Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214328 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Rizzo, someone again is changing what I said a few minutes ago and they used your name that you may be writing on my posts, but I did not write that and they changed alot of what I said. I just wanted you to know. They have my name on the post with no number because I think it makes it look like I wrote myself. Someone is using my name.
It ain't me. I don't read your overly wordy and moronic posts but I caught my name while skipping over yet another of them.

I find it very funny that I get blamed is all. No harm. I'm cool, I like it. It amuses me.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#214329 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on moving on. I did not write 214187 and never have been a drugger, prostitute and only drank on occasion. My husband is very upset over someone changing my posts in here and we think it may be Frank Rizzo since he seems to be an antagonist and not contributing to this forum. I have not yet contacted anyone outside of my family and friends on this but may soon. The bottom line is if homosexuals followed Christ and what was written in the Scriptures they could shed themselves of being gay and find themselves under the grace of God.
Dan? is that you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214330 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Then move on already.
Topix will solve the problem soon. They'll just ban me!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#214332 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read the Bible, because you really do even have a clue what I am talking about. You must be attending one of those so-called churches that teach what you want to hear and not what the Scripture teaches of which Apostle Paul did write about.
I did not say that I was perfect and if I did, please tell me where? I said that we do not practice sin as sin is defined in Scripture mainly found in Galatians Chapter 5. In everything that our family does, we think right aways "does Jesus approve of what we are doing". We have been living that type of life for many years. I also did say that in First Corinthians Chapter 5, Apostle Paul talks about what should happen to a Christian if he falls from Grace and it is very clear what God expects. I also quoted from First Corinthians Chapter 3 which talks about building your foundation on Christ. He says "Are you building your foundation on wood, hay or stubble or are you building your foundation on gold, silver or precious stones?". Wood, hay and stubble is not referring to sin as sin is defined in Scripture, for the Scripture says that "Should we sin that Grace may abound? God forbid. Wood, Hay and Stubble is referring to things that do not please God at times like getting upset for something that you could work out. Being mad at a friend and not working it out etc. First Corinthians chapter 3 makes it very clear that if you put on your foundation of wood, hay or stubble (not pleasing to God), you will still be saved, yet so by fire, but there are so many verses pertaining to sins that will not be forgiven if you contine in them in Galatians Chapter 5 where it says clearly talking about sins of the flesh and they will not be forgiven in verse 17-21 and it ends up that they which do such things shall not inheret the Kingdom of God.
We believe that if we walk in the Spirit in everything that we do, we will not fall into sins of the flesh. We are extremely careful in all that we watch on TV, listening to Radio and not talk about things that God would feel that are lustful. I do not understand why a person who says that they are a Christian would not know this in the first place. Do you think for one moment that God who is our Creator would just let things of lust slide and not punish them that do those things? If that is what you believe then I pity you.
you're the one that proclaimed themselves to be free of the sins described in the bible.

....and you're not "walking in the spirit" in everything you do. i can plainly see that in your posts here. stop fooling yourselves with this sanctimonious attitude.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

#214333 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it blame Frankie. Now I'm gonna get banished again! Disappeared. Gone. Like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic. Thanks a lot toots.
Frank I did not write your name on my post, I wrote another note to you after I see what happened. I did not report you either. I have actually not reported anyone person. I let topix know that someone out there is changing my words continually and I wanted them to check on this ASAP. Believe me, I will not report anything that you have said. By my husband's request, I am going off the forum, but I am trying my best to correct the comments about whoever is doing this to me. I really do not know that they banish anyone. I have only been on this forum for 1 month and so have you been banished before? Perhaps, that is what they will do to me also because I quote Scripture, but it will not make any diffence because my husband wants me to go to another forum. In this country now, Scripture is being thrown out of schools, some churches ( I use to attend one & had to leave because they did not believe in the Old Testament), government buildings etc., but as I told you, my husband wants me to go off at the end of today. If you see something else, please do not pay attention because I would not do that to you. I was going to have someone looked into last evening, but now I do not think they had anything to do with what happened. Topix usually takes a few days to get back, so I hope they will find who is trying to ruin my life on the forum, but regardless, it is not worth my time or energy anymore and certainly not my health. Thanks Frank.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#214334 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the guy he sent packing?
MLK would never have accepted calling SS couples married.
sent packing? gee, must've been after they worked together to orgainze the march on washington, or perhaps form the Southern Christian Leadership Council...or maybe because some nutjob assassinated MLK in 1963....or maybe he decided to go and head a new trade union movement as the AFLCIO invited him to do after the civil rights act of 1964 was passed....
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USArusti...
"Wilkins also feared that the fact that Rustin had been imprisoned several times for both refusing to fight in the armed forces and for acts of homosexuality, would be used against him in the days leading up to the march. However, Martin Luther King and Philip Randolph insisted that he was the best person for the job.

Wilkins was right to be concerned about a possible smear campaign against Rustin. Edgar Hoover, head of the Federal Bureau of Investigations, had been keeping a file on Rustin for many years. An FBI undercover agent managed to take a photograph of Rustin talking to King while he was having a bath. This photograph was then used to support false stories being circulated that Rustin was having a homosexual relationship with King.

This information was now passed on to white politicians in the Deep South who feared that a successful march on Washington would persuade President Lyndon B. Johnson to sponsor a proposed new civil rights act. Storm Thurmond led the campaign against Rustin making several speeches where he described him as a "communist, draft dodger and homosexual".

Most newspapers condemned the idea of a mass march on Washington. An editorial in the New York Herald Tribune warned that: "If Negro leaders persist in their announced plans to march 100,000-strong on the capital they will be jeopardizing their cause. The ugly part of this particular mass protest is its implication of unconstrained violence if Congress doesn't deliver."

The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on 28th August, 1963, was a great success. Estimates on the size of the crowd varied from between 250,000 to 400,000. Speakers included Philip Randolph (AFL-CIO), Martin Luther King (SCLC), Floyd McKissick (CORE), John Lewis (SNCC), Roy Wilkins (NAACP), Witney Young (National Urban League) and Walter Reuther (AFL-CIO). King was the final speaker and made his famous I Have a Dream speech.

Rustin was highly valued by the trade union movement, and when the AFL-CIO decided in 1965 to fund a new civil rights organisation, the Philip Randolph Institute, he was asked to be its leader. Names after his close friend, Philip Randolph, Rustin worked for the organization until 1979.

In his final years Rustin was active in the protests against the Vietnam War and in the gay rights movement. In 1986 he claimed: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community. Because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."

Bayard Rustin died in New York on 24th August, 1987."
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#214341 Sep 4, 2013
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>---
----
Homosexuality is not a choice! Drugs, alcohol, and prostitution are choices.
Really?, drug users put stuff into their body usually knowing it is bad but they like the high and do it anyways. Prostitutes let people put things into their body, knowing it may not be right but they like the money and do it anyways. Homosexuals have homo sex for personal pleasure, willingly putting, or letting people put things into their body, otherwise if it was forceful it would be rape. Don't put weird schit into your body and you'll be fine. Dr. Hetero.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#214342 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I get banned often. Bad Frankie! Must be punished. It amuses me. Means I am being very effective.
I like the way you rile up the fruitloops. Better than me! Carry on.
Like a weird sit-com. Be back next weel....f-man put to the screw for someone elses attempt at idiot humor. Yuk yuk a doodle doo>
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#214343 Sep 4, 2013
next week dumb asss.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#214344 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down fruitloops you're screaming.
Thanks, got that outta my system, phew!
dribbling

Monrovia, CA

#214345 Sep 4, 2013
This is just a general notice to the knuckle heads that post dribbling c r a p e r s binders.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214346 Sep 4, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
sent packing? gee, must've been after they worked together to orgainze the march on washington, or perhaps form the Southern Christian Leadership Council...or maybe because some nutjob assassinated MLK in 1963....or maybe he decided to go and head a new trade union movement as the AFLCIO invited him to do after the civil rights act of 1964 was passed....
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USArusti...
"Wilkins also feared that the fact that Rustin had been imprisoned several times for both refusing to fight in the armed forces and for acts of homosexuality, would be used against him in the days leading up to the march. However, Martin Luther King and Philip Randolph insisted that he was the best person for the job.
Wilkins was right to be concerned about a possible smear campaign against Rustin. Edgar Hoover, head of the Federal Bureau of Investigations, had been keeping a file on Rustin for many years. An FBI undercover agent managed to take a photograph of Rustin talking to King while he was having a bath. This photograph was then used to support false stories being circulated that Rustin was having a homosexual relationship with King.
This information was now passed on to white politicians in the Deep South who feared that a successful march on Washington would persuade President Lyndon B. Johnson to sponsor a proposed new civil rights act. Storm Thurmond led the campaign against Rustin making several speeches where he described him as a "communist, draft dodger and homosexual".
Most newspapers condemned the idea of a mass march on Washington. An editorial in the New York Herald Tribune warned that: "If Negro leaders persist in their announced plans to march 100,000-strong on the capital they will be jeopardizing their cause. The ugly part of this particular mass protest is its implication of unconstrained violence if Congress doesn't deliver."
The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on 28th August, 1963, was a great success. Estimates on the size of the crowd varied from between 250,000 to 400,000. Speakers included Philip Randolph (AFL-CIO), Martin Luther King (SCLC), Floyd McKissick (CORE), John Lewis (SNCC), Roy Wilkins (NAACP), Witney Young (National Urban League) and Walter Reuther (AFL-CIO). King was the final speaker and made his famous I Have a Dream speech.
Rustin was highly valued by the trade union movement, and when the AFL-CIO decided in 1965 to fund a new civil rights organisation, the Philip Randolph Institute, he was asked to be its leader. Names after his close friend, Philip Randolph, Rustin worked for the organization until 1979.
In his final years Rustin was active in the protests against the Vietnam War and in the gay rights movement. In 1986 he claimed: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community. Because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."
Bayard Rustin died in New York on 24th August, 1987."
Sent him packing. Heard it on NPR on the anniversary.

Never the less, MLK never would have gone for calling SS couples married.

You know that.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214347 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah. I know. Gay believer GOOD. Straight believer BAD!
Is this the "real" Frankie, or someone who's just pretending to be Frankie?

If you read my post then you'll note that I said I don't care which side of the SSM issue you fall on. I don't go after people who don't support SSM or those who do support SSM when it comes to their belief in Christ.

If you remember Laughing Man, he frequently claimed that he did not believe in Christ. It wasn't an issue for me. I didn't attack him for it. So why should I attack anyone else?

I'm not a pastor. At best I "witness"--which has always been an odd verb if you ask me. But basically all that means is that I tell my story, I repeat my beliefs, and that's it.

I debate people when they try to tell me that I should believe otherwise.

Now, back to this notion of you being impersonated... So, we're to believe that any "nasty" comments made under your name have been done by an impersonator? Really?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214348 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the guy he sent packing?
MLK would never have accepted calling SS couples married.
Isn't that interesting? You're now the mouthpiece for Dr. King...

Coretta Scott King made the following comments in 2004 as the right-wing zealots tried to bring about a Constitutional Amendment that would have made same-sex marriage illegal: "Gay and lesbian people have families, and their families should have legal protection, whether by marriage or civil union. A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages is a form of gay bashing and it would do nothing at all to protect traditional marriages."

So, who should we believe? You? Or the woman who was married to Dr. King?
Floater

Monrovia, CA

#214349 Sep 4, 2013
What happened to the posting topic floater?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#214350 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the "real" Frankie, or someone who's just pretending to be Frankie?
If you read my post then you'll note that I said I don't care which side of the SSM issue you fall on. I don't go after people who don't support SSM or those who do support SSM when it comes to their belief in Christ.
If you remember Laughing Man, he frequently claimed that he did not believe in Christ. It wasn't an issue for me. I didn't attack him for it. So why should I attack anyone else?
I'm not a pastor. At best I "witness"--which has always been an odd verb if you ask me. But basically all that means is that I tell my story, I repeat my beliefs, and that's it.
I debate people when they try to tell me that I should believe otherwise.
Now, back to this notion of you being impersonated... So, we're to believe that any "nasty" comments made under your name have been done by an impersonator? Really?
Too stoopid to understand sarcasm. Sheeesh!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214351 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that interesting? You're now the mouthpiece for Dr. King...
Coretta Scott King made the following comments in 2004 as the right-wing zealots tried to bring about a Constitutional Amendment that would have made same-sex marriage illegal: "Gay and lesbian people have families, and their families should have legal protection, whether by marriage or civil union. A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages is a form of gay bashing and it would do nothing at all to protect traditional marriages."
So, who should we believe? You? Or the woman who was married to Dr. King?
And her own daughter disputes that view, as her father would too.

Maintaining marriage as it has been historically and cross culturally is 'gay bashing'???

MLK was too smart to make such a stupid statement.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214353 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. MLK was for liberating those who were oppressed. His focus at the time was obviously for the injustices focused towards blacks in this country but it's easy to see how his views would have extended to the gay populace. Added to that is his wife's testimony and the fact you cannot put words into the mouth of a dead man. There are no indications he would have not supported gay marriage. In fact it's the opposite. To lay claim he would have would be akin to claiming Albert Einstein would have rather used a set of tarot cards to determine wind resistance on space bound rockets rather than utilize scientific means. Martin Luther King was a man about freedom, not a man who supported limitations of the same.
Your analogy is ridiculous.

I don't doubt that MLK would have supported equal rights for GLBTs.

Calling a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half 'marriage' would not fly.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214357 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Post number 214346 written by you;
"Never the less, MLK never would have gone for calling SS couples married."
And now you do a 180 by advising this;
"I don't doubt that MLK would have supported equal rights for GLBTs."
So which is it? You don't make sense by offering your opinion based on two polar opposing views. It's somewhat like going to a pancake house while moaning you're dying to eat a stack of 10 of them smothered in maple syrup for breakfast while telling the waitress you hate flapjacks with a passion.
So which is it? Do you believe MLK would have supported gay marriage or not?
Ss couples do not equate to marriage.

Being treated fairly is another issue.

This is not difficult.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214358 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly.
That or it's too advanced for you to fully grasp.
Now you are just being troll stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Bushnell & Assoc - Ronald G Bushnell CPA (Feb '11) Sat fringe 2
News Ruckus Stock Roars On School Wi-Fi, Cable TV Jul 31 wirelesswatch 1
News Former Santa Cruz mayor, husband, sued for sexu... Jul 22 anon 10
Does anyone know Jon Scottie Clarke......a prop... Jun '15 scottie clarke 1
News Talking with ... One of the nation's leading di... Jun '15 newsfail 2
It's a Justice County and don't you forget it. ... Jun '15 Gang Stalking 1
News Aircraft noise activists seek ear of FAA via FA... Jun '15 Agents of Corruption 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages