Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,302)

Showing posts 186,021 - 186,040 of200,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no marriage outside the eyes of the law as it is a legal, binding contract that is the purview of the state.
are you really sure you think you are to this level of debate? you don't even seem to know what it is you are talking about...
See my post above to your sister.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
So equal in the eyes of the law and totally equal hold different meanings.
I'd be careful who you called idiot you dumb bastard.
Hence the terms ss couple and marriage to start with idiot.

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the denial.
If you can comprehend at a elementary school level, you will note that woody didn't qualify his statement in the narrow terms of the law.
Moreover, you are dumbing down marriage to a contract? Get a lawyer, that's all you need.
Idiot.
no need to qualify it. there is no marriage outside of the law!!

what part of the term marriage do you not understand/

seriously dude, you really need to learn at least the very basics of the issue you are discussing....the definition of what you are talking about would be a good start...

sheesh!

so you never tire of making a complete ass out of yourself with your ignorance?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean by bringing clear, proven , verifiable facts to back up what i say....yes, those are good debating skills.
you should try it at least once when you become intelligent and educated enough to...
Lying and spin is not a good debating skill.

Most gay men have anal sex. Most straight men do not. That is a clear verifiable fact. You have none. You just get mad and call it facts.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

I think it's time everyone in this room hold hands and become one big happy family. Lets keep this great nation from entering another crises. We need to take care of America and its people first. Lets convince our president that we need to stay out of Syria
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you really aren't in support of that, are you? you seem unable to make that prooof when asked for it. i made that proof to you...you ran away when asked to do the same...
What are you talking about? "prooof"? Calm down, count to ten and calmly tell me what "prooof" you think I'm supposed to be looking for.

I have never run away from you. You are a liar.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? "prooof"? Calm down, count to ten and calmly tell me what "prooof" you think I'm supposed to be looking for.
as i have asked you many times, give me prooof youa re for marriage equality. tell me how equal in every single way same sex couple marriage is to opposite sex couple marriage.

this should be very simple for you...

then you could also stop backing those people who post hateful things about homosexuals and gay marriage to help prove your point, but you still do that, don't you?

don't worry, i totally expect you to run away from this as you have in the past several times...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
What the F????
'A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders'???
What other flavorful concoctions of absolute BULLSHIT can you recite?
Well....we can advise that gay marriages constitute 'A combining of two individuals based on the glowing facets of love found only amongst separate souls finally united under the arches of marriage to form a family unit which holds both affection and deep knowledge that they hold the blessings available only to those who have a mutual affection, intimacy, attachment and endearment towards each other'.
Hi Dan!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no need to qualify it. there is no marriage outside of the law!!
seriously dude, you really need to learn at least the very basics of the issue you are discussing....the definition of what you are talking about would be a good start...
sheesh!
That's funny.

Marriage has existed in every single culture of known human history. Most of the time outside of law.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
What the F????
'A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders'???
What other flavorful concoctions of absolute BULLSHIT can you recite?
Well....we can advise that gay marriages constitute 'A combining of two individuals based on the glowing facets of love found only amongst separate souls finally united under the arches of marriage to form a family unit which holds both affection and deep knowledge that they hold the blessings available only to those who have a mutual affection, intimacy, attachment and endearment towards each other'.
Playing dumb, or really an idiot?

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah....right.
Same sexed couples who are married are within the confines of the term 'marriage' you dolt.
Equality. Learn the word before you wield it like a tool.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Suuuure you have.
You're too chickenshit to divulge your name let alone who you are.
Throwing rocks over a wall is no different than running away little man, "Frankie".- DC
Francis seems to have run away...again...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to a divorced couple fighting over who gets the house, the china set, the 2 dogs and a cat and custody of their 3 kids not to mention what number is needed for alimony and child support in terms of "the blend of masculinity and femininity".
WTF do you know about the blend of good tasting roasted Columbian coffee let alone the desired blend of American couples who make the grade you moron.
Been married 36 years.

Worked professionally with marriage and family.

Married hundreds of couples.

In 8000 years of human history, every single culture has had marriage.

Not one single culture has accepted ss couples as married from start to finish. Not one!

Like I said, idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So women can't have children out of wedlock?
Who knew?!!!
Men can't knock up the waitress at Hooters on a one night stand only to find out he has a son who plays for Warner Junior High School 13 years later?
Who knew?!!!
Orphans cannot be adopted by loving gay families only to live a healthy childhood rather than be brought up by a ruler beating nuns with attitudes at Sister Clarissa's Home For Abandoned Children?
Who knew?!!!!
---Well jackass....either you're just CHOCK full of knowledge or about as bright as a snail thinking he's going to cross the Salt Flats in Utah for a worlds record.
You keep verifying your idiocy.

Where did I say kids are not possible outside of marriage?

I specifically qualified 'the best and natural' to distinguish for

people with simple common sense.

You failed idiot.

Agian.

Snicker.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
Marriage has existed in every single culture of known human history. Most of the time outside of law.
Smirk.
seriously, you fool/ you didn't learn form the last time you pulled bullshit like this out of your ass?

OK, where and when did this happen? again please cite the specific examples and the references used to back them up...

only a complete fool would try to toss out such obvious bullshit twice, especially to someone who obviously knows about the subject he is posting on...

c'mon this'll be fun, give those examples...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as i have asked you many times, give me prooof youa re for marriage equality. tell me how equal in every single way same sex couple marriage is to opposite sex couple marriage.
this should be very simple for you...
then you could also stop backing those people who post hateful things about homosexuals and gay marriage to help prove your point, but you still do that, don't you?
don't worry, i totally expect you to run away from this as you have in the past several times...
As I've told you before. I see no need to prove anything to you. Suppose your paranoia is justified and I really am against marriage equality. So what?

Let's cut through all your bullshit. I support marriage equality and you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep verifying your idiocy.
Where did I say kids are not possible outside of marriage?
I specifically qualified 'the best and natural' to distinguish for
people with simple common sense.
You failed idiot.
Agian.
Snicker.
Dan is such a dope. Now he's "Don Sclio". Priceless. Same old angry dummy, new sock.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do realize not all gay male couples practice anal sex, don't you?
and gay woman surely don't,(well, many people of all sexual identities realize and utilize the anal erogenous zone...you wouldn't know about this from you exclusively solo sexual life..)
in fact, SSM IS totally equal to opposite sex couple marriages. this s a basic fact and the law of the land, now.
again, you attempts to post clear and provable bullshit as fact have been called out and you cannot counter them in any way...
"Totally equal"? Physical impossibility. Is "equal" equal to sugar? A male lesbian to a female lesbian? A Boy Scout to a Girl Scout? A mother to a father? A Woodtick to a deer tick?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no need to qualify it. there is no marriage outside of the law!!
sheesh!
Of course there's marriage outside of the law. People can and do marry spiritually, religiously, between each other as in a "common law" manner.
Scion

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Too many scions are habit forming.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 186,021 - 186,040 of200,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 min Sins of the Father 4,859
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Review: Adecco Staffing Services 6 hr Amrita Singh 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... Thu candylee 1
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••