Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,321

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Fricking

Monrovia, CA

#215724 Sep 10, 2013
POP ups from match.com are just fricking gross.

cdn.optmd.com
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#215725 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro...
If millions of Californians voted to ban all gun sales in the state, would you agree that the Supreme Court should let their decision stand?
Of course not. There is a Constitutional Amendment that allows for gun ownership.
There is also a Constitutional Amendment that doesn't allow for parts of the Defense of Marriage Act.
Just because millions of people express an opinion at the polls does not mean that they can overturn the Constitution.
The only way to change the Constitution is by way of amendment. There is no amendment barring same-sex marriage.
VV, you're being silly. Guns are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution. SSSB is not.

Wooster, OH

#215726 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare,
Let me try to put this in a manner that you understand. Let's look at history.
Throughout the history of mankind, anal sex has been practiced among straight and gay individuals. It has been going on since the onset of this country. In fact it was probably even more prevalent in history since it was a common means of birth control. There were no condoms. There were no birth control pills. People had to figure out a way early on to have sexual intercourse without always getting knocked up. Now how do you think they did it?
If anal sex were so unhealthy and demeaning, we wouldn't have come this far. Mankind would have ended long ago.
The facts do not support your idea.
Now, let's talk about the contemporary world we live in. In our society anal sex between consenting adults is legal. And none of your bluster and scare tactics will end that.
Finally, please take your attention off my ass. I've seen your photo. You are short. I don't care for short men. And I particularly don't care for short men who are morons. I have standards--none of which you meet.
Again with the silly act...
Drug abuse is extremely dangerous, lethal in fact. Would they (drug addicts), COULD they have come this far? They have. Neither drug abuse nor SSSB have the power to end mankind. however, they are both behaviors to be avoided, even though there are self-destructive types that pander to both sets.
Now, anal sex between consenting adults may be legal, however, calling it "marriage" is like putting a suit on a pig. It's still a pig. And it has no business wearing an Armani.
Stop trying to drum up some interest from KiMare, he has no interest in you. He has a wife. His head is screwed on right. You could learn something from him.

Wooster, OH

#215727 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah....we were talking about your buddy's fabricated terms of "natural families" and "default families".
Do you know what a 'fucktard' is though?
If you don't let me know and I'll come over with a mirror and show you.
Sure, that's more of the "made up words" that your kind likes so much. Pity that you have no respect for the English language, but what can we expect from your type? Very little that has actual value.

Wooster, OH

#215728 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Peter Piper, Petrie Dish, Pietroquilantist or whatever your TOPIX name is...
...just because someone said you had spaghetti sauce for brains doesn't make you Italian.
The Constitution does not spell out you can paint your house the Color of Florida orange in neon bright hues but the fact is freedoms like than are ingrained in that article.
The Constitution and it's Amendments are there to ensure all American citizens are awarded a full set of liberties and freedoms and from any angle you look at it the freedom to marry the adult of your choice is covered hence the dismal failure of losers like you trying to squash gay marriages in the long run.
Good bye.
Signed, "loser".
It's "Pietro Armando". See? It's right there. Easy to read. It's a shame that you have spent so much time fixed on ass, and hardly any time learning to read properly.
And, no, there is no mention of SSSB in the Constitution.
Goodbye, loser.

Wooster, OH

#215729 Sep 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem with Don Sclio is he's so stupid he doesn't know he's stupid. So when he loses he doesn't know it, he thinks he's won.
He's always been an idiot. And, he has yet to meet me at the Home Depot, behind that one garbage dumpster...

Wooster, OH

#215730 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage was 'invented'???
You mean...like the wheel???
LOL!!!!
And it's your claim marriage was "invented" to produce children???
Really.
Funny....but it seems most women can get pregnant while being single. Also...I never saw a single reference to some rule that you have to have kids after marriage. I never saw any mention of children in marriage licenses either.
Where did you get your "facts"???? In a hallucinigetic dream when you downed 3 ecstasy pills with a mix of tequila, top shelf vodka and a helping of acid???
As far as claiming having children is not a requirement of marriage....please specify how it proves to be "counterproductive".
Does not having kids when married slowly dissolve the marriage?
You're a MORON. I wouldn't be shocked if they found you wearing your underwear outside of your slacks one day only to see you get mad because no instructions were put into the Fruit of the Loom package of briefs you bought the day before.
Dan, you seem to be stuck on stupid. Here, come here and let me smack the living shit out of you, it might help...
Prickler

Monrovia, CA

#215731 Sep 10, 2013
River rat from OHIO, get the f off this site.

Wooster, OH

#215732 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Most people who try anal sex never try it again." That's what you say... Do you have any facts to back that statement up?
You also say that anal sex was used by a tiny percentage of primitive cultures to prevent pregnancy. Great ancient civilizations, such as Peru, Japan, Rome, and Greece all practiced anal sex--heterosexual and homosexual.
I stand by my comment that heterosexual couples engaged in anal sex as a means of birth control. I never indicated that mankind would have ended had these couples refrained from having anal sex. I simply pointed out that back when there were no condoms or other birth control means, couples utilized whatever was at their disposal to engage in intimate behavior. And since very, very few husbands want to see their uterus turned into a clown car--to see how many people can emerge from it--they did whatever they could to keep their family size to a level that they could support.
Finally, the picture that I just this minute saw of you (the one I was referring to) is of you standing with your arm around your wife. And unless she's 6'4", I'm guessing you're around 5'8" or 5'9". That puts you firmly in "Ewok Stature". Maybe you should buy some lifts for your shoes.
We have as many, if not more, facts than you. We pick and choose which facts we like. Ours, however, are valid, based upon centuries of observation. You have 20th Century spin.

Wooster, OH

#215733 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove marriage was "invented"...then prove the reason the 'government' gives benefits to marriage is based on children.
Idiot - get bent. You fabricate your world...no wonder you're lost.
No one is going to comply with your "little temper tantrum demand" for obedience. STFU. If you cannot acknowledge simple truths, you have no business in here.
River rat

Monrovia, CA

#215734 Sep 10, 2013
Sawyer changed his name to Linden Uriah Pullam during years as a fugitive according to Riverside County Sheriff's Department investigators.

Fugitive's sentencing scheduled for January -

Wooster, OH

#215735 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
She's twelve going to soccer practice there Chester.
Leave her alone.
LOL!!!
You, um, you an expert on 12 year old soccer kiddies?

Wooster, OH

#215736 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
All that's asked of you is that you prove it.
And you can't.
Pretty simple...
Until you can prove Saturn is made from goat cheese, the Lochness Monster ate your lawn chairs, Elvis is still alive and staying in your attic or that marriage was created because of children it's still BULLSHIT.
All of those red herrings that you mentioned are bullshit, or didn't you know that?
However, Frank, Kimare and Pietro are on point, as usual.

Wooster, OH

#215737 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
Funny thing is the righty hate mongers talk big here online. But not once have I seen one of these pigs in real life mouth off. Oh they might say they don't like it or are against it. But these inbred toothless beer bellied old farts wont run there mouth when faced with young in shape smart strong people...
Look at guys like Frankie Rizzo. He is Vietnam vet and he is crippled...yet he talks like big tough guy. I mean my wife could kick his azz I am sure. If you cant back it up you should not talk...
And look at Kimare. That person thinks bigotry and hate are ok and should be rule. I mean how out of date some people are is sad. I know that 80% of people are hate gays and are against SSM are over 60 so we have to just wait awhile until these old pricks die off.
If we lived in the same town, you'd have heard me plenty. And you'd not have said a word to me.
You gonna come down here soon, sugar?

Wooster, OH

#215738 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
As if by magic here comes the old baby killing Nam cripple vet. Running his bug mouth online. He would not do so face to face or in public...I PROMISE YOU THAT.
So enjoy your glory of running your mouth here. We all know in real world your pathetic and worthless and most likely no one loves you or cares if you die....Your pathetic......
You're a joke, fool boi. You shoot off your mouth more than any other. Come down here.

810 Beall Ave
Wooster, Oh

I'll send you home with some missing teeth.

Wooster, OH

#215739 Sep 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
“Nearly all United States Supreme Court decisions declaring marriage to be a fundamental right expressly link marriage to the fundamental rights of procreation, chidlbirth, abortion, and childrearing.”– Anderson v. King County (Wash. 2006) 138 P.3d 962, 978
“[T]he first purpose of matrimony, by the laws of nature and society, is procreation.”– Baker v. Baker (1859) 13 Cal. 87, 103.
“[T]he procreation of children under the shield and sanction of the law” is one of the “two principle ends of marriage.”– Sharon v. Sharon (1888) 75 Cal. 1,33
“The family is the basic unit of our society, the center of the personal affections that ennoble and enrich human life. It channels biological drives that might otherwise become socially destructive; it ensures the care and education of children in a stable environment; it establishes continuity from one generation to another; it nurtures and develops the individual initiative that distinguishes a free people. Since the family is the core of our society, the law seeks to foster and preserve marriage.– De Burgh v. De Burgh (1952) 39 Cal.2d 858, 863-864.
Procreation is “[o]ne of the prime purposes of matrimony.”– Maslow v. Maslow (1952) 117 Cal.App.2d. 237, 241.
“[P]rocreation of offspring could be considered one of the major purposes of marriage.”– Poe v. Gerstein (5th Cir. 1975) 517 F.2d 787, 796.
“[M]arriage exists as a protected legal institution primarily because of societal values associated with the propagation of the human race.”– Singer v. Hara (Wash. App. 1974) 522 P.2d 1187, 1195.
Marriage is a universal social institution, albeit with myriad variations in social and cultural details. A review of the cross-cultural diversity in marital arrangements reveals certain common themes: some degree of mutual obligation between husband and wife, a right of sexual access (often but not necessarily exclusive), an expectation that the relationships will persist (although not necessarily for a lifetime), some cooperative investment in offspring, and some sort of recognition of the status of the couple’s children. The marital alliance is fundamentally a reproductive alliance." Margo Wilson & Martin Daly, Marital Cooperation and Conflict, in Evolutionary Psychology, Public Policy and Personal Decisions 197, 203 (Charles Crawford & Catherine Salmon eds., Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc. 2004)
Some evidence on the anthropological point:“Although the details of getting married – who chooses the mates, what are the ceremonies and exchanges, how old are the parties – vary from group to group, the principle of marriage is everywhere embodied in practice.... The unique trait of what is commonly called marriage is social recognition and approval ... of a couple’s engaging in sexual intercourse and bearing and rearing offspring.” Kingsley Davis (ed.), Contemporary Marriage: Comparative Perspectives on a Changing Institution (New York: Russell Sage Foundation)(1985).
Don't confuse Dan with historical reflection. He shits on history. It's the only angle they have. "Screw tradition". "To hell with history". Etc...

Wooster, OH

#215740 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting back and fighting against tyranny and discrimination is not hate or bigotry.
When attacked you cant roll over you must fight back.
You really meant to post: "fighting against anyone who disagrees with me", didn't you?
And you really meant to post: "anyone who doesn't see things my way is a bigot", didn't you?
And you really meant to post: "I respect everyones freedom to speak as I do, and I want to mug anyone who isn't in tune with me", didn't you?
...."yeah".... We know what you mean....

Wooster, OH

#215741 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting back and fighting against tyranny and discrimination is not hate or bigotry.
When attacked you cant roll over you must fight back.
And you really meant to post: "Anyone who disagrees with me is attacking me, so I am justified in posting violent hate to them", didn't you?
You should be posting: "I don't agree with anyone having freedom of speech, I want the whole world to have one view, mine.".

Wooster, OH

#215742 Sep 10, 2013
But, since you're a moron, you act as if you are in the 10th grade, and it's "bully the smaller kids time". Except, we're not smaller kids, and you are getting away with shooting your g0dd@mn mouth off, for free, you internet Rambo. Safe behind a screen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#215743 Sep 10, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "Pietro Armando". See? It's right there. Easy to read. It's a shame that you have spent so much time fixed on ass, and hardly any time learning to read properly.
And, no, there is no mention of SSSB in the Constitution.
Goodbye, loser.
Thanks Rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Online Reputation Management Firm Reputati... (Jan '13) 1 hr jamesanderson 2
Billionaire Icahn Says Apple Is One of Best Buy... 3 hr Markjewbook 2
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) 3 hr Markjewbook 95
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 3 hr Markjewbook 53
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 16 hr Little Johnny Da ... 61
A Rare Glimpse Inside The Life And Mind Of Orac... Jan 27 Kid_Tomorrow 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Jan 26 William Walker 25

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers