Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,225)

Showing posts 184,481 - 184,500 of199,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa Dizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you filthy fagg@t before I put my foot up your nasty gay azz!
"If the shoe fits, wear it!
Benicia Boob Boobs Baba B

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

God knows there is no god to know. The rest of the hoo-ha is all made up so he wont feel so left out and kinda sad and simple-silly in his diapers in the burning sand, and others use the tune to make out like badits while the bloody song plays over long.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
and now 37 STATES DO NOT ALLOW SSM, Russia does not allow the teaching around children and 187 countries do not acknowledge it .
Used to be 50 states, it was 38 states at the beginning of the year even.

now 37 and dropping

same with countries.

We are watching history being made here

Freedom is winning, and oppression is failing
Wet Floor

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Small pea's always get the floor wet first, come back when you grow up small pea?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>If you think me a fool, then you would not be so angry and you would address the links and sources that I posted!
You must be mad and fuming and suicidal, because the only truth is now, and now 37 STATES DO NOT ALLOW SSM, Russia does not allow the teaching around children and 187 countries do not acknowledge it and even an APA president has exposed the lie behind the gay marriage and rights issue.
GLAD YOU CAN GO TO SLEEP. DON'T LET THE TRUTH CAUSE YOU TO HAVE NIGHTMARES.
It is okay, I am a Christian, but I have gay, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, JW and Hindu friends, as well as Russian,, Chinese, Japanese, Thai,Filipino, Iranian, Persian, Armenian, Mexican, wow I am tired, German, Irish, Black, Puerto Rican, Italian, etc.
By the way, the number just dropped to 36 now, several counties in the state of New Mexico are now granting same sex marriage licenses.

so it was 38 at the beginning of the year, now down to 36

still dropping.
Water tower

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

August 2013, northeast Oklahoma town is with out a water supply after city employees found worms living and breeding in the municipal water tower.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

If I may point this out. The State of California now allows same sex marriage. Why is this so darn hard to understand? It has nothing to do with sex, making babies or polygamy. Now can we move on?
Teah movies

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Are we talking David Derier jokes today, in or out of the closet?

Come on Davis you can come out, the lights on and it's safe.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are gay and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
If you can find a new born that can answer any question, well you know.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
100% will say they are hungry ( or indicate such anyway ) ;)

I have talked to a lot of gay folks when I was younger. One used to do a daily 45 min commute with me for over a year, we talked a lot.

He told me that he was aware that he was gay when in elementary school, but never said or did anything about it until he was out of high school.

He said his life would be a lot easier if he had been straight, but he had no choice in the matter.

Every person is different, I donít expect his experience to be the same for everyone.
Parking struture

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

24hr fitness in Glendora, California.

Has installed a security guard in the multi level parking structure.

To combat theft and attempted rapes of customer's.
Hinters say

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

When will little David Dreir come out of the closet?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Try to comprehend the word "initially". Sorry, Jews are the promise given to man from God. They live by the laws of Leviticus as it is the Torah. When I see two men, two women, a child and an adult, etc. violating God's law, I see them all as sin and I pity them.
It sounds like you are demonstrated your disgust. Is that why you were against SSM, your disgust and homophobia about your own feelings.
Like I said before, you hated gays before based on your ignorance and now they are not your problem because of your ignorance.
Do not become offended and angry. Homosexuality is a choice, disagreeing with those who make that choice will not make you gay.
The first Christians were all Jews and many were black African Christian Jews.
Peace.
At what age did you chose heterosexuality? Did you first try Homosexuality?
Hint Helpers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Take out the wooden splinters first.

David Derier
twodogs12345

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

I am 57 never voted never cared.... and as usual votes do not count.
twodogs12345

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Never voted never will at 57 I just don't care
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather give or get a bj?
You should direct that question to Moho.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>If I may correct you. The State of California does not allow same sex marriage in 56 counties. The US does not allow same sex marriage in 37 states. The world does not allow same sex marriage in 186 countries. Why is this do hard to understand? The state interest in marriage has always been procreation and the general potential of procreation.
Look at it this way, if the speed limit is 70 and your car can only get up to 50 miles an hour, it does not change the need and reason for the 70 mile speed limit.
So, yes we can move on and America can continue to vote by popular vote against same sex marriage and move towards another attempt at a federal definition of marriage. In 2006, it only failed by 50 votes and the Republicans are increasing in Congress.
Wrong,

Published June 26, 2013
FoxNews.com
Facebook93 Twitter55 LinkedIn0
ADVERTISEMENT
The Supreme Court paved the way for same-sex marriages in California, but avoided making a broad ruling on the issue, in a decision Wednesday on the state's anti-gay marriage Proposition 8.

In the wake of the ruling, California Gov. Jerry Brown said that he had directed his administration to tell counties they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples as soon as a lower court takes care of a procedural step.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/26/su...

.Gay marriage: Prop. 8 and DOMA

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down a key part of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, ruling that legally married same-sex couples are entitled to the same rights as all other married couples. The court also opened the door for same-sex marriages to resume in California by turning away the defenders of the state's Proposition 8.

On June 28, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals lifted its stay on an injunction which ordered state officials to stop enforcing Prop, 8, Within hours both couples who were plaintiffs in the case had wed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/prop-8/

You did see STATE wide didn't you?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, so with medical science stating that no one is born gay and no baby able to state otherwise, the adult lie that they were born gay is exposed as simply a lie.
Wrong no new born child can not talk. Homosexuality is not a choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,481 - 184,500 of199,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who's Hiring in Santa Cruz: 24 Hour Fitness; Co... 6 hr DBS 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
Teen Shooting Trial Delayed (Aug '13) 10 hr Another reader 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed Hole 15,676
Earth's extinction rate highly exaggerated: Study Apr 21 FACT 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
Massive Octopus kite at Shoreline (Jun '08) Apr 17 Charlie 5
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE