Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212757 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You play dumb so well.
You know exactly what it means, why the need to lie?
However, I'll take the opportunity you give to clarify.
The complimentary blend of two genders in the reunion of marriage is distinct. There is no other relationship in life that comes close.
It is so idiotic to attempt to equate a duplicate half, that it becomes offensive without even considering the callous trampling of culture and faith that it entails.
Childish? That and more is all yours VV.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) In the future, could you use the word "union" instead of "reunion" when so narrowly defining marriage for the rest of the world? The reason I say this--and I'm embarrassed for you to have to point it out--is that a "reunion" indicates that the "two genders" have at one time been together, separated, and then "reunited".
When you say "reunion of marriage" it makes you sound stupid(er).
2.) No one is trying to duplicate the kind of marriage that you and your spouse have. We don't have to. Marriage has never been so narrowly defined that each and every single marriage must be based on the same narrowly defined set of rules or reasons.
As has been pointed out to you MULTIPLE times, two people can get married for any number of reasons. It can be based on love, desire to start a family, to increase one's status in life (financial), or based purely on sex or lust.
Same-sex marriages can be based on these reasons too. Just because they do not spew forth an offspring is no reason to say that they are less "real".
It is childish of you to want or need to feel "more married" than someone else. It says SO MUCH about the kind of person you are.
3.) As has been established MULTIPLE times throughout these discussions, "culture" and "faith" are VERY subjective terms. Those things that you value in your culture and faith may not be of value to me. It doesn't make you "more right" or "more wrong". It simply means that we do not agree on what is of value to us.
Stop trying to impose your values onto others.
Remember the exercise that I've taught you--about respecting other people's boundaries.
1. Your ignorance is showing. I've stated many times that marriage reflects the REUNION of genders into the original genderless life forms, modeling our roots. The picture that the Bible accurately discloses in Eve being formed out of Adam.

I suspect you remember, but don't like the reminder. Ss couples can only reflect that genders would never exist. Always ever a 'dead' end.

Oh, and I'm fully aware that this is your diversion to avoid admitting you lied. Again.

2.'Narrowly defined'? You are the one eliminating one whole gender and simply duplicating.'H2' without the 'O'. It smells like rotten eggs duplicated. H2O on the other hand is life giving. Necessary in fact. Not just doubling what is present, but miraculously MULTIPLYING the effects. The distinction between the two is mind boggling.

I made no claim of 'more married', I said ss marriage is an oxymoron.

3. The whole morality of cultural sensitivity isn't that you agree with it, it is respecting other people. Something a extreme minority demands while desecrating the majority.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212758 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:

1. Your ignorance is showing.
You have nothing to fear, no one is even close to taking away your ignorance crown

You are still ignorant of the fact that same sex couples are married, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212759 Aug 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... I keep forgetting... You're a MASTER of child-rearing.
You seem to indicate that parenting requires an almost Jedi-like knowledge--that it's a great mystery that can only be solved by a couple of people as long as one of the couple has a penis and the other has a vagina.
I'm happy that you feel as though I'm the wind beneath your wings.
How about this... You focus on child-rearing in your own home, while the rest of us focus on whatever issue happens to be important to us.
You don't get to be the "Parent God" for everybody, Kim. It's not your place. Your narcissism and sense of entitlement stands in the way of you understanding this.
"The rest of us"?

Now ss couples speak for all birth parents?

Oh wait, you are not even a parent.

Talk about narcissism...
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#212760 Aug 28, 2013
Grandpa Dizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you filthy fagg@t before I put my foot up your nasty gay azz!
"If the shoe fits, wear it!
Benicia Boob Boobs Baba B

Sonoma, CA

#212761 Aug 28, 2013
God knows there is no god to know. The rest of the hoo-ha is all made up so he wont feel so left out and kinda sad and simple-silly in his diapers in the burning sand, and others use the tune to make out like badits while the bloody song plays over long.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212762 Aug 28, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
and now 37 STATES DO NOT ALLOW SSM, Russia does not allow the teaching around children and 187 countries do not acknowledge it .
Used to be 50 states, it was 38 states at the beginning of the year even.

now 37 and dropping

same with countries.

We are watching history being made here

Freedom is winning, and oppression is failing
Wet Floor

Monrovia, CA

#212763 Aug 28, 2013
Small pea's always get the floor wet first, come back when you grow up small pea?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212764 Aug 28, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>If you think me a fool, then you would not be so angry and you would address the links and sources that I posted!
You must be mad and fuming and suicidal, because the only truth is now, and now 37 STATES DO NOT ALLOW SSM, Russia does not allow the teaching around children and 187 countries do not acknowledge it and even an APA president has exposed the lie behind the gay marriage and rights issue.
GLAD YOU CAN GO TO SLEEP. DON'T LET THE TRUTH CAUSE YOU TO HAVE NIGHTMARES.
It is okay, I am a Christian, but I have gay, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, JW and Hindu friends, as well as Russian,, Chinese, Japanese, Thai,Filipino, Iranian, Persian, Armenian, Mexican, wow I am tired, German, Irish, Black, Puerto Rican, Italian, etc.
By the way, the number just dropped to 36 now, several counties in the state of New Mexico are now granting same sex marriage licenses.

so it was 38 at the beginning of the year, now down to 36

still dropping.
Water tower

Monrovia, CA

#212765 Aug 28, 2013
August 2013, northeast Oklahoma town is with out a water supply after city employees found worms living and breeding in the municipal water tower.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212766 Aug 28, 2013
If I may point this out. The State of California now allows same sex marriage. Why is this so darn hard to understand? It has nothing to do with sex, making babies or polygamy. Now can we move on?
Teah movies

Monrovia, CA

#212767 Aug 28, 2013
Are we talking David Derier jokes today, in or out of the closet?

Come on Davis you can come out, the lights on and it's safe.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#212768 Aug 28, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are gay and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212769 Aug 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
If you can find a new born that can answer any question, well you know.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212770 Aug 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Try this, go to a hospital and watch 100 children get born, ask them all if they are straight and you tell me if 1-3% of them tell you that they are?
100% will say they are hungry ( or indicate such anyway ) ;)

I have talked to a lot of gay folks when I was younger. One used to do a daily 45 min commute with me for over a year, we talked a lot.

He told me that he was aware that he was gay when in elementary school, but never said or did anything about it until he was out of high school.

He said his life would be a lot easier if he had been straight, but he had no choice in the matter.

Every person is different, I donít expect his experience to be the same for everyone.
Parking struture

Monrovia, CA

#212771 Aug 28, 2013
24hr fitness in Glendora, California.

Has installed a security guard in the multi level parking structure.

To combat theft and attempted rapes of customer's.
Hinters say

Monrovia, CA

#212774 Aug 28, 2013
When will little David Dreir come out of the closet?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212776 Aug 28, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Try to comprehend the word "initially". Sorry, Jews are the promise given to man from God. They live by the laws of Leviticus as it is the Torah. When I see two men, two women, a child and an adult, etc. violating God's law, I see them all as sin and I pity them.
It sounds like you are demonstrated your disgust. Is that why you were against SSM, your disgust and homophobia about your own feelings.
Like I said before, you hated gays before based on your ignorance and now they are not your problem because of your ignorance.
Do not become offended and angry. Homosexuality is a choice, disagreeing with those who make that choice will not make you gay.
The first Christians were all Jews and many were black African Christian Jews.
Peace.
At what age did you chose heterosexuality? Did you first try Homosexuality?
Hint Helpers

Monrovia, CA

#212782 Aug 28, 2013
Take out the wooden splinters first.

David Derier
twodogs12345

Fresno, CA

#212784 Aug 28, 2013
I am 57 never voted never cared.... and as usual votes do not count.
twodogs12345

Fresno, CA

#212785 Aug 28, 2013
Never voted never will at 57 I just don't care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belmont Cops Racist 37 min justice4all 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 3 hr Calvin James 14
Rouse Properties Executes Three H&M Leases at K... Tue kev 1
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Ditto 93
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Mon harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) Nov 8 jeff6 281

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match