Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201890 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Trust in Jesus

San Jose, CA

#216085 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar and you know it. HPV can be spread even in the confines of marriage. Most people do not come to a marriage as virgins. They have had intercourse at some point in their lives. If a man who has had multiple partners marries a woman who is a virgin, he can transmit HPV to her, putting her at risk of genital warts, multiple infections, and cancer.
Unless you are prepared to outlaw premarital intercourse, then you are not going to be able to eliminate the risk of vaginal intercourse.
And if you did outlaw premarital intercourse, then anal sex would be even less risky. There would be practically no risk at all.
"In the End" you paint yourself into a corner every time.
80% of all HPV cases are lesbians so your shift is laughable. You paint yourself in a corner and show how foolish you are by suggesting that premarital intercourse is an issue. That is odd since all gay sex is outside of marriages, because same sex unions are not marriages and 99% of all gays have predominately sex outside of marriage.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#216086 Sep 12, 2013
Oscar dela Rich wrote:
<quoted text>Read on, then Jesus says that YOU are of your father, the devil, the things that he doeth you do the same. Clearly, you are not our brothers and sisters.
Rev Allen is not worth the post, most of us ignore him, he spits a lie then hides and spits another one. I'd say ignore him.

Sacramento, CA

#216087 Sep 12, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...you don't need scientific evidence to know that an anal canal is designed as an EXIT not an entrance. Have a gay relative who apparently was a regular "wide receiver". His anal canal issues were severely damaged he is unable to defecate naturally and now has to release via a tube inserted in his side. It's sad really. He insists he was born gay and same sex attraction is natural to gay men. He used to laugh at those who insisted homosexuality was a.choice. He is not laughing now.
Hey be careful saying the truth here, it makes some people here very anal.

Sacramento, CA

#216088 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
There are risks involved in any kind of sexual intercourse--including vaginal.
Come on dude, we have heard it all before, yes there are risks with kissing a person's neck. There are risks holding hands....Your argument is not defending the action of anal sex medically. The risks are much greater and even with protection are a great danger.
DrOzz

Covina, CA

#216090 Sep 12, 2013
Trust in USA cruise missiles to settle a problem anywhere anytime, wind, rain and fog.

Assad will run like dog on fire when the firs one strikes and that will be all he has time to do before the black curtain falls on him for ever.

Lets say it ahead of time, goodbye Assad!

Sacramento, CA

#216091 Sep 12, 2013
DrOzz wrote:
Trust in USA cruise missiles to settle a problem anywhere anytime, wind, rain and fog.
Assad will run like dog on fire when the firs one strikes and that will be all he has time to do before the black curtain falls on him for ever.
Who cares about Assad or any sod in the middle east. Why is Obama arming the rebels? Why is Obama doing anything in Syria's civil war, I say sit back, watch sports, let them be. You Liberal rats all bitched when the bombs had a "R" on them, so now shut up!
DrOzz

Covina, CA

#216092 Sep 12, 2013
Go away riccddoo's.
DrOzz

Covina, CA

#216093 Sep 12, 2013

Assad will run like dog on fire when the first one strikes and that will be all he has time to do before the black curtain falls on him for ever.

Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#216094 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Barren unions don't produce families capable of adopting little kiddies needing saving from foster care, families ripe with love, families who take vacations to Sausalito, families who grow old together full of memories...
Now there's an absolute SHITLOAD of heterosexual couples that wither through divorce, hatred of each other and whose only fruits are alimony, grudgingly given child support payments and restraining orders so I wouldn't be pointing fingers butterball.
LOL!!!
No, Dan, they don't. That takes a fertile couple, to wit: A heterosexual couple, 1 of each, to produce offspring. Offspring which may turn out to be gay. Said gay couple being capable of adopting little kiddies that need saving from foster care. You may point your finger where you wish, although you may be pointing at a void...
My point, however, was to corroborate what KiMare was saying.@ of the same gender are a barren couple. Period. They will never copulate, conceive and raise a child. At some point, they will need to play "mix-n-match" to form a family.

Wooster, OH

#216095 Sep 12, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
Randy Rockless Hudson is just one of Kimare's puppets that she pulls out when she's getting her ass handed to her on a silver platter.
<quoted text>
Don't you wish that were true...

