an open air forum. I'm keeping $1,290.11 in the bank as a bet your balls would shrivel to the size of SunMaid raisins should you have to speak in public as you do in here.
Get lost yhou worthless prick.
Uh-oh! Home Depot parking lot time?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Used toilet paper has more value than your troll based posts loser.
Backatcha.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you hid behind your mommies apron as you called all the other children names as a child.
Yeah. What Grandpa said.

~waving fingers behind ears @ Don Sclio~

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

FACT: Gay marriages now exist and are legal in California, whether or not you like it. Gay marriage is real and will not go away no matter how many troll-posts you make on Topix. Deal with it and move on with your own life. Have a most excellent day!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

-Bill Of Rights- wrote:
<quoted text>
And now for the other side of this question! And this we now know as the absolute truth,and isn't some conjecture embellished by some anti-gay author! The fact is it wasn't as extensive as you or the author stated!
Pink Triangles and WW2 which is again like most of your posts off topic,so excuse me for that!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_triangle
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
I like your posts. They're a HELL of a lot better and more direct than my pissy comments....LOL!!!
The beauty of it is the gay marriage struggle has already been won. Similar to World War II right before Hiroshima. The remaining roadblocks have yet to be removed to allow gay marriage nationwide for sure but realistically given as many states that have agreed to allow gays to marry the logic of it will prevail that if we're to let certain areas of our great country allow a grouping of American citizens a full set of rights, including marriage, then why not all given our country entire is covered under the values set forth by the Constitution.
Are you gonna have a party then to celebrate!? Very excited for you!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
On a more serious note - let it go.
You don't have to like gays. I myself got into these silly threads because of my backing of Proposition 8 until I gave it some thought and realized what others do in terms of choosing a life partner is none of my business.
Hell you crinkly old bastard...I'm not comfortable about gays marrying either oddly enough but logic rules here and logic tells me if we can ban homosexuals from marrying who's to say they shouldn't be allowed to ban me from marrying as well given as ugly as I am and for fear my offspring would bring more horror to surrounding neighborhoods than Godzilla on the loose in TOKYO!!
LOL!!!
Give it a rest and save yourself from a stroke. Find a cause worth bitching for because opposing gays from marrying aint it brother.
Cool story.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times!

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass!
Trying to bridle my free speech flunky? Nah,how about you STFU and mind your own business,lets here some more off topic and unintelligent blabber!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 58 min Reality Check 15,918
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) 2 hr wellsteve 57
Complaints Against Google+ 7 hr Jerk at the Top 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr roaster 7,846
Get Paid for Posts? Social Networking's New Twist Thu N8 the Grrr8 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Jul 23 Orange Sauce 127
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE