Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#217316 Sep 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No, Portland Oregon for starters, soon in a school near you. PORTLAND, OR (KPTV)-
Portland's biggest high school has become the first in the city to install unisex bathrooms for transgender students.
There are now four single-stall bathrooms for students, along with two for staff members, open to everyone, regardless of gender or sexual orientation at Grant High School.
A Portland Public Schools spokesman confirmed the new unisex bathrooms, after a story about them first appeared in Grant Magazine, a publication produced by students in a college-level class at the high school.
The magazine reported there are 10 students at Grant who openly identify as transgender.
One student, a senior girl who has identified as being a boy for years, said he would not drink any liquids for nine hours to avoid using the bathroom at school.
Good it's about time something progressive happens in Portland.
Melanie

Idyllwild, CA

#217317 Sep 20, 2013
The buck stops here:
Except the bucks are old geezers with
Sex on their brains, but no doe would
Ever want a know it all like some of you
Weirdos .

Long Beach, CA

#217318 Sep 20, 2013
Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
"What a bunch of improvised BULLSHIT."
The wearing of various colored bandanas around the neck was common in the mid- and late-nineteenth century among cowboys, steam railroad engineers, and miners in the Western United States. It is thought that the wearing of bandanas by gay men originated in San Francisco after the Gold Rush, when, because of a shortage of women, men dancing with each other in square dances developed a code wherein the man wearing the blue bandana took the male part in the square dance, and the man wearing the red bandana took the female part (these bandanas were usually worn around the arm or hanging from the belt or in the back pocket of one's jeans). It is thought that the modern hanky code started in New York City late 1970 or early 1971 when a journalist for the Village Voice joked that instead of simply wearing keys to indicate whether someone was a "top" or a "bottom", it would be more efficient to subtly announce their particular sexual focus by wearing different colored hankies.
So what's your point? Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#217319 Sep 20, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Good it's about time something progressive happens in Portland.
LOL...there goes our education money.

Long Beach, CA

#217320 Sep 20, 2013
laughing man wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A stroturfing
Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message (e.g. political, advertising, or public relations) to give the appearance of it coming from a disinterested, grassroots participant. Astroturfing is intended to give the statements the credibility of an independent entity by withholding information about the source's financial connection. The term astroturfing is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.
On the Internet, astroturfers use software to mask their identity. Sometimes one individual operates over many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client's agenda. Some studies suggest astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action.
So please list all the identities you have used on Topix. How many are there? 5? 10? more?

Long Beach, CA

#217321 Sep 20, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out of your mind?!!!! there is nothing good about raising kids in a homosexual household. As far as benefits it will take a complete overhall to bring all paper work and documents up to the latest laws for homos. I think the gay cult should pay for the new forms.
There is nothing good about many of the "heterosexual" households either. There are so many dysfunctional hetero marriages, broken families, abusive relationships, single parent households, incest/rape, and divorces. It is appalling what it does to the children.

Long Beach, CA

#217322 Sep 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, it's not my morality, it is classic morality, common across many cultures
Second, it is reality and it does involve suppression. Most things in life do. That's a part of reality. Often, it's a crappy deal too. Everyone has to deal with it.
Third, my main focus on here is the reality that ss couples do not equate to marriage. It annoys the hell out of people in denial, because I accurately push simple reality in their face.
Four, I deny no one a loving relationship. I dare to expose an attempt to impose a counterfeit relationship on marriage.
Fifth, anal sex is not normal or healthy.
Sixth,'steal children'?'Forcibly teach'?'A false religion'? You're losing it mikey.
FINALLY, I've never said sexuality is a choice.
Just curious. Are you a blonde lesbian, or a really effeminate guy?
No, your main focus on here is to troll and stir up drama. Own it, c*nt.

Long Beach, CA

#217323 Sep 20, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
...nobody would have ever guessed I was a foul mouthed mean spirited gay basher in my past life as I move forward being the courteous and respectful individual I find myself now ....
troll.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

#217324 Sep 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>So what's your point? Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture.
Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture except on this forum as it's existence was challenged. They then asked for references which I tried to provide.
This is a portion of the latest reference;
"I have lived in San Francisco, California all my life and have been involved in BDSM since 1973 and I have seen people wearing every single one of the colors on the first 3/4 of the original list over the past 29 years. I have been to everyFolsom Street Fair since the first one in 1984 and people have continued to wear them there. People still wear the colors today on the annual leather march from The Castro to Folsom Street one week before the Folsom Street Fair. As sources, besides the websites, there is also a printed reliable source, the recent 2009 book Leatherboy Handbook by Vincent L. Andrews Las Vegas:2009 Nazca Plains, Corp., that mentions 41 colors congruent with the list."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Handkerchie...
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

#217325 Sep 20, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
You've lived in Saaaan Francisco all your life but are posting from Chico. OK.
I myself have lived in a lot of places, not just one, and as to date I'm not as STUPID as you to identify an entire grouping of people with a specific action a few take.
Now MORON....given you';re heterosexual do you dress the little woman up in black crotchless rubber outfits with quarter sized holes so her firm nipples can poke out while you piss at her feet and beg for your "mistress" to slap you silly with her whip while you stand naked and shivering??
LOL!!!
There's a bunch of fruitcake straights that do that shit and worse yet I won't be as DUMB as to claim most heterosexuals get it on in such a fashion yet you're so GOD DAMNED stupid you're all too ready to claim gays are parading around with multicolored hankerchiefs and waving them like cheerleaders bounce pom-poms in the air advertising for "rim jobs" and getting their dicks sucked dry depending if the stick them in their right pocket or left...LOL!!!
You're a putz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanky_code

Long Beach, CA

#217326 Sep 21, 2013
Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who knows about gay history over the last 40 years or so knows about the "hankie code" and it's place in 1970's gay culture except on this forum as it's existence was challenged. They then asked for references which I tried to provide.
This is a portion of the latest reference;
"I have lived in San Francisco, California all my life and have been involved in BDSM since 1973 and I have seen people wearing every single one of the colors on the first 3/4 of the original list over the past 29 years. I have been to everyFolsom Street Fair since the first one in 1984 and people have continued to wear them there. People still wear the colors today on the annual leather march from The Castro to Folsom Street one week before the Folsom Street Fair. As sources, besides the websites, there is also a printed reliable source, the recent 2009 book Leatherboy Handbook by Vincent L. Andrews Las Vegas:2009 Nazca Plains, Corp., that mentions 41 colors congruent with the list."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Handkerchie...
Just shutup troll.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#217328 Sep 21, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did...but then again gays aren't looking for "more" rights than heterosexuals. Just the same rights.
Which they already have, thanks for trying.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#217329 Sep 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallmark called, they want their soppy sentiment back.
Sorry you vile monster, marriage is a legal contract.
I'm negotiating a contract right now with Hallmark.

Get a slimy lawyer and leave marriage alone.

Location hidden

#217330 Sep 21, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet. Hillbillies from Tennessee are famous for trying to impregnate sheep, cows, goats and the occasional duck.
I'm not from TN, and history shows, when you breach the boundaries of natural moral sex, it quickly becomes a slimy slope. It sounds like that is your experience.

Location hidden

#217331 Sep 21, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First, your comments represent YOUR morality--not the morality of everyone. There is no such thing as "classic morality". It's just another contrived term that you enjoy throwing into the conversation

....PROLIFIC POINTLESS PONTIFICATION...

o. I've got news for you, ass-man, you only make yourself look like a fool. If you take a good look at the comments here on this forum you'll see that the only person who seems to agree with you on this topic is "laughing man" or whatever his incarnation is at this point. Way to aim high.
Sixth, I'll leave this discussion between you and Mikey. I have no idea what it is in reference to.
Finally, as an over-the-hill, former pastor who is currently married to a woman who is for all practical purposes "barren", you are involved in a "mutually sterile, pointlessly opposite gendered half of marriage". Using your own definitions, you have no business remaining married. Based on your own morals and values, you should have constantly monitored your wife to know the exact date that she became unable to safely carry or produce children. At that moment, you should have (using your own, contrived definition) moved on to another woman and raised another family. She and your family no longer needed you. You were relieved of your cross-cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior."
When someone consistently talks sh/t off the top of their head, where is their head?

1. Look this up; Popular Classic Morality Books

2. We not only accept suppression, we demand it. We do not tolerate the suppression of free speech, even though it may have profound impact on idiots.

Moreover, the recent history of government intervention that claimed only good impact, was in marriage and family.

~No fault divorce; at the horrific expense of children's welfare.

~Abortion; at the expense of 40 million lives and counting.

You make the idiotic claim that a fundamental change of marriage once again forced by government will have NO negative impact.

3. By your definition, the term marriage would be meaningless. There are core details that distinguish marriage. Ss couples fail at every single one of them.

Your assertion that I don't annoy you and your fellow liars is laughable.

4. This is funny; In point three you deny I annoy others, and in point four you give me the power to delete the so called love of strangers!

Thanks for the suggestion about my poem, I'm negotiating with Hallmark right now!

5. Uh, you forgot the mass medical community on my side who is futility spending public money to educate brain analized gays about marginally safe sex...

6. Why DID you feel it necessary to come to Mikey's defense?

Finally, a woman who has borne children is not considered barren. Not to mention the distinction between a medical condition and age, vs the absolute destitution and barrenness of ss couples 100% of the time. You only expose your desperate logical destitution with such silly stupid rants.

Never got a call from Hallmark, have you?

Location hidden

#217332 Sep 21, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother...you again.
Listen sunshine.....I could be an effeminate broken wristed pink lace panty wearing 'sheman' wearing sparkly nine inch pumps, fishnet stockings and pasties adorning the tits on my hairy chest which was shaved into the shape of a heart while topping my head with a Marilyn Monroe wig and lathering on no less than THREE solid ounces of royal red lipstick on my puckered lips and STILL know more about how the world works than some lost bitch like you.
LOL!!!!!
And as far as terms...I STILL haven't seen any reference to these "default families" or "unmarriages" you ignorantly spout off about from time to time.
Don't visit Disneyland....as lost and gone as you are you'll be trying to adopt 'Goofy' as a third dog for your home and wondering if they make a trap big enough for Mickey should he get out of line.
Listen honey, we all know you ARE a effeminate broken wristed pink lace panty wearing 'sheman' wearing sparkly nine inch pumps, fishnet stockings and pasties adorning the tits on my hairy chest which was shaved into the shape of a heart while topping my head with a Marilyn Monroe wig and lathering on no less than THREE solid ounces of royal red lipstick on my puckered lips.

But you are still going to have to pay me to educate a idiot like you. There is absolutely NO iota of substance in your posts!

Location hidden

#217333 Sep 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
1.----Whatever your justification it's wrong and cruel, that's why there are educational programs to right this warped 'biblical' out dated sense morality.
2.---- Doesn't mean it's right or that it has to continue. Change all starts with an open mind and compassion.
3.----yes they do, you're just hung up on gender.
3a.---They aren't in denial, you are. There are all different kinds of marriage, some are for convenience, some are for love, some are financial security, some are arranged, some(like in Hollywood) are for publicity and some are for the sole purpose of reproduction. The point is; You need to stop forcing your bigotry, non-acceptance in peopleís faces and calling it reality when it's not, it's judgmentalism and forcible repression.
4.- yes you do.
4a.--- there you go again judging. It's not counterfeit, it very real to the people in them and your just showing your lack of acceptance to anything different than your preconceived notions.
5.---Yes it is, it been documented in over a thousand species, for people, they just need to take precautions, show some tenderness and caring.
6.-- No I'm not; it happens it all the time and itís big money for the Catholic church. Hell it's in the news all the time, in most states where gay adoption is not recognized, they do forcibly remove children. You need to read something other than your catholic propaganda.
FINALLY ---- if that's the case then why all the bigotry and nasty posts day after day? Show some compassion rather than your nasty belittling poems and quips.
Just curious.--actually I'm neither, just a masculine looking guy with not too many effeminate mannerisms, never dressed in drag and donít even go out to gay bars..and BTW I'm not a bitter person, youíve asked that before, I just have zero tolerance for ignorance, self -righteousness, bigotry and the belittlement of others.
'Not too many effeminate mannerisms'?

I'm just saying, your responses have a classic feminine tone.

The lesbian in me swoons, but the straight man just shakes his head...

Location hidden

#217334 Sep 21, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did...but then again gays aren't looking for "more" rights than heterosexuals. Just the same rights.
It's called equality DUMBFUCK. And given they too are citizens they are covered under that document...the Constitution brightboy.
LOL!!!
A child can look at a ss couple and marriage and see the difference.

Donny? Not at all.

Go figure.

Location hidden

#217335 Sep 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>No, your main focus on here is to troll and stir up drama. Own it, c*nt.
See my reply to Mikey.

Smile.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#217336 Sep 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'Not too many effeminate mannerisms'?
I'm just saying, your responses have a classic feminine tone.
The lesbian in me swoons, but the straight man just shakes his head...
Sad..That's all you picked out of that..did you even bother reading it? pearls before swine...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highly curious about being a sub/slave to a mis... 17 hr sayyed95 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Fri Big Red 35
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? Fri alex 3
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 24 yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Dec 23 Silver Blade 4
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance