Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,225)

Showing posts 184,481 - 184,500 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
100% will say they are hungry ( or indicate such anyway ) ;)

I have talked to a lot of gay folks when I was younger. One used to do a daily 45 min commute with me for over a year, we talked a lot.

He told me that he was aware that he was gay when in elementary school, but never said or did anything about it until he was out of high school.

He said his life would be a lot easier if he had been straight, but he had no choice in the matter.

Every person is different, I donít expect his experience to be the same for everyone.
Parking struture

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

24hr fitness in Glendora, California.

Has installed a security guard in the multi level parking structure.

To combat theft and attempted rapes of customer's.
Hinters say

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

When will little David Dreir come out of the closet?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Try to comprehend the word "initially". Sorry, Jews are the promise given to man from God. They live by the laws of Leviticus as it is the Torah. When I see two men, two women, a child and an adult, etc. violating God's law, I see them all as sin and I pity them.
It sounds like you are demonstrated your disgust. Is that why you were against SSM, your disgust and homophobia about your own feelings.
Like I said before, you hated gays before based on your ignorance and now they are not your problem because of your ignorance.
Do not become offended and angry. Homosexuality is a choice, disagreeing with those who make that choice will not make you gay.
The first Christians were all Jews and many were black African Christian Jews.
Peace.
At what age did you chose heterosexuality? Did you first try Homosexuality?
Hint Helpers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Take out the wooden splinters first.

David Derier
twodogs12345

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

I am 57 never voted never cared.... and as usual votes do not count.
twodogs12345

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Never voted never will at 57 I just don't care
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather give or get a bj?
You should direct that question to Moho.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>If I may correct you. The State of California does not allow same sex marriage in 56 counties. The US does not allow same sex marriage in 37 states. The world does not allow same sex marriage in 186 countries. Why is this do hard to understand? The state interest in marriage has always been procreation and the general potential of procreation.
Look at it this way, if the speed limit is 70 and your car can only get up to 50 miles an hour, it does not change the need and reason for the 70 mile speed limit.
So, yes we can move on and America can continue to vote by popular vote against same sex marriage and move towards another attempt at a federal definition of marriage. In 2006, it only failed by 50 votes and the Republicans are increasing in Congress.
Wrong,

Published June 26, 2013
FoxNews.com
Facebook93 Twitter55 LinkedIn0
ADVERTISEMENT
The Supreme Court paved the way for same-sex marriages in California, but avoided making a broad ruling on the issue, in a decision Wednesday on the state's anti-gay marriage Proposition 8.

In the wake of the ruling, California Gov. Jerry Brown said that he had directed his administration to tell counties they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples as soon as a lower court takes care of a procedural step.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/26/su...

.Gay marriage: Prop. 8 and DOMA

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down a key part of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, ruling that legally married same-sex couples are entitled to the same rights as all other married couples. The court also opened the door for same-sex marriages to resume in California by turning away the defenders of the state's Proposition 8.

On June 28, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals lifted its stay on an injunction which ordered state officials to stop enforcing Prop, 8, Within hours both couples who were plaintiffs in the case had wed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/prop-8/

You did see STATE wide didn't you?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, so with medical science stating that no one is born gay and no baby able to state otherwise, the adult lie that they were born gay is exposed as simply a lie.
Wrong no new born child can not talk. Homosexuality is not a choice.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have talked to a lot of gay folks when I was younger. One used to do a daily 45 min commute with me for over a year, we talked a lot.
He told me that he was aware that he was gay when in elementary school, but never said or did anything about it until he was out of high school.
He said his life would be a lot easier if he had been straight, but he had no choice in the matter.
Every person is different, I donít expect his experience to be the same for everyone.
'Splains it, you got recruited to the gay mafia.'Nuf said.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. There are 37 states, but you keep believing in that extra one. If it makes you feel good.
It is funny that gays understand that the New Mexico judge ruling only applies to two counties.....Six same-sex couples that had been denied marriage licenses in the two counties had filed a lawsuit challenging those decisions....but you do not accept that the same applies to California...only the two counties where the suit was filed.
This is another blow against gays and you all still can not see the boulder crashing on your head even as we speak.
Let me do the math for you. SSM is not legal in New Mexico, only in a few counties.
There are 50 states. New Mexico is the 15th jurisdiction in which same-sex marriage has been legalized. Thirteen states and the District of Columbia already allow same-sex marriage.
That means 37 not 36 states still only allow normal marriages.
Not a matter of belief, matter of fact.

California
Connecticut
Delaware
Iowa
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
New Hampshire
New York
Rhode Island
Vermont
Washington
New Mexico

and the District of Columbia

That is 14 states ( not counting DC which also has same sex marriage ), there are 50 states, 50 -14 = 36

Are you not aware that California is preforming same sex marriages as we type here, you donít get to count California in your list anymore, you lost that one along with New Mexico this year.

More are coming

I donít happen to be a homosexual myself, but I am an American and support justice, equality and freedom.

If you are counting either California or New Mexico it shows just how low you have to stoop, you have to lie to bolster your numbers, that is an admission of defeat.

