Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201811 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215595 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaaaawrsh...but...but...but I thought several countries and several states here in the U.S. ALREADY DID accept same sexed couples as married.
LOL!!!
Lie much??
Well apparently they are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other!

I only see a barren half of marriage with a limp wristed gay pretending to be the wife.

Snicker.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#215597 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up mating behavior amongst Christians.
A January 17, 2010, article in The Sun News, a paper out of Myrtle Beach, SC, that trumpeted a Barna survey proves that “born again” Christians suffer the highest rates of divorce and atheists/agnostics the lowest.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#215598 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no opinion in this:
It is a fact that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about homosexuality because it is inconsistent, contradictory and unreliable.

GOD VIOLATED HIS OWN LAWS ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS:
(1) In Ex. 20:13 he said thou shalt not kill; yet, in Deut. 32:39 and many other verses he said, "I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal...."
(2) John 4:8 and 4:16 say God is love and 1 Cor. 13:4 says love is not jealous or boastful. Yet, Deut. 4:24 says God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God. How can God be jealous when several verses say God is love and 1 Cor. says love is not jealous?
(3) In the Ten Commandments God says thou shalt not commit adultery; yet, Matt. 1:18 says, "This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Ghost. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly." The Holy Ghost, who is God, impregnated another being's wife. If that is not adultery, what is it?
(4) In Lev. 19:18 God says, "you shall not take vengeance or bear any grudge against the sons of your own people...." Yet, in Deut. 32:35 God says, "To me belongs vengeance, and recompense." God rules out taking vengeance by others, but relegates it to himself.
(5) In Luke 6:27 God tells us to love our enemies and do good to those who hate you. Yet, in Gen. 19:24 he rained fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah because they had rejected him.
(6) Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." Yet, Gen. 11:9 says, "That is why it was called Babel--because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world." The Lord hates those who sow dissension even though he is responsible for all the confusion that emerged from his creation of a multitude of languages.
(7) In Matt. 26:52 Jesus said, "Put up thy sword...for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." Yet, in Ezek. 21:5 God says, "Then all the people will know that I the Lord have drawn my sword from its scabbard; it will not return again." If what Jesus said is true, why has the Lord not perished?
(8) Deut. 6:16 says, "Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God," while Gen. 22:1 says, "it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham...." God tells us not to tempt, but he does.
(9) In First John 2:15 we are told not to love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. Yet, John 3:16 says, "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." We are not supposed to love the world, but God sure does.
(10) Job 5:2 says, "For wrath kills the foolish man, and envy slays the silly one." Displaying wrath is to be considered anathema; yet Psalm 21:9 ("...the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them"), Ex. 31:10 ("...let me alone that my wrath may wax hot against them"), and Num. 16:46 ("...for there is wrath gone out from the Lord") clearly show wrath is one of the Lord's more prominent traits.

Location hidden

#215599 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were to follow historic 'relational distinctions' we'd still have aspects such as slavery present dumbass.
Unfortunately for you we're working towards adhering to those principles set forth in the Constitution as to how to treat our fellow Americans.
The only blockage to not allowing freedoms to our citizens would be to advise of viable harm as to the freedom(s) they pursued.
Can you find viable harm in gay marriage shitforbrains???
First, slavery is more prevalent now than it was in the 1800s.

Second, we give special rights based on specific distinctions. SS couples clearly don't equate to marriage, disqualifying them from marriage rights.

Smile

Location hidden

#215600 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell...you've displayed yourself as a crazy in here to the point I wouldn't be surprised if you saw an elephant at the circus only to come home and advise that it was the biggest rat you've seen outside of your own home.
LOL!!!
Hey....you never did give a reference to your "default families"....where was that written again??????????
Ad homoan gay troll hate attack.

Do you have any reasoned responses yet?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215601 Sep 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of us grandpas are opposed to SSM, just FYI
Same sex marriage is legal and recognized now, in all 50 states at the federal level, and in a growing number of states on the state level.
Relax, there is nothing they can do about it. A majority of voters approve of it, a majority of businesses are demanding it, republicans and democrats are both moving in this direction more every year.
Same Sex Marriage is here to stay
"Huh" is incapable of relaxation. He's very high strung. Even though SSM is here to stay, he's still very angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215602 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion. Again.
WTF are you? A broken record?? When you go out to eat are you as stupid and crazy enough to tell the waitress your order six times only to 'smile' at her like a looney bitch when you've finished??
Good God...LOL!!!!
Do you?

Smile!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215603 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a near senile old jack ass. However, I'm kicking your punk ass over and over....
Smirk.
Chuckle.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215604 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Niiiice.

You're a DUMBASS. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes you 6 minutes each day to drive your car while you bounce from seat to seat to figure out which one is the area the driver sits in.
LOL!!!
You wouldn't be surprised, eh? Who's the DUMBASS?

LOL!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215605 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not kicked anything idiot. I have won every discussion.
No we will not become hate filled bigots. We have been educated that how you are is wrong and vile and evil.
And by time you die SSM will be legal in all 50 states and always will be after that.
SMIRK SMIRK SMIRK SMILE SMILE.
Run off now you have lost big time.
Danth's law.

You lose. So sorry, try again. Insert another nickel please.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215606 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were to follow historic 'relational distinctions' we'd still have aspects such as slavery present dumbass.
Unfortunately for you we're working towards adhering to those principles set forth in the Constitution as to how to treat our fellow Americans.
The only blockage to not allowing freedoms to our citizens would be to advise of viable harm as to the freedom(s) they pursued.
Dan thinks he sounds intelligent by awkwardly using unnecessary words such as "viable". YUK!YUK!YUK! Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215607 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaaaawrsh...but...but...but I thought several countries and several states here in the U.S. ALREADY DID accept same sexed couples as married.
LOL!!!
Lie much??
"same sexed" What a dope!

LOL!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215609 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell...you've displayed yourself as a crazy in here to the point I wouldn't be surprised if you saw an elephant at the circus only to come home and advise that it was the biggest rat you've seen outside of your own home.
LOL!!!
Hey....you never did give a reference to your "default families"....where was that written again??????????
You wouldn't be surprised at that eh? And you call him crazy? YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215610 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this like go back and find the non-existent post that backs your argument?
LOL!!!
Or the one that backs your argument?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215611 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your literacy is barely viable.
Posted Here

Monrovia, CA

#215612 Sep 10, 2013
This one looks like a post-it pad anyway.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215613 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Lie much??
"Same sexed". YUK!YUK!YUK! Who sexed them the same?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215614 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
Look everyone it is old cripple baby killer Frankie. HE IS PATHETIC AND A LOSER. All eh ahs is smart azz comments and lies and BS...Ask him a serious question and ask him to back up answer with any kind of facts.....HE WILL TWIST AND LIE AND ATTACK YOU EBCAUSE HE IS A TROLL AND HAS NOTHING......
Calm down spice trooper. Your already atrocious spelling suffers even more when you get upset like that. And we suffer along with it. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215615 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.
And you're not. Says so in the rainbow handbook, right? YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215616 Sep 10, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
And contracts are a dime a dozen?? LOL!!!
Tell that to your bank when you fall short on your mortgage by 32 months.
Geeeezus you're an idiot. Bar none.
Hey. You said I was an idiot bar none. Make up your mind dummy. Geeeeezus.

LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Depression still a top problem in high schools 14 hr Jennifer 2
News Police Beat: Stroller found at Palo Alto inters... Thu Gohb 2
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) May 27 Calipoolguy 117
News Palo Alto: Committee balks at restricting smoki... May 14 Ban Tobacco 2
News Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) May 4 Anonymous 284
You can win an awesome new GenZe Electric Scoot... (Sep '14) May 1 dfd 2
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Apr '15 Hmm 2
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE