Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Nettles

Covina, CA

#215426 Sep 9, 2013
The latest's attempt to take away private land and water rights of cities and private citizens has begun.

September 7, 2013 Saturday 10:00 am till 12:30 pm.
Taylor Hall, Claremont, California.

I attended the so called "town hall" and aside from all the questions read favoring the NRA but 2/3'd of the room remained seated when asked to if they favored the NRA, it seemed like a sham.

She bussed in supporters just to bump up the numbers of attendee's in chairs.

The Kizh Indians were detained by local police (Claremont) and not allowed to speak. http://gabrielenoindians.org/Site/WELCOME.htm...

She will not allow anyone against or with questions regarding audits and mismanagement of bond money to be asked.

Is she is hiding information and covering up much needed factual information.

The set aside Q&A period was suppose to be 50 minutes, but that shrank to less than 20 minutes of preselected questions answered on cards and five people asking questions via a microphone, who questioned the who process and direction of the Judy Chu support.
Nettles

Covina, CA

#215427 Sep 9, 2013
The latest's attempt to take away private land and water rights of cities and private citizens has begun.

September 7, 2013 Saturday 10:00 am till 12:30 pm.
Taylor Hall, Claremont, California.

I attended the so called "town hall" and aside from all the questions read favoring the NRA but 2/3'd of the room remained seated when asked to if they favored the NRA, it seemed like a sham.

She bussed in supporters just to bump up the numbers of attendee's in chairs.

The Kizh Indians were detained by local police (Claremont) and not allowed to speak. http://gabrielenoindians.org/Site/WELCOME.htm ...

She will not allow anyone against or with questions regarding audits and mismanagement of bond money to be asked.

Is she is hiding information and covering up much needed factual information.

The set aside Q&A period was suppose to be 50 minutes, but that shrank to less than 20 minutes of preselected questions answered on cards and five people asking questions via a microphone, who questioned the whole process and direction of the Judy Chu support.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215428 Sep 9, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is dumbing down anything, except for you (of course).
Two non-related consenting adults entering into a lasting covenant with each other is called marriage.
You don't have to like it if both wear jock straps, or both wear panties.
SSM has no effect on you nor can you come up with a compelling reason to deny people SSM. Your arguments about children are the best you've got, but they are completely irrelevant. What's more, you know it, but you persist anyway.
You claim no dumbing down, and then turn right around and do it. At the expense of children no less! Then you eliminate one gender!

And with NO consequence? That only happens if something isn't real.

Smirk.
Founded

Covina, CA

#215429 Sep 9, 2013
U.S. restaurants in 2012: 1

U.S. restaurants in 1980: 1,118

Year founded: 1957

Sambo's was named after its founders, Sam Battistone and Newell "Bo" Bohnett. At its peak, the chain operated 1,118 restaurants. However, many customers, especially in the Northeast, felt uncomfortable with the name and the company's history.

Sambo's used the principal character from Helen Bannerman's 1899 book "Little Black Sambo," which was criticized for promoting negative racial stereotypes.

The first Sambo's, in Santa Barbara, Calif., remains in business and is now owned by the founder's grandson.
sloganeering cripple

Pulaski, TN

#215430 Sep 9, 2013
Celebrate Diversity!

Unless they're different...
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#215431 Sep 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a melt down and I can rip you another one too, troll. Now go cram that empty beer bottle in your pie hole and take your own advise..STFU.
Don't be ashamed of your meltdown, all of you powder puffs have them. It's part of your baggage, emotional instability.

Wooster, OH

#215432 Sep 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the graphic sexual references were exactly what i requested to provide.
i have always used profanity. it was the way my grandfather taught me to talk...
I think that several key components were overlooked by yer grandfather...

Wooster, OH

#215435 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
SSM has sustained itself. The proof is in it's growth and following. I myself was against it not that long ago but it only makes logical sense to allow it.
You're free to play the dickass loser and be against it. No one cares. Shit jackass - join the Westboro Baptist Church for that matter as part of their new Italian American liason for that matter. You're but a fly splattered on the windshield of history once this story is over.
Gays marrying will take place in more and more states as time marches on and will be no more than a non-issue eventually.
So has drug abuse and illegal immigration grown. What's your point? That wrongful behavior can exist and grow? We all know that...

Wooster, OH

#215437 Sep 9, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Sex Marriage....
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark:
· Denmark proper
France
Iceland
Mexico:1
· DF, QR, CH
Netherlands:
· Netherlands proper
New Zealand:
· New Zealand proper
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom:
· England & Wales†
United States:
· CA, CT, DC, DE, IA,
· MA, MD, ME, MN, NH,
· NM (8 counties),2
· NY, RI, VT, WA, 5 tribes
Uruguay
How clever. You can name all of the recent victories as "proof" of prior societal acceptance of SSSB. Except, as we both know, no society has ever accepted it before. These "examples" that you have listed have all been pushed into legalization in the last 20 years or so. No historical proof exists of acceptance. Only forced validation. It's the only hope that you have. Subversion and infiltration.

Wooster, OH

#215440 Sep 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My 30% quote is a figure is a factual statement. The other numbers include:
--Over 41% of the U.S. population lives in a state with either marriage or a broad legal status such as civil union or domestic partnership.
--Over 43% of the U.S. population lives in a state that provides some form of protections for gay couples.
RE: your comment about the freedom to choose... We have made a choice. And the choice that people are making is that same-sex couples should have the right to marry and the LGBT citizens should be treated equally under the law.
Yes, your minority has decided that the rest of us should have to accept a validation of abberrant sexual behavior. And it seems to confuse us that we're going to hell in a handbasket....

Wooster, OH

#215441 Sep 9, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you aren't very good with math.
And no, WE didn't choose, a judge chose. The WE went against you twice, that's why you cried to the men in black.
After vetting, and seeding, the men in black... This was key to the exercise.

Wooster, OH

#215444 Sep 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh wow1 totally biased report for a totally biased foundation...
so not even one social scientist to cite from? not even one?
Don't even start your bitching about biased this and biased that. It's all you've got. If not for bias, we'd be getting drastically different reports about your pet project. Bias is the only thing that has gotten you this far. As an example, I give you the politico that changed his stance, based upon his son. Total bias. Emotional claptrap that made him do a sudden U-turn in his stance. You know it, as do the rest of us. Pure bias.

Wooster, OH

#215445 Sep 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not gay and i gave you the facts about homosexual intimacy already.
sorry charlie, you can keep trying to pull bullshit out of your ass and call it fact, but rational people will call you out on it...
I've got some news for ya.... You're gay and confused, sonnie. When you grow up, you'll realize this.

Wooster, OH

#215446 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...I'll bite.
Where in the flying f@#k is your proof?
Easy to make claims Elvis is real isn't it shitforbrains....it's a little tougher proving it however.
Proof is everywhere, if you open your eyes and open your ears, dipshit...

Location hidden

#215448 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Funny...but I have yet to see this so called proof let alone you'd think it would be easy for you to produce it should you actually have any bullshitter.
And middle school? I think I passed that once I got my MBA.
Again - any proof to your opinionated claims?
All you need to do is

1. Read back a little and find it.

2. Disprove it by posting valid rebuttal.

But no, all you are capable of is crude scoffing.

Oh, specifically, what was the opinion? Or would that require a brain.

Smirk.

Wooster, OH

#215449 Sep 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Maggot Maggie is a hating c(_)nt, you just revealed your true colors bub...rot with Kimare.
Calm down, child. Stop throwing out those elementary school insults.

Location hidden

#215450 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet it is Einstein....hence the push for equality when it comes to gay marriage.
Gays should have the basic civil right to marry the adult of their choice like everyone else.
Now you're gettin' it Petey!!!
Well whoopee, they are half way to marriage. Twice over!

Maybe another SCOTUS ruling will put you over the top!

Snicker.

Wooster, OH

#215453 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural families?
Families consist of gay and straight couples, including those with kids moron.
Unfortunately for you your efforts at inventing a new terminology based on your messed up system of thought doesn't exist.
Disagree???
Find just one reference to a "default family" you f-ing IDIOT.
Just one.
-Tick tock...the clock is running.
You're the ones using the "inventing a new terminology" game, "based on your messed up system of thought", not us. Try to stay on track, can you? Or do the meds interfere with that?

Wooster, OH

#215454 Sep 9, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
A.) Never claimed kids were "better off" without their biological parents troll. Add to that "natural parents" is a term utilized by you and that other shitforbrain poster KiKrazy and not an accurate description of biological parents.
B.) I did advise kids whom are in abusive situations with the source being their biological parents would be better off elsewhere.
B.+) Of course you might think momma giving her 3 month old baby daughter a disinfecting cleaning with 2 buckets of boiling water might be a good thing given you seem to be just that STUPID.
---If you're going to lie....at least TRY and be sly about it jizzhead...OK?
LOL!!!
A.) Yes, you did, with every promotion os SSSB.
B.) Did you think that up all by yourself? D-uhhh....
B.+) Did you try that?

Location hidden

#215456 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I keep pointing out that married people need protection NOT TO PROCREATE.
Gays need protection TO HAVE SEX. And are totally incapable of mutually procreating.
You are hardly in any position to demand any 'requirements'!
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Whaaa???
If a married heterosexual couple wanted kids why would they need protection not to procreate???
If a married heterosexual couple had one member in it that was sterile they wouldn't NEED birth control.
Just WTF is this GOOFED up blanket statement of;"... I keep pointing out that married people need protection NOT TO PROCREATE."??????????
And then there's this; "Gays need protection TO HAVE SEX."
WTF FOR???? You yourself are screaming gay couples can't have pregnancies result as a response the them having sex MORON.
And in addition you've got this idiotic statement; "And are totally incapable of mutually procreating." - WHO F-ING CARES dipshit given 'procreating' is not a requirement of marriage.
My GAAAWD you're dumber than a wet bag of hair and more lost than a red eared slider turtle thinking he's going to migrate with the Canadian geese next fall.
LOL!!!
Who said they wanted to? You were the idiot demanding they be required!

One is sterile? You are surprised they can't procreate? Really? They are most likely heartbroken, you act like it's a great thing, you sick bastard.

And you still don't understand that only a idiotic ass would demand a 'requirement' of procreation from a couple that needs protection not to procreate? Are you really that dumb???

To top it off, after millions of deaths and billions spent educating idiots, YOU still don't know about marginally safe, inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex??? Damn son, you need to be locked up!!!

Finally, I don't give a rip that ss couples don't consider kids important. Married couples do. YOU don't dictate what is a part of marriage. You may think kids need to be a requirement, normal people think kids are a gift.

You bring a whole new meaning to idiot!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Fri John A 3
News Weird noises are coming Apple complex (Feb '16) Fri flbadcatowner 50
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Fri ILIKE TRUMP 121
Vote For Donald Trump Fri Trollbuster 16
Sunnyvale Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Carl 2
News Report of Possible Alien Signal Sets SETI Commu... Sep 19 Allright already 5
Pedophils Sep 19 ldm3 1

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages