Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,376)

Showing posts 187,501 - 187,520 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the freedom for gays to marry did not hold water as a basic liberty you would not have seen certain states adopt the idea gays could marry there.
Those states altered the requirements, changed the rules, dropped conjugality as the foundation of legal marriage in the state.
The bigger question now is if we're to allow this segment of the American population, gay citizens, the freedom to marry in some states then why not in every state given that action simply represents a basic civil right?
Because each state sets their own marriage laws, and marriage as a basic civil right is based on the union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, not the two person spouses for life regardless of gender composition.

If conjugality is expendable, why not monogamy too? Where is the line drawn?
The tide

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Was this another religious crazy Muslim gone off the deep end?

Dressed in his religious holy garb of all black.

A man brandishing an assault rifle, shotgun and handgun opened fire Monday inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard.

Killing at least four people and wounding at least seven more, including two police officers.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Get bent you limp dicked idiot.
There's nothing quite like the zingers and the "LOL's" from pimple herders.

I stand in awe.
BeenThr

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Your all insane!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only so many states, and thirty have constitutional amendments defining marriage as union of one man and one woman.
Does not change the fact that once married legally in any state that allows same sex marriage, they will be fully recognized as married on the federal level in all 50 states. Regardless of any state constitutional amendment.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gus...
...I doubt 29 of your closest living relatives would willingly want to be within 50 yards of your anti-social sorry ass.
Did I touch a nerve? How can you look at yourself in the mirror each day. Oh and 'm not anti-social.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan probably had a point when he started typing his post but forgot what it was so started rambling on about forest fires and mad cow disease. He's a moron. Good jarhead material, recruit him!
You and Dan are in the same boat "silor boi"

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about?
LOL!!!!
How does he go into a Clint Eastwood rant to justify his thinking? LOL!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How does he go into a Clint Eastwood rant to justify his thinking? LOL!!!
Dan's funny. That's why I like the silly jackass. Starts rambling about space aliens and Mountain dew and other weird stuff. I think he starts off with some kind of point but forgets it before he types the first sentence.

LOL!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Dan are in the same boat "silor boi"
Marines are part of the Navy. The retarded part.
Flounders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Do you need a fishing license to fish for flounder's?

Oh, I mean crooked politician's?

I heard their is a bounty for them too!
Venessa Sosa Guevara

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

I am currently married to a man but I have been a closet lesbian for over 15 years. I have finally come out to my family and friends. I would love to someday marry a woman and have the same rights that I had with my husband.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't make sense.
I have two sons.
Epic fail.
Smile.
Your sons no longer need parents. They are adults and can manage on their own. Therefore your current marriage is a "mutually sterile, pointlessly opposite gendered half of marriage".

And since you believe that marriage is "essentially a cross cultural evolutionary constraint on mating behavior", you no longer need to be married.

Your wife's body is no longer going to produce offspring. She no longer needs you to provide for your offspring. There is no need for you to continue to hang around and enjoy the rights and protections of marriage.

According to your own definitions, you should move on to someone else and raise another family--that is if you are still potent.

Otherwise, dissolve your marriage. You can still live together and seek out the same legal protections through attorneys that you claim same-sex couples can access.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Venessa Sosa Guevara wrote:
I am currently married to a man but I have been a closet lesbian for over 15 years. I have finally come out to my family and friends. I would love to someday marry a woman and have the same rights that I had with my husband.
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

Divorce is a sin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sons no longer need parents. They are adults and can manage on their own. Therefore your current marriage is a "mutually sterile, pointlessly opposite gendered half of marriage".
And since you believe that marriage is "essentially a cross cultural evolutionary constraint on mating behavior", you no longer need to be married.
Your wife's body is no longer going to produce offspring. She no longer needs you to provide for your offspring. There is no need for you to continue to hang around and enjoy the rights and protections of marriage.
According to your own definitions, you should move on to someone else and raise another family--that is if you are still potent.
Otherwise, dissolve your marriage. You can still live together and seek out the same legal protections through attorneys that you claim same-sex couples can access.
Here is where you not only go stupid, you also show why a gay can never comprehend, let alone dictate, anything about marriage.

Marriage is a life-long commitment. While childbearing years come and go, the relationships birthed continue, and the circle of life continues. We anticipate grandchildren and even great-grandchildren. We hold our role as not just a model of marriage and parenting, but grandparents.

A mutually sterile ss couple can never experience those relationships. The roots of a family, branching out and literally blending with others.

This is a perfect example of why homosexuals need the self-identity and confidence to establish their own relationships. They don't fit marriage, no matter which way you go.

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only so many states, and thirty have constitutional amendments defining marriage as union of one man and one woman.
I'm sure it must have been a type-o on your part but didn't you mean to say,30 UNconstitutional amendments to the state Constitutions? I mean in the end history will bear this out! No need to thank me,you're welcome!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

fr KiMare:

>...Divorce is a sin.<

So, you would tell a woman who is being battered and raped by her husband that it would be a "sin" to divorce him? Pathetic, if that's the case.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

-Bill Of Rights- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it must have been a type-o on your part but didn't you mean to say,30 UNconstitutional amendments to the state Constitutions? I mean in the end history will bear this out! No need to thank me,you're welcome!
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass! Who asked you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Pattysboi wrote:
fr KiMare:
>...Divorce is a sin.<
So, you would tell a woman who is being battered and raped by her husband that it would be a "sin" to divorce him? Pathetic, if that's the case.
Where did I say that?
Flounders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I forgot ask, what does a flounders license cost these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 187,501 - 187,520 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 7 hr Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA 19 hr Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
San Lorenzo man pleads not guilty to beating (Apr '09) Jul 18 annonymous 46
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search