Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213108 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie I don't care if you think I am gay, I don't consider it an insult, I don't happen to be, but I honestly don't care.
We as a country now have federal recognition of same sex marriage in all 50 states, I don't think it has sunk in yet, not even with the gay community.
Today's news is huge.
Consider this, the couple that brought their case to the supreme court to have DOMA overturned, would not have that problem now if they had married in New York, but moved to Alabama, their federal taxes would be as married.
They just won some 80% of the battle today, do they even realize it yet?
I don't care if you're gay, just surprised, you always claimed to be straight.

It's of only casual interest to me, I like to see justice done, but it's not so exciting for me as it is to you. Just means I'll be invited to a few gay weddings (good) but have to pay more taxes (bad).

I get no tax breaks you married people get. Talk about unfair. Guess I could gay marry my fishing buddy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213110 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Err...
'Helpful Hints'...your internet buddy...would disagree with you Ace.
LOL!!!
Who would that be? You? YUK!YUK!YUK! We're not buddies Jiz.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213114 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
And I could care less if I make you angry, push you to urinate 34 times a day versus the usual 6 or give you bloodshot eyes.
If you had any facts you would have presented them and they would have held steadfast you dumbshit - you only have a basket full of opinions so look again.
It's not "my cause" dumbass. Fact is I'm not gay but can clearly see the homosexuals' right to be able to marry in this country given our makeup as a nation and the adherence to the Constitution. You on the other hand only hold a dislike of gays.
Incest by and of itself is illegal for a variety of reasons and is completely separate from gay marriage as it is from heterosexual marriage (men marrying their daughter kinda thing you complete fuckin loser).
Get a grip. Get a job and get a life.
Get a grip Dan. Too funny! Temper temper!
Climbing

Monrovia, CA

#213116 Aug 29, 2013
102'F and climbing, what a great day.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213117 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws are based on principle, fact, purpose and direction.
Read the Constitution some day. Might wake up those 3 brain cells you may have.
FYI and good luck.
Is that where it says everything is OK as long as it doesn't "afford viable harm"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213118 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anger???
ROFL!!!!!!
Better get your money back from that crystal ball you bought in the street corner alley friend. You got BAMBOOZLED.
No. I'm not angry but believe in what you want.
The fact you link the ability for same sexed couples to marry to the absolute asinine idea a father would marry his son is the same as advising the allowance of heterosexual marriage availability to opening the floodgates of men marrying their daughters.
You're just being stupid and I hope you and more like you show up to fight same sexed marriages because you're LOST buddy.
LOL!!!
"same sexed" What a moron.
Comet

Monrovia, CA

#213119 Aug 29, 2013
Spank o - frank o, thought you had dried up like the other vomits who post here?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213123 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
I don't understand why we should lump grown men marrying their daughters and women marrying their daughters into this discussion.
You're so smart. How long does it take you to unwrap a JollyRancher candy?
65 minutes or more????
LOL!!!
I am not advocating children incest marrying. Are you advocating children gay marrying? I don't think so. Glad we got you up to speed on that dummy. Don't try to pull it again OK? Great!

In the words of your great hero, the moron Rose_NoHo- "Even if that were true it would be a non issue."

I don't understand why you use the civil rights of blacks as a reason for gay civil rights and then you complain it doesn't apply if two brothers use it to support their rights.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213125 Aug 29, 2013
Comet wrote:
Spank o - frank o, thought you had dried up like the other vomits who post here?
Dan inspired me to come out of retirement for a bit. Old Sniffbutt Bill too. And Jizzy. The thread is just too target rich! Can't help it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213127 Aug 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I show you how same-sex relationships go beyond opposite-sex relationships?
--Same-sex relationships exist in spite of the odds that are stacked against them
--The very nature of expressing one's attraction to another member of the same gender, in this day and age, can result in loss of family, occupation, lifelong friendships, the ability to live peacefully in their community...
--Expressing same-sex attractions not only results in the very real possibility of loss, but it can also open up a person to violent physical and emotional abuse; brought by those who are determined to intrude on a person's freedom to express a very basic and personal characteristic.
--Homosexuality is not a widespread orientation. There are far more heterosexuals out there than homosexuals.
--That a gay person is able to find someone to whom they are attracted, pursue that person, and then find a reciprocal attraction is evidence a power greater than you might think.
--Once they have found one another, the shit storm comes at them once again. See, many people can accept that a person is gay. They just don't want to SEE a person being gay.
Same-sex couples are VERY careful about where and when they express their affections for one another.
Heterosexual people are groomed for these kinds of open displays of affection from an early age--through dating, dances, family encouragement... Society is much more forgiving of them if they hold hands on the beach, sit side-by-side in a restaurant, share a kiss at the airport, etc...
But same-sex couples aren't allowed to do these things without risking personal safety or the vocal disapproval of "moral intruders".
And yet we do it. In spite of all that could happen by just expression our attractions, we still do it.
--So, that two gay men or gay women are able to find themselves in a happy, supportive, love-based relationship; that is a miracle in and of itself. It takes much more courage, a greater degree of commitment, and very likely a better understanding of what love is.
--Gay people have to look at the serious costs and benefits of a relationship that straight people do not have to look at. We have to have studied it, girded ourselves, and be willing to accept any consequences that "moral intruders" may throw our way.
This makes same-sex relationships easily equal to any other relationship out there.
You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.
This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judge to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting.
I think that sums it up nicely...
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...

Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;

Ss couples have it harder.

That's your superiority?

Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.

But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.

Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;

In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213130 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Facts. And it is obvious that all you have is your anger and you want to get in a pissing fight.
If all I had were opinions, then you would not be so upset.
If you are not gay, I believe you, then why shouldn't gays and you support the same sex incest right to marry.
Is that your best, you claim that I dislike gays, so does that mean that you dislike parents, brothers and sisters?
Constitution? Please show me in the constitution where it gives gays the right to a same sex marriage and not blood relatives of the same sex? Come on, this should be easy.
Also, you forgot. Why were you originally opposed to same sex marriage? What was your rational educated reason for THAT decision?
Incest is only illegal in as much as homosexuality was also illegal. You said that incest was for men marrying their daughters, the medical harm to children, so what does that have to do with two adult brothers marrying?
So, far, your reason for denying same sex adult sibling marriage, is because of men marrying their daughters. That would be a fail.
Job? You mean, I should hire myself or my presence here today, opposed to your presence here everyday implies what????
Looks like you are losing your grip, if you ever had one. Try this again, what is your constitutional and nondiscriminatory reason to deny adult same sex incest marriages? And why is it your business if your dad wants to marry your brother? Mind your own business and stay out of their bedroom.
Wrong again, in fourteen states, two people of the same sex can be married, yes 14, BTW Washington DC also allows same sex marriage. Soon other states will follow. One day, and not to far off, all 50 states. One more thing more than 50% of this Nation, is in favor of same sex marriage. Oh and another bit of law, a state Constitution amendment, is not needed to allow same sex mariage. Just look at the 14 states and Washington DC. and you will find that to be true. What is true is this, there is nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero that YOU and all the Bible Beating Fundies can do about it.

Find the amendment in the US Constitution, that allows for opposite sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213131 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny isn't it. The fact we can see the truths in this topic of gays marrying labels us as gay when it has nothing to do with it.
Odd thing is I myself was against gay marriage a few years ago until I gave it actual thought but I doubt these fools who barricade themselves from all the facts want to know that either.
Your posts are insightful, clear and crisp. You won't reach those unwilling to know the earth is not flat however. I face the same.
LOL!!!
Too funny!
FreshAnEasyer

Monrovia, CA

#213134 Aug 29, 2013
The great state of California, 45 percent of likely voters are Democrats, 32 percent are Republicans, 19 percent are independents and 5 percent identify with other parties.

But good news, 41 percent of independents lean toward Democratic Party candidates.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213137 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the words on your paper seems to disagree with you...
Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
So, which is it, Kim? Did God slaughter the people of Sodom because of homosexuality; exemplified by the story where the men of Sodom demanded to have intercourse with the angels and Lot refused by offering to send his virgin daughters (women) out to have sex with a bunch of gay men?
Or did God destroy Sodom because it was prideful, abundant, stingy, and idle?
Maybe I'll stick to the "Voice in my head", which is the Holy Spirit. You can run to your book and pull out of it whatever you like and hammer the rest of society into submission through fear mongering.
First, you tried to deceive. I called you on it.

Second, you used the Bible first. Now it is invalid???

Third, there is no conflict. The incident clearly shows just how inhospitality showed up when visitors came.

No fear, no mongering. Just simple common sense.

You, on the other hand, distort and desecrate something you assert you believe in. It is reprobate behavior.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213139 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, in fourteen states, two people of the same sex can be married, yes 14, BTW Washington DC also allows same sex marriage. Soon other states will follow. One day, and not to far off, all 50 states. One more thing more than 50% of this Nation, is in favor of same sex marriage. Oh and another bit of law, a state Constitution amendment, is not needed to allow same sex mariage. Just look at the 14 states and Washington DC. and you will find that to be true. What is true is this, there is nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero that YOU and all the Bible Beating Fundies can do about it.
Find the amendment in the US Constitution, that allows for opposite sex marriage.
The sooner homosexuals get marriage equality the better for other good people being denied it. You know, those people you don't like.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213140 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go target yourself a wife and some friends and we might be rid of your sorry ass for awhile.
LOL!!!
Once again, not a good argument Dan. It's just dumb ad hominem which reveals your anger and desperation.

What's your wife do while you cruise the gay forums?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213143 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your feelings about those who scoff at the ideas brought forth by the Constitution?
What a moronic question.
Let the end come soon

United States

#213145 Aug 29, 2013
Liberals are anti-God. He is an intellectually dishonest, unprincipled, mentally immature, spoiled child who is forever in search of a world without moral consequence. That is why the Liberal makes "The State" his god. The Liberal worships THE STATE. The Liberal attempts to use his god (government) to eliminate all moral consequences for immoral behavior. In the name of "Justice," the Liberal also pretends to make his god (The State) "level" all peoples so that the wise or the beautiful or the genius will have no advantage over the unwise, the ugly and the simpleton in the marketplace. The Liberal calls this tyrannical State of Government, UTOPIA.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213147 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The sooner homosexuals get marriage equality the better for other good people being denied it. You know, those people you don't like.
What are you rambeling on about now.
Slow Mac s

Monrovia, CA

#213150 Aug 29, 2013
McDonalds etc. Fast Food, Retail Workers Stage One-Day Strike For Higher Wages, good for them. They need a collective bargaining union.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/fast-f...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower Tue Anthony V 104
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Tue Anthony V 27
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Dec 15 Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2
For Google's self-driving cars, learning to dea... Dec 12 Truth 6
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 12 Dom Boyd 18
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:31PM
Most Crucial Matchups in 49ers' Game vs. Chargers
Bleacher Report10:53 PM
San Diego Chargers vs. San Francisco 49ers: Breaking Down San Diego's Game Plan
NBC Sports 3:45 AM
49ers players react to "unfortunate" Ray McDonald situation
Bleacher Report 4:15 AM
Is It Jim Harbaugh or Bust for the Oakland Raiders in 2015?
NFL 5:24 AM
Philip Rivers (back, chest): 'No doubt' I'll face 49ers