Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,401 - 187,420 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Jeffy 11 wrote:
I see what your doing here you folks only want gays to infest our country.
That comment made no sense as written. To whom was it directed? Who is "you folks"? What is meant by "infest"? Please elaborate and then perhaps others will be able to engage in discussion after you clarify what you are attempting to say. Thanks and have a nice day!
Flounders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Flounders never quit, they just flounder along and along.
31 cities

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Just found this, what a great piece.

Many SGV cities are experiencing the same problem too!

September 15, 2013 - Sunday.

Once there were many supporter's of the Current "Stalinists Dictator's" of Glendora, California.

Like Communism it's only enriches a few, top cadre member's of a secret society. But like Communism it to is BIG LIE, thus those who are in power were the finest liars Glendora, California could produce.

Not many stand by these Communists anymore, for they have laid waste to Glendora of old and only caused much pain and rancor for the majority of old and new Glendoran's to live through.

Shuster's like: Chris Jeffers, D. Wayne Leech, Jeff Kugel, Dave Davies, Valarie Escalante's, Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Joseph Santoro, Karen Davis and Gene Murabito.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Play games elsewhere.
Those that have been in here can clearly see your position even when you're too balless to back past posts.
LOL!!!
GAAAWD DAMN you're dumber than a wet bag of hair Ricky.
Playing games is what you do debsuellen. You are the one too balless to post all those claims you make. LOL!!!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Suzanne and Debbie Sue....take note!!!
??????????
WTF???
LOL!!!!
Keep playing dumb, you are good at it. LOL!!!!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't come up with how does one "become" gay dimwit.
You sound worried.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

There was a ban ?!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>I would need to re-post over 16,000 posts in order to fully answer that question. Frankly, I don't have time.
Oh stop the silly gay twirl.

You know we are talking about the specific post you responded to.

Smile.
Flounders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Only your flounder knows for sure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
IF it is true who cares.
The Air Force is not a place to make personal political statements or push for personal religious beliefs which impede in his or her duties.
Might explain why this young man is getting his ass so readily handed to him.
Next.
Somehow, you have forgot the First Amendment.

Who cares?

Patriots. People with brains. Moral people. Etc.

Talk about an ass...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop the silly gay twirl.
You know we are talking about the specific post you responded to.
Smile.
I don't know what "silly gay twirl" means.

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
OH please, be specific. What did I say that is untrue???

Read your 16,000 posts and answer your own question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpl. Andrew Charles Wilfahrt was an openly gay soldier who lost his life in Afghanistan defending our country's principles.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/02/gay.soldier....
--I give him more stature than some living bigot in the Air Force whose only contribution is to shit on the values of the Constitution.
BTW...Cpl. Wilfahrt was highly regarded, popular and missed by his fellow soldiers who gave a shit less that he was gay and they were.
Read about him sometime asswipe.
Are you talking about the 'bigots' who wrote the Constitution? Because they prohibited gays from serving. For good reason.

You give one example of a gay soldier who died.

I can give you 14000 male soldiers who reported sexual assault LAST YEAR, when DADT was repealed!

Moreover, you slander a 19 year veteran who has served without a single mark against him.

Nor can you speak for fellow soldiers. Especially if one of them was assaulted by him.

Idiot.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the 'bigots' who wrote the Constitution? Because they prohibited gays from serving. For good reason.
You give one example of a gay soldier who died.
I can give you 14000 male soldiers who reported sexual assault LAST YEAR, when DADT was repealed!
Moreover, you slander a 19 year veteran who has served without a single mark against him.
Nor can you speak for fellow soldiers. Especially if one of them was assaulted by him.
Idiot.
The framers of the Constitution also didn't consider people of certain races to be 100% human, as evidenced by the fact they only counted as 3/5 of a person in the census. Let's see, how did that turn out? Is that still in place?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Agent_SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>The framers of the constitution had nothing to do with the census designation. It also had nothing to do with blacks being people. It was an agreement, because the racist slave owners want to count the slaves in whole. It was the North who consented to a 3/5 designation and it was for congressional representation. You are a bigot.
US Constitution, Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3:
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

You comment about me being a bigot was ridiculous and has no foundation in reality. It came across as a desperate attempt by a troll to get attention.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The framers of the Constitution also didn't consider people of certain races to be 100% human, as evidenced by the fact they only counted as 3/5 of a person in the census. Let's see, how did that turn out? Is that still in place?
For those with poor reading comprehension, let me explicitly state the point here: Not everything that was in place over 200 years ago was right. Some things were later deemed to be wrong and were amended, as they should have been. Denying rights to people because of their sexual orientation is one other item that falls into this category. Things evolve during human history. Currently, gays have the legal right to marry in the state of California. This is a simple fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bigoted ignorant statement. The Founding Fathers knew that they had established the eventual demise of slavery.

Moreover, equating a difference in skin color, and the result of mating behavior based on orientation are two very distinct issues. Especially in a military setting.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>You do not seem to know much. Also, since you are a guest, you have overstayed your welcome.
You comment added nothing to the conversation. You may leave now. Goodbye!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think we are laughing. And with all the gays with AIDS and the suicide affliction, you gays are surely not laughing.
Many of us are laughing at your ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
For those with poor reading comprehension, let me explicitly state the point here: Not everything that was in place over 200 years ago was right. Some things were later deemed to be wrong and were amended, as they should have been. Denying rights to people because of their sexual orientation is one other item that falls into this category. Things evolve during human history. Currently, gays have the legal right to marry in the state of California. This is a simple fact.
Marriage is and always has been, a distinct relationship.

Ss couples clearly don't equate.

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bigoted ignorant statement. The Founding Fathers knew that they had established the eventual demise of slavery.
Moreover, equating a difference in skin color, and the result of mating behavior based on orientation are two very distinct issues. Especially in a military setting.
If you somehow interpreted that post as "bigoted" you have poor reading comprehension skills. I make another post for people with that affliction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 22 min Kathrin Walther 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr facts faced 15,929
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 23 hr guest 48
comment Tue Just Thinking 13
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) Tue Just Thinking 8
Complaints Against Google+ Tue Just Thinking 79

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE