Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,941 - 187,960 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at THIS!!;
http://cowboyfrank.net/archive/hanky.htm
---So I gotta ask. Do you have any yellow hankies????
LOL!!!
If you do....don't come meandering MY way cowboy.
It would take you a God damned year to memorize this bullshit. Hellova advertising tool though...albeit I find it hard to believe this is widely practiced anymore than wife swapping happens between heterosexuals.
"I have lived in San Francisco, California all my life and have been involved in BDSM since 1973 and I have seen people wearing every single one of the colors on the first 3/4 of the original list over the past 29 years. I have been to every Folsom Street Fair since the first one in 1984 and people have continued to wear them there. People still wear the colors today on the annual leather march from The Castro to Folsom Street one week before the Folsom Street Fair. As sources, besides the websites, there is also a printed reliable source, the recent 2009 book Leatherboy Handbook by Vincent L. Andrews Las Vegas:2009 Nazca Plains, Corp., that mentions 41 colors congruent with the list."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Handkerchie...
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

get a clue wrote:
Where in the Constitution does it say queers have any more rights than normal people ? What's next the "right" to marry your goat or your sibling(s)? Please stay in CA with the rest of fruitcakes.
Well asstoll, It doesn't. I also doesn't say you have the right to deny my rights to pursue my happiness or that you get preferred status as a c(_)ntlicker..Now go fk that goat your fantasizing about and get off mommy's computer.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
And exactly where are these unisex bathrooms being put into public schools.
Fantasyland??
No, Portland Oregon for starters, soon in a school near you. PORTLAND, OR (KPTV)-

Portland's biggest high school has become the first in the city to install unisex bathrooms for transgender students.

There are now four single-stall bathrooms for students, along with two for staff members, open to everyone, regardless of gender or sexual orientation at Grant High School.

A Portland Public Schools spokesman confirmed the new unisex bathrooms, after a story about them first appeared in Grant Magazine, a publication produced by students in a college-level class at the high school.

The magazine reported there are 10 students at Grant who openly identify as transgender.

One student, a senior girl who has identified as being a boy for years, said he would not drink any liquids for nine hours to avoid using the bathroom at school.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
You've lived in Saaaan Francisco all your life but are posting from Chico. OK.
I myself have lived in a lot of places, not just one, and as to date I'm not as STUPID as you to identify an entire grouping of people with a specific action a few take.
Now MORON....given you';re heterosexual do you dress the little woman up in black crotchless rubber outfits with quarter sized holes so her firm nipples can poke out while you piss at her feet and beg for your "mistress" to slap you silly with her whip while you stand naked and shivering??
LOL!!!
There's a bunch of fruitcake straights that do that shit and worse yet I won't be as DUMB as to claim most heterosexuals get it on in such a fashion yet you're so GOD DAMNED stupid you're all too ready to claim gays are parading around with multicolored hankerchiefs and waving them like cheerleaders bounce pom-poms in the air advertising for "rim jobs" and getting their dicks sucked dry depending if the stick them in their right pocket or left...LOL!!!
You're a putz.
"I'm not as STUPID as you to identify an entire grouping of people with a specific action a few take.
Now MORON....given you';re heterosexual do you dress the little woman up in black crotchless rubber..."

Priceless. Yes, you are obviously that stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No, Portland Oregon for starters, soon in a school near you. PORTLAND, OR (KPTV)-
Portland's biggest high school has become the first in the city to install unisex bathrooms for transgender students.
There are now four single-stall bathrooms for students, along with two for staff members, open to everyone, regardless of gender or sexual orientation at Grant High School.
A Portland Public Schools spokesman confirmed the new unisex bathrooms, after a story about them first appeared in Grant Magazine, a publication produced by students in a college-level class at the high school.
The magazine reported there are 10 students at Grant who openly identify as transgender.
One student, a senior girl who has identified as being a boy for years, said he would not drink any liquids for nine hours to avoid using the bathroom at school.
Dan doesn't watch the news, Sponge Bob is on.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. BULLSHIT.
You don't even have a God damned source for your pack of lies you dolt.
Might as well advise us Martians invented treadmills to keep humans lean so when they took a few to eat on occasion they wouldn't have to deal with marbled meat.
You're a fabricating IDIOT.
Sorry to inform you dan the BullShitmouthidot, war of the worlds wasn't real. There is no life on Mars. In findings that are as scientifically significant as they are crushing to the popular imagination, NASA reported Thursday that its Mars rover, Curiosity, has deflated hopes that life could be thriving on Mars today. The conclusion, published in the journal Science, comes from the fact that Curiosity has been looking for methane, a gas that is considered a possible calling card of microbes, and has so far found none of it. While the absence of methane does not rule out the possibility of present-day life on Mars there are plenty of microbes, on Earth at least, that do not produce methane it does return the idea to the realm of pure speculation without any hopeful data to back it up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself have lived in a lot of places, not just one, and as to date I'm not as STUPID as you to identify an entire grouping of people with a specific action a few take.
Now MORON....given you';re heterosexual do you dress the little woman up in black crotchless rubber outfits with quarter sized holes so her firm nipples can poke out while you piss at her feet and beg for your "mistress" to slap you silly with her whip while you stand naked and shivering??
LOL!!!
There's a bunch of fruitcake straights that do that shit and worse yet I won't be as DUMB as to claim most heterosexuals get it on in such a fashion yet you're so GOD DAMNED stupid you're all too ready to claim gays are parading around with multicolored hankerchiefs and waving them like cheerleaders bounce pom-poms in the air advertising for "rim jobs" and getting their dicks sucked dry depending if the stick them in their right pocket or left...LOL!!!
You're a putz.
Calm down fruitloops. Relax.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your meds....he's posting from Chico, CA. Not OK. you baffling mouth of BS.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No, Portland Oregon for starters, soon in a school near you. PORTLAND, OR (KPTV)-
Good it's about time something progressive happens in Portland.
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

The buck stops here:
Except the bucks are old geezers with
Sex on their brains, but no doe would
Ever want a know it all like some of you
Weirdos .

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
"What a bunch of improvised BULLSHIT."
The wearing of various colored bandanas around the neck was common in the mid- and late-nineteenth century among cowboys, steam railroad engineers, and miners in the Western United States. It is thought that the wearing of bandanas by gay men originated in San Francisco after the Gold Rush, when, because of a shortage of women, men dancing with each other in square dances developed a code wherein the man wearing the blue bandana took the male part in the square dance, and the man wearing the red bandana took the female part (these bandanas were usually worn around the arm or hanging from the belt or in the back pocket of one's jeans). It is thought that the modern hanky code started in New York City late 1970 or early 1971 when a journalist for the Village Voice joked that instead of simply wearing keys to indicate whether someone was a "top" or a "bottom", it would be more efficient to subtly announce their particular sexual focus by wearing different colored hankies.
So what's your point? Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Good it's about time something progressive happens in Portland.
LOL...there goes our education money.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A stroturfing
Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message (e.g. political, advertising, or public relations) to give the appearance of it coming from a disinterested, grassroots participant. Astroturfing is intended to give the statements the credibility of an independent entity by withholding information about the source's financial connection. The term astroturfing is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.
On the Internet, astroturfers use software to mask their identity. Sometimes one individual operates over many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client's agenda. Some studies suggest astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action.
So please list all the identities you have used on Topix. How many are there? 5? 10? more?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out of your mind?!!!! there is nothing good about raising kids in a homosexual household. As far as benefits it will take a complete overhall to bring all paper work and documents up to the latest laws for homos. I think the gay cult should pay for the new forms.
There is nothing good about many of the "heterosexual" households either. There are so many dysfunctional hetero marriages, broken families, abusive relationships, single parent households, incest/rape, and divorces. It is appalling what it does to the children.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, it's not my morality, it is classic morality, common across many cultures
Second, it is reality and it does involve suppression. Most things in life do. That's a part of reality. Often, it's a crappy deal too. Everyone has to deal with it.
Third, my main focus on here is the reality that ss couples do not equate to marriage. It annoys the hell out of people in denial, because I accurately push simple reality in their face.
Four, I deny no one a loving relationship. I dare to expose an attempt to impose a counterfeit relationship on marriage.
Fifth, anal sex is not normal or healthy.
Sixth,'steal children'?'Forcibly teach'?'A false religion'? You're losing it mikey.
FINALLY, I've never said sexuality is a choice.
Just curious. Are you a blonde lesbian, or a really effeminate guy?
No, your main focus on here is to troll and stir up drama. Own it, c*nt.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
...nobody would have ever guessed I was a foul mouthed mean spirited gay basher in my past life as I move forward being the courteous and respectful individual I find myself now ....
troll.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>So what's your point? Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture.
Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture except on this forum as it's existence was challenged. They then asked for references which I tried to provide.
This is a portion of the latest reference;
"I have lived in San Francisco, California all my life and have been involved in BDSM since 1973 and I have seen people wearing every single one of the colors on the first 3/4 of the original list over the past 29 years. I have been to everyFolsom Street Fair since the first one in 1984 and people have continued to wear them there. People still wear the colors today on the annual leather march from The Castro to Folsom Street one week before the Folsom Street Fair. As sources, besides the websites, there is also a printed reliable source, the recent 2009 book Leatherboy Handbook by Vincent L. Andrews Las Vegas:2009 Nazca Plains, Corp., that mentions 41 colors congruent with the list."
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You're a putz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanky_code

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture except on this forum as it's existence was challenged. They then asked for references which I tried to provide.
This is a portion of the latest reference;
"I have lived in San Francisco, California all my life and have been involved in BDSM since 1973 and I have seen people wearing every single one of the colors on the first 3/4 of the original list over the past 29 years. I have been to everyFolsom Street Fair since the first one in 1984 and people have continued to wear them there. People still wear the colors today on the annual leather march from The Castro to Folsom Street one week before the Folsom Street Fair. As sources, besides the websites, there is also a printed reliable source, the recent 2009 book Leatherboy Handbook by Vincent L. Andrews Las Vegas:2009 Nazca Plains, Corp., that mentions 41 colors congruent with the list."
Just shutup troll.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did...but then again gays aren't looking for "more" rights than heterosexuals. Just the same rights.
Which they already have, thanks for trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE