Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#216956 Sep 17, 2013
Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
2 people of same sex pretending to be like 2 people of the opposite sex is weird to say the least, mocking traditional marriage in the process.
I said: rational. Saying "2 people of same sex pretending to be like 2 people of the opposite sex is weird." isn't rational. It's just stupid. Two people of the same sex won't pretend to be like two people of the opposite sex.
You just parrot other homophobes. Traditional marriage involves a dowry. Probably the longest running tradition there is.
LOLSER.
Grandpa

Chico, CA

#216959 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
Well Grandpa,
gay couples aren't pretending to be anything but rather are fully comfortable in playing the role in which they find themselves. A couple in love and living their lives.
You on the other hand apparently got some late night indigestion due to downing too much Geritol, the BenGay wore off leaving your joints sore, Alzheimer's left what's left of your alcohol ridden brain wondering why we're not in 1937 any longer and you seem to be confused over the fact there is no 'colored' drinking fountains left and the state in which gays can marry.
The role they play, as you say, is that of a heterosexual couple, one top dominate, the other bottom submissive, improvising body parts accordingly
,not that there's anything wrong with that. It's the mocking, in your face attitude that's offensive, not to mention the name calling. I wish you could do your own thing, be creative, don't copy what the hetros do. The marriage thing is fine with me.
Ribbits

Monrovia, CA

#216960 Sep 17, 2013
Stippled and dippled, stfu

Long Beach, CA

#216962 Sep 17, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously there was if you replied!!
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you had a nice day Gustavo!

Long Beach, CA

#216963 Sep 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hateful thing to say.
Like most of the things you say?
FOADR or so it goes

Monrovia, CA

#216964 Sep 17, 2013
Inmates in North Korea's prison camps suffered starvation and torture and described "unspeakable atrocities" comparable with Nazi abuses uncovered after World War II, U.N. investigators.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

#216965 Sep 18, 2013
I think dictionary.com needs to be updated as was the word gay. Dictionary.com defines wife as being a woman, and husband as being a man.
I need a new dictionary and how many peanuts am I to receive ?

Big D

Modesto, CA

#216966 Sep 18, 2013
Grandpa wrote:
I think dictionary.com needs to be updated as was the word gay. Dictionary.com defines wife as being a woman, and husband as being a man.
I need a new dictionary and how many peanuts am I to receive ?
The dictionary changes the meaning of words all the time, all languages evolve all through history

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216967 Sep 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The dictionary changes the meaning of words all the time, all languages evolve all through history
Now I understand.

You are the 'husband' in a lesbian marriage!

You'd be the perfect one to answer this question;

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???

LOL

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#216968 Sep 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I understand.
You are the 'husband' in a lesbian marriage!
You'd be the perfect one to answer this question;
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
LOL
There is no Husband in a marriage between two lesbians, since they are both women.

Geesh. At least TRY to keep up.

And are you still fixated on "butch" lesbians? This has already been answered, though you seem to have forgotten. Short answer, they are not dressing like men and acting like men, since they are women.

You have the problem with sexual stereotypes, false expectations and preconceived notions. They don't. Women come in a variety of styles, types, shapes, and colors, and I don't see you asking why so many straight women look and dress exactly like those scary "butch lesbians", and they seem to have attracted men.

And believe me, where I live, this is not an uncommon thing. Half the farmer's wives look about as masculine as can be.

But guess what?

They are WOMEN.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216969 Sep 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Husband in a marriage between two lesbians, since they are both women.
And are you still fixated on "butch" lesbians? This has already been answered, though you seem to have forgotten. Short answer, they are not dressing like men and acting like men, since they are women.
You have the problem with sexual stereotypes, false expectations and preconceived notions. They don't. Women come in a variety of styles, types, shapes, and colors, and I don't see you asking why so many straight women look and dress exactly like those scary "butch lesbians", and they seem to have attracted men.
And believe me, where I live, this is not an uncommon thing. Half the farmer's wives look about as masculine as can be.
But guess what?
They are WOMEN.
The one not keeping up is you Blondie.

I was responding to the assertion that husband and wife no longer meant male and female.

Moreover, there are gender distinctions. Additionally, your claim about why butch lesbians act the way they do is at odds with their own claims.

Think about this, in the spectrum of sexuality, they are almost transgendered. Or are transgendered stereotyping too.

Smile.
Grandpa

Chico, CA

#216970 Sep 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you had a nice day
Grandpa

Chico, CA

#216971 Sep 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But guess what?
They are WOMEN.

How is it we can have a Wife in a marriage between two males but not a Husband in a marriage between two females ?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#216972 Sep 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City ph@ggots."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s5WV-cELBB4XX&list=PL2C44 237BDB803C19&index=4
Nice...weren't you just demanding an apology because they were being so mean to the poor old wheelchair ridden vet? Something about elderly abuse? You deserve everything you get POS.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216973 Sep 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
typical self avowed christian that resorts to using profanity and name calling.
you're the one complaining about "morality". i didn't change anything - i pointed out to you the results of your way of thinking and doing things. YOU were the blood of those kids that were bullied for being gay and they committed suicide as a result of that bullying. you must be very proud of yourself and your offspring for accomplishing that.
lol don't know wtf you are talking about
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216974 Sep 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume he's a homophobe?!? Are you kidding?!? Is there any doubt?!?
I questioned his son's orientation based on my own observations. I'm not saying I'm right. But gay men tend to know other gay men. We're intuitive that way.
There's only one way to find out, and I bet you already have that in mind don't you !!!
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216975 Sep 18, 2013
World Travler wrote:
<quoted text>What did he say?
He said Frances gives better head ...
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216976 Sep 18, 2013
Hillbilly Man wrote:
Well I'm sorry I made you man-ho's cry. I guess being a crack maggot is a hard life. Just loosen your bras and play with your balls. Now don't be trying to lick them on your couch you might fall off.
Frances did just that, while trying to copy his dog laying on the floor next to him, as his dog had a grin on his face watching Frances struggle.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216977 Sep 18, 2013
Cong wrote:
Frankie, I like you and don't have time to play, talk to me??
He prefers Frances and likes to play hard to get, but you will eventually reach his heart. Don't give up, he is a saylor boi and wants you to rock his boat
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216978 Sep 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your cult are like dictioaries too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie 9 hr guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Apple shows off new gadgets, but Pay is bigger bet Oct 18 Philip Cohen 3
Sunnyvale fire? Oct 17 KC Jones 3
Can I earn her trust back? Oct 17 Ko Majone 2
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1
Musk's Tesla D Intrigue Stokes Rally in Mobiley... Oct 7 amineunited 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]