Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,228)

Showing posts 184,541 - 184,560 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
littlebit

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the voters in California, voted for the ban on same sex marriage.
Then some liberal, left wing judge, from the 9th Circuit Court decides to strike it down.
Wrong - Wrong - Wrong. GOD IS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
Edith agrees.
God does not hate, nor condemn gays let me make something clear, you are the kind of person that turns people away from god we all live in some sort of sin and I know someone very dear to me who loves god and is gay, so you are displeasing god by turning people away from him, do you forget that the lord was with criminals even, people please do not believe in people who have nothing to back their stuff up proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. and to you archie bunker proverbs 14:3 in the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall perserve them. and to all the gays who feel that they are not loved by god or someone like this who makes you feel turned away from him remember john 3:16-17 for god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life, for god sent not his son into the world to condemn the world: but that the world through him might be saved, show me please archie where it says in the bible that god hates gays, good luck trying
In other words, i'm very happy for everyone good luck with your marriages!:}
Light switch

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Moving On, got to get past your aggression problems and the fear of the closet you've been hiding in.
teeaparty4ever

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

join us and we will begin the cleaning up of all the folks who arent in the right way but are in the way of right. send them over to some other damn place where they speak some goofy language and you have to point at the bread and they still wont give it to you, and then we can prosectute the wars the way they should be rightly done in god's way. no more free ride, no more ride. get off, get out, get under cover and be gone on out a here. leave america to us who love the way of the road and dont want to pay nothing for you as you are in the way. that is what god means when he says" as a child, I spake as a child, as a man I speak as and adult and that is all there is to it", if you dont know, why I wont tell you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think it was his daughters that got Lot drunk and had sex with him. Either way, it's a pretty sick and twisted look into the ancient Hebrew way of life.
well it was a story, and told ( or written poorly )

Particularly as the story came from a previous religion, as most stories did. In constructing the story to make one point, they totally lost themselves in the other points of the story.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone knows when you revert to gay troll comments you have no ability for a reasoned response.
Smile.
You asked a question and I answered it. My favorite part of your nauseating poem was the line "in the end".

I think your wrestle with this issue and your unconscious lets it slip every so often.

"Give it to him 'in the end!.'"

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

teeaparty4ever wrote:
join us and we will begin the cleaning up of all the folks who arent in the right way but are in the way of right. send them over to some other damn place where they speak some goofy language and you have to point at the bread and they still wont give it to you, and then we can prosectute the wars the way they should be rightly done in god's way. no more free ride, no more ride. get off, get out, get under cover and be gone on out a here. leave america to us who love the way of the road and dont want to pay nothing for you as you are in the way. that is what god means when he says" as a child, I spake as a child, as a man I speak as and adult and that is all there is to it", if you dont know, why I wont tell you.
Bitch, please! You're going to round up a bunch of anti-teabaggers and send us somewhere? We're citizens too. You can't just throw us out of the country where we have rights as taxpaying citizens.

You seem to think God blesses America. I'd say God isn't too happy with the way America is conducting itself, what with all of the wars--killing innocent men, women, and children.

When you want to speak and act as a Man, then come back here.

Until then, take your ignorant yammering somewhere else.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
well it was a story, and told ( or written poorly )
Particularly as the story came from a previous religion, as most stories did. In constructing the story to make one point, they totally lost themselves in the other points of the story.
These guys totally miss the boat on the Sins of Sodom...

"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy."

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

-Bill Of Rights- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ricky I just have to ask,did you have an epiphany or something as it sure seems like you've evolved to some extent and had a softening of your heart when it comes to gays and if they were in fact born that way. I just wanted to commend you on these facts! May I congratulate you? And yes,I agree,off topic at this stage of the game! LoL
Maybe I got tired of the constant preaching (judging) from people that also identify themselves as Christians. I doubt there would be much of a collection on Sunday's if the pew warmers were pointed at for their sins. What's a shame is how the Churches have not embraced the gay community since I believe many were church attenders as a youth. I say let all people in the Church and any changes will come from God.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
If I may point this out. The State of California now allows same sex marriage. Why is this so darn hard to understand? It has nothing to do with sex, making babies or polygamy. Now can we move on?
Most of them are confused and think this is a chat room.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversion therapy is not a joke. We have heard many testimonies in the past few months where homosexuals have found Christ as their Savior and Lord of their lives and have become free of their sins and now have normal families. This applies to any sin that anyone is involved in which can be forgiven through Christ. You gays out there will NEVER know what true Christians are talking about because it is obious with your behavior that you DO NOT have the Holy Spirit within you. I would just give Christ a chance in your lives, for you will be surprised what the Holy Spirit can do for you in overcoming your sin like anyone that has any sin in their lives.
Just shutup already, "Suzanne Henderson" or whatever your other nic is.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of why you're not worth debating.
Then why do you continuously debate him? Because your opinions are worthless, that's why.

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Not only can a new born child not talk it can not know. Wrong, the APA and all psychiatrists specify that homosexuality is not a conscious choice. Neither is snoring, but there is also no snoring gene.
Yes,you are so right! The APA states that being gay is NOT a conscious choice,meaning it is innate! Thank you for admitting that! And by the way a left handed gene has also not been found but the scientific consensus is there is a left handed gene,it just hasn't been found yet!The very same goes for gayness being as you already admitted an innate psychological state!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Pat Robertson is about as balanced as a lifetime member of the KKK thinking he should run the Department of Education for the U.S.
We ran support for homeless in Kailua-Kona for years.

Pat Robertson matched funds for rent, utilities and medical treatment without asking for one thing in return.

I don't agree with everything he says, but then again, I don't agree with most of what you say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
My opinion???

That's your reasoned argument?

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked a question and I answered it. My favorite part of your nauseating poem was the line "in the end".
I think your wrestle with this issue and your unconscious lets it slip every so often.
"Give it to him 'in the end!.'"
So your favorite part of a simple summary of the distinctions of marriage is a perverted twist of 'in the end'?

You not only prove your perversion, you expose your inability to equate ss couples with marriage.

But hey, maybe you got distracted by the opening line.

If I've unfairly judged, please, show me where one statement is wrong. Or better yet, show me how a ss couple equates.

In the end,
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Regurgitating another looney bastard's post is hardly evidence of proof nor fact.
Truth is the idea gays should not marry in this country is lessening day by day...I myself am evidence of that let alone the growing number of states allowing gays to unite under marriage.
Let it go - it's none of your business if Tom wants to marry Steve you moron.
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Please, what part of my post is 'looney'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys totally miss the boat on the Sins of Sodom...
"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy."
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.

Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you continuously debate him? Because your opinions are worthless, that's why.
I don't.

I usually ignore him and you.

Smile.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So your favorite part of a simple summary of the distinctions of marriage is a perverted twist of 'in the end'?
You not only prove your perversion, you expose your inability to equate ss couples with marriage.
But hey, maybe you got distracted by the opening line.
If I've unfairly judged, please, show me where one statement is wrong. Or better yet, show me how a ss couple equates.
In the end,
a union so profound,
How about I show you how same-sex relationships go beyond opposite-sex relationships?

--Same-sex relationships exist in spite of the odds that are stacked against them

--The very nature of expressing one's attraction to another member of the same gender, in this day and age, can result in loss of family, occupation, lifelong friendships, the ability to live peacefully in their community...

--Expressing same-sex attractions not only results in the very real possibility of loss, but it can also open up a person to violent physical and emotional abuse; brought by those who are determined to intrude on a person's freedom to express a very basic and personal characteristic.

--Homosexuality is not a widespread orientation. There are far more heterosexuals out there than homosexuals.

--That a gay person is able to find someone to whom they are attracted, pursue that person, and then find a reciprocal attraction is evidence a power greater than you might think.

--Once they have found one another, the shit storm comes at them once again. See, many people can accept that a person is gay. They just don't want to SEE a person being gay.
Same-sex couples are VERY careful about where and when they express their affections for one another.
Heterosexual people are groomed for these kinds of open displays of affection from an early age--through dating, dances, family encouragement... Society is much more forgiving of them if they hold hands on the beach, sit side-by-side in a restaurant, share a kiss at the airport, etc...
But same-sex couples aren't allowed to do these things without risking personal safety or the vocal disapproval of "moral intruders".
And yet we do it. In spite of all that could happen by just expression our attractions, we still do it.

--So, that two gay men or gay women are able to find themselves in a happy, supportive, love-based relationship; that is a miracle in and of itself. It takes much more courage, a greater degree of commitment, and very likely a better understanding of what love is.

--Gay people have to look at the serious costs and benefits of a relationship that straight people do not have to look at. We have to have studied it, girded ourselves, and be willing to accept any consequences that "moral intruders" may throw our way.

This makes same-sex relationships easily equal to any other relationship out there.

You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.

This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judge to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting.

I think that sums it up nicely...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Ah, the words on your paper seems to disagree with you...

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

So, which is it, Kim? Did God slaughter the people of Sodom because of homosexuality; exemplified by the story where the men of Sodom demanded to have intercourse with the angels and Lot refused by offering to send his virgin daughters (women) out to have sex with a bunch of gay men?

Or did God destroy Sodom because it was prideful, abundant, stingy, and idle?

Maybe I'll stick to the "Voice in my head", which is the Holy Spirit. You can run to your book and pull out of it whatever you like and hammer the rest of society into submission through fear mongering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,541 - 184,560 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
East Palo Alto man sentenced to 13 years prison... 16 hr mrs eli 3
Managing Director 16 hr mrs eli 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Soon everyone will be an electric company Tue Windy Butt 14
Millions of gallons of water leaking into Bay: ... Tue Obambe Dumbshhitt 4
Sunnyvale utility rates to increase beginning J... Jul 6 Happy Dayz 25
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••