Wooster, OH

#216096 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said they weren't.
Yet another "newsflash"...LOL!!!
And no fuckwad....that's not my "argument" but here's my reasoning;
Gays should be allowed to marry the adult of their choice nationwide given their marriages hold the same elementary elements that are inherent in marriage' A mutual love, attraction and willingness to commit to a legally binding relationship amongst 2 adults.
There you go sunshine. Next time you get confused just ask.
No. They shouldn't. Here's my reasoning: They don't belong together. If they want to end up together, then let them. Calling it "marriage", however, is a travesty.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#216097 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I propose;
Abortion is murder, it should once again be outlawed.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It should once again be outlawed.
Vaginal sex is safe within the bounds of marriage.
We are all suffering and paying a price for the abuses of some. That is wrong.
Most risks can be avoided by using common sense.
You're the worst troll ever. Nobody, even you, is this backward.

Carry on , KiMerde.

Wooster, OH

#216099 Sep 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
There was a ban ?!
No, there was common sense. That's been banned.

Wooster, OH

#216100 Sep 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
And despite the tears of the anti-marriage crowd, gay folks are STILL legally marrying in CA.
Learn to live in the real world - you'll be happier.
Tears? Oh, my dear, you are certainly over-dramatizing the issue. No-one is weeping. We are simply educating you on the pertinent points. Even though we suffer censorship, hate, ridicule, citizenship nullification and you make some silly noise in order to trivialize us. Silly, really. No-one is weeping.

Wooster, OH

#216102 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
See... There you go again... "Hundreds of thousands of gays dead."
That's why you believe that homosexuals need protection in order to have intercourse.
And yet you KNOW that 40,000,000 babies are aborted EACH YEAR by HETEROSEXUALS! In a few years, you heterosexuals ("who need no protection") kill enough babies to equal the population of the United States!!
YOU PEOPLE should be kept from having intercourse unless you are FULLY PREPARED to accept the responsibility of your actions!
YOU are MUCH MORE DEADLY than gay people are when it comes to your sexual activity.
And, how many would you have to your credit, if yours could conceive? Oh, damn, you can't...
So, instead of spouting off about an arena in which you cannot compete, why not ask, say, what percentage of heterosexuals have died from AIDS?
At least, in an arena such as that, we can both be held accountable....
It would make more sense than asking some stupid questions... As an example, I will ask you: How many blind people design rude signs? Why, none, of course. They're blind........They don't see.....
Now, didn't that strike you as a completely asisine question? of course it did. Hope the analogy didn't go over your head....
Greg Kirschmann

Chicago, IL

#216103 Sep 12, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They shouldn't. Here's my reasoning: They don't belong together. If they want to end up together, then let them. Calling it "marriage", however, is a travesty.
Every point you raise is nothing more than opinion (and you've provided no reasoning). There's no compelling reason to deny SSM. And the reality is that SSM now exists in the US. With enough therapy, you'll get over it. Or you can choose to remain a whiner. We already know which it will be based on your history here.

Wooster, OH

#216106 Sep 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that the legal marriage licenses involved don't say a thing about the genders of the couples who are married. And it seems that your federal government recognizes ALL marriages licenses as equal.
It must be hard to be wrong so often. Isn't it hard on your ego?
Not funny. It stands to reason that your incessant lobbying, bullying, subverion, badgering and infiltration has paid a great dividend. Our federal government is going down in flames, and you dance....

Wooster, OH

#216107 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid to put your studies up???
It's because the hohophobes are also intellectophobes...

Wooster, OH

#216108 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
So discrimination is the path to follow. Just like segregation.
I bet Grandpappy Armando was screaming that blacks had the same ability to go to school, drink at water fountains and ride on the bus as whites but they had to follow the rules and do so only where it was labeled "colored only" back in 1955.
No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt. We recognize it for what it is - a legal union of 2 adults who found a mutual attraction to each other, love and a willingness to commit.
The fact you and others want to limit it to those you approve of is nothing more than discrimination dumbshit.
'No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt.'? OMG. Of course you are. 20 years ago, it was a legal union of one man and one woman. Don't lie. You don't want to be like Big D.

Wooster, OH

#216110 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a near senile old jack ass. However, I'm kicking your punk ass over and over.
When we old farts die off, you little twits grow common sense. You will be us.
That is why in all of human history not one single culture has ever accepted SS couples as married.
However, long after I am dead and gone, SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Smirk.
@ssh0l*s like him will never grow any common sense. We are handing off what was once a great country to a bunch of buffoons. They will finish running it into the ground. At high speed. They can't wait for us to die off, so that they may squander the inheritance. Figuratively speaking, they are gonna hock mamas rings for crack money....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report of Possible Alien Signal Sets SETI Commu... 12 hr ET phones home 1
Close Moffett Field ! (Jun '06) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 103
News Weird noises are coming Apple complex (Feb '16) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 40
Lyft in Sunnyvale Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 3
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 23
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 106
News Facebook Revenue, Users Top Estimates as Mobile... Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 3

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages