Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,232)

Showing posts 184,621 - 184,640 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212969
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you are Jonah posing as a straight.
Snicker.
Nope, he's all on his own. But if I were straight, I'd damn sure want to be like him and not pathetically like you!! Oh, but wait, you aren't straight right? You're a male lesbian who ate his twin sibling in the womb or some other such nonsense!!!

You are such a stupid, pathetic jackass Gregory!!!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212970
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse a gay judge with the millions of Californians who voted my definition of marriage.
Twice!
Smile.
You confuse the 80 findings of a judge whom you are completely unable to demonstrate any bias, with the outdated votes on an unconstitutional amendment.

Smile dear. You lost. All your fantasyland twirling can't change that! You and yours LOST. You lose more everyday! Your denial of that is hilarious and pathetically sad at the same time!

Smile. Twice!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212971
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gregory Kirshmann and Tampax bring you today's Fantasy Hour!!!
At it's "most basic essence"!!! Clutch those pearls Madge!!!
Dan, are you a straight man trapped in a twit?

That's a bummer of a chimera!!!

Snicker.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212972
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, are you a straight man trapped in a twit?
That's a bummer of a chimera!!!
Snicker.
Now imagine Jesus kneeling at the rock with the glow around his head and the bubble over his head "Dan, are you a straight man trapped in a twit?"

And you have the picture!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212975
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly we think you are a stupid jackass catty bitch.
Smile dear!
Who is "we"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212977
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now imagine Jesus kneeling at the rock with the glow around his head and the bubble over his head "Dan, are you a straight man trapped in a twit?"
And you have the picture!
Wha? Run that by me again. You want him to imagine your sky fairy talking to Dan?

Give us the picture!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212978
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Learn to read. He said that I could not teach them anything. I made an allegory. He did not refer to anyone and neither did I. In fact, it had to do with the nature of homosexuality and that the disorder is a disorder. Sorry, no poster was referred to.
My words, not yours, Ace.
Funny, how you prove yourself by signing off with a name call. Even if I were to call you a name, it would be a response and warranted. It is sad that this is all you got. Bar none.
You'll have to excuse Dan. He is a dope. Very angry too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212979
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Your inability to refute a previous post, given a second chance is evidence of your lack of any rebuttal. Truth is, the fact that gays can marry the opposite sex is a non-issue. Besides, there was a time when the law of the land in Germany was accepted to exterminate Jews, Apartheid was a given in South Africa and enslavement of blacks was a worldly idea at once. the existence of something does not validate it.
The numbers are 37 states for normal marriages and 187 countries for normal marriages. By far a sweeping disapproval of same sex marriages.
let it go yourself- if you do not see it as your business, then do not vote and do not say a word if your dad wishes to have sex with and marry your adult brother. That too would be none of your business.
Wrong, you are down to 36 states and still dropping
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212982
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Hey Einstein...
...this is a forum for debate.
Down come coffee and vitamin B you dumbass.
If you still don't get it you better get your box of Kleenex within an arms length.
I have read alot of your posts and I do not believe that you are on the forum to discuss like alot of the people on the forum. It seems as though you want to argue or call people names. It would certainly be nice if people out there could somehow find a way to respect each others opinions. Is this the way you treat your family? People that do these things are usually very unhappy about their lives and hurt others. Make a change in your life and ask Christ to come into your life and you will never regret what the Holy Spirit can do for you.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212983
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you are confused.
I simply pointed out irrefutable distinctions between SS couples and marriage.
You correctly assert aimed that those differences disqualified SS couples.
SS marriage is an oxymoron.
Awww, are you confused butternipples. Facts are facts, same sex marriage is equal to that of opposite sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212985
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you are down to 36 states and still dropping
Aw, give him one measly state you stingy bastid! 36, 37 whatever. Right? Come on.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212987
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry friend, it was only shot down by the gay judge once. The issue now is standing and that is the only issue. The CSSC refused to hear the proponents claim that the ruling was limited, but only based on the standing ruling. The proponents have to wait for a county clerk to be fired for not complying or wait until the AG and Governor change. This fight began in 1994, almost 20 years ago. If gays are willing to challenge such things as Prop 8 when it is legally approved, then you can bet we will wait too.
There are three federal initiatives to define marriage as only man and woman. The longer this goes on, the worse it is for gays. Evidenced by the California law which now says that children k-12 must share bathrooms with transgenders of the opposite sex. Gays have a foot in mouth disease.
Bigger ol grin.
You seem to not be able to read.

Prop 8 was shot down by a Federal Judge, that was upheld by the Court of appeals. SCOTUS shot the case down, due to lack of standing. That ruling then returned it back to the Federal Judge. Now as you can see California's Supreme Court stands by the Federal Judge. EVERY county in California has to issue marriage licences. NO if's and's or but's. Its the law sunshine.

"California's Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the San Diego County clerk's request to immediately halt same-sex marriages in the state, the latest, if not necessarily last, key ruling in a years-long legal fight.

The decision was announced in a brief ruling, which said: "The request for an immediate temporary stay or injunctive relief is denied."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/23/justice/califor...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212988
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, we are up to 37 states and still rising.
New Mexico is not a SSM state, but you know, that but would rather lie. All New Mexico has to do is change their marriage laws in those two counties, to make them same sex exclusive. You know, that is called a state DOMA.
No you are not, you are ignoring the marriages licenses that are being presented in New Mexico

Yes it is, it was 50 states a few years ago that did not recognize SSM, it was 38 at the beginning of this year now it is 36

Not an opinion... a fact
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212989
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read alot of your posts and I do not believe that you are on the forum to discuss like alot of the people on the forum. It seems as though you want to argue or call people names. It would certainly be nice if people out there could somehow find a way to respect each others opinions. Is this the way you treat your family? People that do these things are usually very unhappy about their lives and hurt others. Make a change in your life and ask Christ to come into your life and you will never regret what the Holy Spirit can do for you.
What does Jesus have to do with same sex marriage, this thread or anything to do with the Government?????
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212990
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Business idea: Make land mines looking like prayer rugs. Sell in Middle East. Call Adhan. Prophets go thru roof.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212991
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, we are up to 37 states and still rising.
New Mexico is not a SSM state, but you know, that but would rather lie. All New Mexico has to do is change their marriage laws in those two counties, to make them same sex exclusive. You know, that is called a state DOMA.
DOMA was a federal mandate, BTW shot down. You see the Federal Government can not define marriage, that is a state issue. Btw DOMA was shot down. In case you missed it Same sex Marriage is legal in 14 states as well as Washington DC, oh and BTW DOMA was shot down. Its like talking to an infant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212992
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read alot of your posts and I do not believe that you are on the forum to discuss like alot of the people on the forum. It seems as though you want to argue or call people names. It would certainly be nice if people out there could somehow find a way to respect each others opinions. Is this the way you treat your family? People that do these things are usually very unhappy about their lives and hurt others. Make a change in your life and ask Christ to come into your life and you will never regret what the Holy Spirit can do for you.
Yes. I agree. Jizzy (aka Sameolddummy) needs Jesus in his life real bad.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212993
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>What does Jesus have to do with same sex marriage, this thread or anything to do with the Government?????
She's just trying to help you Jizzy. Jesus loves you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212994
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not, you are ignoring the marriages licenses that are being presented in New Mexico
Yes it is, it was 50 states a few years ago that did not recognize SSM, it was 38 at the beginning of this year now it is 36
Not an opinion... a fact
36, 37, yes it is, no it's not. 50 states bla bla bla. Oy vey!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212995
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I h ave notice that most of them are angry.
LOL!!! Fundie 101. When unable to support your arguments, label your opponents as "angry". Your routine is tired, just like your unsupported drivel. Must suck to go through life being as lame and desperate as you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,621 - 184,640 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 18 hr Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA Mon Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
San Lorenzo man pleads not guilty to beating (Apr '09) Jul 18 annonymous 46
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••