So you have gone from 50 to 36 and dropping ( OR, AZ, MI and several others are now in play )
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry friend, I did not have to choose to be normal. Heterosexuality is a made up term to justify the bastardized term homosexuality. I also did not choose to have two arms, to have eyes that see, legs that walk, and to not be born in a coma. These are all things like homosexuality that can be psychologically induced during childhood development.
So, did you first try having one arm, then decide have two arms. Are you a pedophile? No, did you first try it? Ate you a rapist? No, did you first try it? Are you in an incest relationship with your mom? No, did you first try it?
Abnormal sexual behavior is chosen and decided upon. An abused girl may not consciously choose to be a prostitute when she grows up,but the childhood trauma will make her chose prostitution, suicide, alcoholism, drug addiction, relationship problems with men, lesbianism, etc. unless she receives treatment and intervention healing from God.
Being a BIGOT is a choice, nice job
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Junior, you proved that you did care whether you were seen as gay or not. Please explain to me what is an "ingredient Junior"? Is it a smaller version of an "ingredient Senior".
You wrote: "Pretty lame analogy if that what it was supposed to be." Try this: "Pretty lame analogy, if that "is" what it was supposed to be".
Since, you wish to learn English try this for a change. "As it is, I could care less if you think I am gay." Notice the comma usage. Also, FYI, means "For Your Information", so you should have said "FYI, you might think I was an Easter Peep, who fell into a chemical vat which had an electrical short and gave me life for all I know."
I promise you, next time you run out of commas, I will order you some. LOL!!!!!!
Awh, now you are mad!!!! Why, because you tried name calling with a superior opponent.
Trying to teach a pig to sing? I give you credit for trying, but they's just not edumacatimable.
debsuelyn

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Err...the brother father reference was an analogy. Look up the word.
As for conversion therapy, I am pretty sure it is a gay's choice and not yours. If you wish to bring your layman's study to an APA president, D. Nicholas Cummings, he will show you his studies which prove you are wrong.
No need to get all homophobic, I did not say you are gay, I said on your gay side, which is the side of the argument where you live. I am sure you are insulted by being assumed gay, but I suggest you find a feme gay for your azz beatings because not in your dreams will it happy here. Got it, boy.
Now strap on your strap, find a gay friend, and grow an argument that will stand under the weight of a feather.
Conversion therapy is not a joke. We have heard many testimonies in the past few months where homosexuals have found Christ as their Savior and Lord of their lives and have become free of their sins and now have normal families. This applies to any sin that anyone is involved in which can be forgiven through Christ. You gays out there will NEVER know what true Christians are talking about because it is obious with your behavior that you DO NOT have the Holy Spirit within you. I would just give Christ a chance in your lives, for you will be surprised what the Holy Spirit can do for you in overcoming your sin like anyone that has any sin in their lives.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong no new born child can not talk. Homosexuality is not a choice.
Then I guess alcoholism, drug addiction, arson, beastiality, etc. are not a choice either , huh? That's why this gay lifestyle acceptance has only opened the door to ANY disorder that wants to seek 'equality'.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Then I guess alcoholism, drug addiction, arson, beastiality, etc. are not a choice either , huh? That's why this gay lifestyle acceptance has only opened the door to ANY disorder that wants to seek 'equality'.
At what age did you make the choice to be straight? Well if you care to look you will find that Alcholism can behereditary . As far as arson, thats an act of violence. Your choice of beastiality is yours.
debsuelyn

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

I have been reading some of these posts for 3 weeks now and the only ones that have any meaning whatsoever is the people who have Christ in their lives. The people out there that are gay or support gays are just ignorant in what the Bible teaches or they twist everything around to fit into their lifestyles. Well, you can twist whatever you want to twist, but God will not tolerate it and you will have to answer to Him someday face to face and personnally, that would be very scarry!! When you start taking Scriptures out to fit the way you want to live, then alot of you will be taking so much out that there will be nothing left for you to read in the Scriptures. The Scriptures were left for us to read and Study, so we would know how to live a Spiritual Life and be happy as God intended us to be. It seems that anyone out there that even mentions God or Christ, they get slammed by people which I really do not feel is a discussion like this forum was set up to be, it is slamming people around and calling people names which is unacceptable. What kind of discussion do you have when you are calling names or putting people down anyway?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>At what age did you make the choice to be straight? Well if you care to look you will find that Alcholism can behereditary . As far as arson, thats an act of violence. Your choice of beastiality is yours.
LOL, so true

There was never a choice for me, I was straight. I had been around Homosexuals for many years when I was younger.

There was never a choice for me, I was straight, why would it be any different for them?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. There are 37 states, but you keep believing in that extra one. If it makes you feel good.
It is funny that gays understand that the New Mexico judge ruling only applies to two counties.....Six same-sex couples that had been denied marriage licenses in the two counties had filed a lawsuit challenging those decisions....but you do not accept that the same applies to California...only the two counties where the suit was filed.
This is another blow against gays and you all still can not see the boulder crashing on your head even as we speak.
Let me do the math for you. SSM is not legal in New Mexico, only in a few counties.
There are 50 states. New Mexico is the 15th jurisdiction in which same-sex marriage has been legalized. Thirteen states and the District of Columbia already allow same-sex marriage.
That means 37 not 36 states still only allow normal marriages.
um, yeah. 36.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/w...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,481 - 184,500 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 9 hr Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA 21 hr Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
San Lorenzo man pleads not guilty to beating (Apr '09) Jul 18 annonymous 46
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search