Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,318

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212942 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have exposed that you have nothing but idiotic foolishness for opinions, and that you are totally ignorant.
Nothing else.
Except perhaps that you are in total denial.
You said that already.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212943 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can see is that SS couples are still only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
You haven't got off the ground honey.
Snicker.
That'd be Jizzy's latest sock. Sameoldstuff is the Sameolddope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212944 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that, the price he quoted was more than at the dealership, wanted my as a slave.
I told him to piss off of course
Sure you did.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212945 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you mean "you're a mental midget"
Why should I ask them if they are straight, I can document that 97-99% will be straight. I can also document that 99.999% will have two arms and two legs. What I must discover is the 1-3% who will later claim they were born gay and know it as a fact, or the guy who lost his arms or legs in a car accident, but claim he was born with no leg or arm. Understand.
Next, what we must do is to examine the children who were abused as children, the examine all the gays who were abused before puberty or after, then examine the impact and correlation between the two.
Wow. I thought the stupidest of the stupid had already been posting in here, but I was wrong. You take the cake. Are you related to Brian_G, the village idiot of Topix?

You couldn't document the damned phone book.

Location hidden

#212946 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Such anger and you claim that this is not your concern? Hmmm?
Albeit, sex with an 11 year old girl is socially and morally reprehensible and unacceptable, have we now shifted the conversation to social constructs, morality and disgust.
That said, certainly 99% of all humans find it disgusting to stick a penis in a male butt.
You mentioned gays and 11 year old children, which is a preference, but then you defend gays and same sex preference. No, gays prefer the same sex, period. If you tell a gay male that a boy is 17, then you immediately tell him that he is really 21, his attraction does not shift with the new knowledge. What happens is that he makes a legal, social and moral decisions as to follow the law or break it.
If it is not your affair, then don't vote for or against SSM, or just say that you are a liar. If you feel baited, it is due to your insecurity and uninformed state. As for me, if you challenge me with new information, I will research it and if it is valid I will adjust as the information dictates.
Anger never proves a point, it only exposes your lack of a point.
I love morons that make up statistics!!! Tell me, when you reached your 99% figure, was it based on your "documenting"?!!

What a ridiculous fucktard you are!!!! Guess your wife must be a 12 afterall!!! IQ that is. Who else could take you seriously!!!! LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#212947 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Let me see, US Supreme Court and 10 years of research or Treaty with a non-US island? Sorry, I will take US Supreme Court and 10 yeas of research for 500 points.
Also, my friend, the Bible can be read in schools, it can be taught in public schools as a historical and literary document. The teaching of or not teaching of Christianity in public schools, in no way changes the Supreme Court ruling that we were founded as a Christian nation.
'In God we Trust', now go pay your bills with secular money.
In god we trust was added to our currency in the late 1800s, almost 100 years after our founding moron. It does not in any way demonstrate that our country was founded on Christianity. All it confirms is that Christians in the late 1800's were able to force their religion into the public sector. Damn you are stupid.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212949 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can see is that SS couples are still only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
You haven't got off the ground honey.
Snicker.
It would seem that you are blinded by the truth.
The simple truth is this, Same sex marriage is equal to that of opposite sex marriage. Sterility has nothing to do with it. You see reproduction has nothing to do with marriage.

Have a great day, Buttercup
Tommy Tucker

Oakland, CA

#212950 Aug 29, 2013
Hay guys lets all go to Paul and Harvey's in Sunnyvale,Ca for some gay fun.

Location hidden

#212951 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rest of us"?
Now ss couples speak for all birth parents?
Oh wait, you are not even a parent.
Talk about narcissism...
Did he imply he was a parent? Nope, he sure didn't. But don't let that fact get in the way of you being a catty bitch!! Make your Jesus proud girl! He loves kuntastic bitches representing him!!! Smile!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212952 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>
...bla bla bla...dopey Jizzy stuff...bla bla... You see reproduction has nothing to do with marriage.
Then why can't I marry my sister? Have a dopey day, dummy.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212953 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
What Brown and AG Harris do are no more valid than when Mayor Gavin Newsome thought he could issue marriage licenses.
Washington (CNN)-- The Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal over same-sex marriage on jurisdictional grounds, ruling Wednesday private parties do not have "standing" to defend California's voter-approved ballot measure barring gay and lesbian couples from state-sanctioned wedlock.
The 5-4 decision avoids, for now, a sweeping conclusion on whether same-sex marriage is a constitutional "equal protection" right that would apply to all states.
At issue was whether the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection under the law prevents states from defining marriage to exclude same-sex couples, and whether a state can revoke same-sex marriage through referendum, as California did, once it already has been recognized.
But a majority of the Supreme Court opted not to rule on those issues. Instead, it ruled on "standing" -- whether those who brought the suit to the court were entitled to do so.
But there is legal uncertainty whether the high court's ruling could be enforced statewide, or limited to only a few jurisdictions.
Some Prop 8 supporters argued the high court ruling means the voter referendum remains in place and enforceable.
"Proposition 8 being the law of the state of California makes it clear that marriage is only one man and one woman. The four plaintiffs that brought this lawsuit may have a right to get marriage licenses issued to them. But this was not a class-action lawsuit. It does not apply statewide, " said Austin Nimocks, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending Freedom. "Because there's no appellate decision holding it unconstitutional under the California Constitution, which is what controls this interpretation, Proposition 8 remains the law of that state.
This is the truth, That YOU did not copy and paste.

By dismissing the case, the court leaves in place the lower court decision in California that allows same-sex marriage to be reinstated. The federal appeals court stay on the decision will be lifted.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/politics/scotus...

"Proposition 8 being the law of the state of California makes it clear that marriage is only one man and one woman. The four plaintiffs that brought this lawsuit may have a right to get marriage licenses issued to them. But this was not a class-action lawsuit. It does not apply statewide, " said Austin Nimocks, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending Freedom. "Because there's no appellate decision holding it unconstitutional under the California Constitution, which is what controls this interpretation, Proposition 8 remains the law of that state.

Sorry but Austin Nimocks has no standing within the Government.

Thanks ever so much for stopping by
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212954 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he imply he was a parent? Nope, he sure didn't. But don't let that fact get in the way of you being a catty bitch!! Make your Jesus proud girl! He loves kuntastic bitches representing him!!! Smile!
You know what his Jesus likes, do you? We bet you do! Chuckle.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212955 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>It would seem that you are blinded by the truth.
The simple truth is this, Same sex marriage is equal to that of opposite sex marriage. Sterility has nothing to do with it. You see reproduction has nothing to do with marriage.
Honey, you are confused.

I simply pointed out irrefutable distinctions between SS couples and marriage.

You correctly assert aimed that those differences disqualified SS couples.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.

Location hidden

#212956 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me do the math for you. SSM is not legal in New Mexico, only in a few counties.
Let me do the math for you dumbass. 1) There's no such thing as a SSM, there is only marriage. 2) It is legal in all 50 states both for straights and for gays. Just because a state does not recognize it yet doesn't make it illegal you moron. Non bigoted churches and public officials are free to perform the ceremony in all 50 states.

But don't let facts get in the way of you pretending you know anything about anything. Reading your moronic posts is a hoot. I love people that have no problem demonstrating in such a public manner how idiotic they are. You're hilarious simple one.

Location hidden

#212957 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone knows when you revert to gay troll comments you have no ability for a reasoned response.
Smile.
Your fantasies don't require reasoned responses.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212958 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you are confused.
I simply pointed out irrefutable distinctions between SS couples and marriage.
You correctly assert aimed that those differences disqualified SS couples.
SS marriage is an oxymoron.
We have pointed out the irrefutable fact that same sex couples are married and legally recognized regardless of your hateful opinions.

You are still in denial

Location hidden

#212959 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
That isn't "in the end", it's merely "in your fantasy land".

A perfect example of why fantasy requires no reasoned response.

"Mars and Venus", "delicacy", "unbiased blend", "hosting"!! Oh my!!! One can just picture you clutching your string of pearls as you extoll this nonsense to the girls in your afternoon tea parties!!
Slogging

Monrovia, CA

#212960 Aug 29, 2013
Still slogging it along by yourself are yeah?

Location hidden

#212961 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
<quoted text>
How is that a fantasy?
You don't have to dumb down marriage to 'two people with a contract'.
There is no gender discrimination in our union, where ss couples are.
And there is no way any union can be more complete than me and me.
Frankly, I think you are jealous...
Frankly we think you are a stupid jackass catty bitch.

Smile dear!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212962 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love morons that make up statistics!!!.... LOL!!!!
I love all morons. You're fun! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Fri bobbyroosco 24
Pesticide fogging in large area of Sunnyvale ne... (May '14) Fri Markjewbook 3
Soon everyone will be an electric company (Jul '14) Fri Markjewbook 7
Awful humming/thrumming sound in the middle of ... (Jun '12) Thu Markjewbook 36
Palo Alto Shoppers Concerned About Sidewalk Glass Thu Markjewbook 2
Review: Hanger Prosthetics And Orthotics (Aug '12) Jan 21 jstrong196 4
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Jan 20 Jimi 48

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers