Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,229)

Showing posts 184,561 - 184,580 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of why you're not worth debating.
Then why do you continuously debate him? Because your opinions are worthless, that's why.

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Not only can a new born child not talk it can not know. Wrong, the APA and all psychiatrists specify that homosexuality is not a conscious choice. Neither is snoring, but there is also no snoring gene.
Yes,you are so right! The APA states that being gay is NOT a conscious choice,meaning it is innate! Thank you for admitting that! And by the way a left handed gene has also not been found but the scientific consensus is there is a left handed gene,it just hasn't been found yet!The very same goes for gayness being as you already admitted an innate psychological state!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Pat Robertson is about as balanced as a lifetime member of the KKK thinking he should run the Department of Education for the U.S.
We ran support for homeless in Kailua-Kona for years.

Pat Robertson matched funds for rent, utilities and medical treatment without asking for one thing in return.

I don't agree with everything he says, but then again, I don't agree with most of what you say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
My opinion???

That's your reasoned argument?

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked a question and I answered it. My favorite part of your nauseating poem was the line "in the end".
I think your wrestle with this issue and your unconscious lets it slip every so often.
"Give it to him 'in the end!.'"
So your favorite part of a simple summary of the distinctions of marriage is a perverted twist of 'in the end'?

You not only prove your perversion, you expose your inability to equate ss couples with marriage.

But hey, maybe you got distracted by the opening line.

If I've unfairly judged, please, show me where one statement is wrong. Or better yet, show me how a ss couple equates.

In the end,
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Regurgitating another looney bastard's post is hardly evidence of proof nor fact.
Truth is the idea gays should not marry in this country is lessening day by day...I myself am evidence of that let alone the growing number of states allowing gays to unite under marriage.
Let it go - it's none of your business if Tom wants to marry Steve you moron.
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Please, what part of my post is 'looney'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys totally miss the boat on the Sins of Sodom...
"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy."
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.

Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you continuously debate him? Because your opinions are worthless, that's why.
I don't.

I usually ignore him and you.

Smile.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So your favorite part of a simple summary of the distinctions of marriage is a perverted twist of 'in the end'?
You not only prove your perversion, you expose your inability to equate ss couples with marriage.
But hey, maybe you got distracted by the opening line.
If I've unfairly judged, please, show me where one statement is wrong. Or better yet, show me how a ss couple equates.
In the end,
a union so profound,
How about I show you how same-sex relationships go beyond opposite-sex relationships?

--Same-sex relationships exist in spite of the odds that are stacked against them

--The very nature of expressing one's attraction to another member of the same gender, in this day and age, can result in loss of family, occupation, lifelong friendships, the ability to live peacefully in their community...

--Expressing same-sex attractions not only results in the very real possibility of loss, but it can also open up a person to violent physical and emotional abuse; brought by those who are determined to intrude on a person's freedom to express a very basic and personal characteristic.

--Homosexuality is not a widespread orientation. There are far more heterosexuals out there than homosexuals.

--That a gay person is able to find someone to whom they are attracted, pursue that person, and then find a reciprocal attraction is evidence a power greater than you might think.

--Once they have found one another, the shit storm comes at them once again. See, many people can accept that a person is gay. They just don't want to SEE a person being gay.
Same-sex couples are VERY careful about where and when they express their affections for one another.
Heterosexual people are groomed for these kinds of open displays of affection from an early age--through dating, dances, family encouragement... Society is much more forgiving of them if they hold hands on the beach, sit side-by-side in a restaurant, share a kiss at the airport, etc...
But same-sex couples aren't allowed to do these things without risking personal safety or the vocal disapproval of "moral intruders".
And yet we do it. In spite of all that could happen by just expression our attractions, we still do it.

--So, that two gay men or gay women are able to find themselves in a happy, supportive, love-based relationship; that is a miracle in and of itself. It takes much more courage, a greater degree of commitment, and very likely a better understanding of what love is.

--Gay people have to look at the serious costs and benefits of a relationship that straight people do not have to look at. We have to have studied it, girded ourselves, and be willing to accept any consequences that "moral intruders" may throw our way.

This makes same-sex relationships easily equal to any other relationship out there.

You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.

This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judge to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting.

I think that sums it up nicely...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Ah, the words on your paper seems to disagree with you...

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

So, which is it, Kim? Did God slaughter the people of Sodom because of homosexuality; exemplified by the story where the men of Sodom demanded to have intercourse with the angels and Lot refused by offering to send his virgin daughters (women) out to have sex with a bunch of gay men?

Or did God destroy Sodom because it was prideful, abundant, stingy, and idle?

Maybe I'll stick to the "Voice in my head", which is the Holy Spirit. You can run to your book and pull out of it whatever you like and hammer the rest of society into submission through fear mongering.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We ran support for homeless in Kailua-Kona for years.
Pat Robertson matched funds for rent, utilities and medical treatment without asking for one thing in return.
I don't agree with everything he says, but then again, I don't agree with most of what you say.
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".

Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.

But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.

I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?

How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.

And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.

Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.

Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
Mel

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitch, please! You're going to round up a bunch of anti-teabaggers and send us somewhere? We're citizens too. You can't just throw us out of the country where we have rights as taxpaying citizens.
You seem to think God blesses America. I'd say God isn't too happy with the way America is conducting itself, what with all of the wars--killing innocent men, women, and children.
When you want to speak and act as a Man, then come back here.
Until then, take your ignorant yammering somewhere else.
U R right-on. The prob, however, is that we are satisfied with smugly giving notice that those somewhat laughable witless goofs are nuts. They are using the same moment to gather their singly amusing forces into a truly scary mass that degrades and forces ugly permanent changes to the face and future of our land. What to do?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>SSM is not legal in New Mexico. Do you know how to read. No, we have 37 states and we started off with zero. You forget that you gays started the race with Hawaii. Also, not one single state has a constitutional amendment defining marriage to include same sex marriages. We have 30 such states. You are about to lose (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island
Vermont, Washington,, and the District of Columbia)
There are three federal initiatives in process to define marriage as only a man and a woman. In 2006 it only failed by 50 votes.
Wrong go catch up on the news, New Mexico does not have a constitutional ban on same sex marriage, and same sex marriages are happening there now.

2006? That was a long time ago kiddo, today it would not pass by a whole lot more.

That was then, this is now, welcome to.... today

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing....your ignorant stance on this topic mean little to me as well. Yahoo.
Pat Robertson matched funds with monies he gained from organized begging idiot. He's on a singular path of thinking he can determine what religion should be allowed in the United States. He's nothing. Produces nothing. Kinda like you so I can understand your interest in the man.
You are clearly talking out your a//.

You misrepresent his ministry and business, and know nothing of his charity work.

Moreover, I could give a rats ass about your opinion of me or him.

I'm simply exposing you as an idiot with a foul mouth.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
I usually ignore him and you.
Smile.
You also ignore the law, that same sex marriages are legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

SSM and gay the life style will continue to change the lives of many hetero Americans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions are exactly that genius.
Look up the word in case you're lost. The definition is available online or you can spend about $12.00 and buy a Webster's Dictionary you moron. You're not stating fact but opinion.
I bet you were the kid who played astronaut at 9 only to have your momma find you passed out in the hall with a clear plastic bag over your head wrapped around your neck with some duct tape as a "helmet".
LOL!!!!
You are confusing foul mouthed scoffing for intelligence.

I stated no opinion, just simple reality.

That is why you could only counter with gay troll twirling.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are more looney than thinking Bugs Bunny is real and trapped in your momma's 1978 RCA television set and we just have to find the right channel to set him free you goof.
LOL!!!
Oxymoron? Two adults entering into a legal commitment of marriage because they found love, mutual attraction and a wish to enter into a legal binding union????
Well hell dumbfuck....according to you every marriage in America must be an oxymoron.
You're an idiot.
More gay troll scoffing.

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating be favor. Clearly an oxymoron.

If all you want is a contract, get a lawyer.

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Moreover, I could give a rats ass about your opinion of me or him.
Just as California could give a rats ass of your opinion of same sex marriage in California which is legal and recognized as equal.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
*****Sniff****
**********Sniff**********
-I smell the FOUL odor of hypocracy here...
LOL!!!
Good God idiot...everything you spell out claims you should be writing the rules when it comes to a basic freedom a grouping of Americans are demanding here.
Get lost.
If you do not like my post, then move on, for I have not critized your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,561 - 184,580 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••