Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,001 - 184,020 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying, YOU know those dangerous fundies!
Yeah... I'm familiar with a few. Seems like I heard a story about some preacher getting overly involved in one of his parishioner's marriage.

What about you, Kim? Do you have the jewels to come down to Knoxville and do as you believe God commands you to do? It's right there in Leviticus after all. Isn't it your responsibility to go on a so-called Christian jihad against us gays?

Are you man enough to get a little gay blood on your hands?
No Flag

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Glendora Churches changing bylaws after gay marriage ruling.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... I'm familiar with a few. Seems like I heard a story about some preacher getting overly involved in one of his parishioner's marriage.
What about you, Kim? Do you have the jewels to come down to Knoxville and do as you believe God commands you to do? It's right there in Leviticus after all. Isn't it your responsibility to go on a so-called Christian jihad against us gays?
Are you man enough to get a little gay blood on your hands?
Calm down fruitloops.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the next a president can be sworn in with his hand on a volcano, or a Big D action figure.
That is a choice, not a regulation

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gender disorder is not a sexual disorder?
Denial gets kind of awkward doesn't it?
Too funny!
I see you are happy to see trans-gendered people eliminated from the earth too!
Priceless!
These are some of the bitch slaps of reality I've been warning you about.
<quoted text>
LOL,
I KNEW the queen twirl would put on a show!
Now you want to separate sexuality from gender? Here we go with the denial quandary. Just like where you had to dumb marriage down to a contract.
But the topper is we both talked only about medical procedures. Only YOU judged mine as murderous. Now you excuse it?
Hypocrite.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When you talk about murdering (your words) gays and lesbians, you are talking about ending a life--making someone disappear.
When I talk about someone who is VOLUNTARILY transitioning (via dress or surgery), no life is lost. A person who WISHES to change their gender so that it equates how they feel inside is completely different from you wishing that homosexuals would be wiped off the face of the planet or that they be involuntarily "cured".
You can't really be this stupid, can you?
There you go again with the slander and lies.

Nowhere did I ever advocate murdering GLBT's or involuntarily wiping them off the face of the planet.

In fact, what I did say was that Christians would be the only hope of gays and lesbians!

You really are a shameless liar.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, can't miss inserting another slanderous lie, can you?
Clearly you are unafraid what I might physically do to you. On the other hand, I sincerely hesitate seeing you.
Besides, if I killed you, how could I continue to enjoy sinking the knife of reality into the belly of denial and twisting it with a smirk???
So, you have weighed the option of killing me and decided that you'd rather "continue to enjoy sinking the knife..."

I love it when you show your sociopath side.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have weighed the option of killing me and decided that you'd rather "continue to enjoy sinking the knife..."
All I heard from you is 'ouch'.

Smile.
pop offs

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Just about every middle east dictator has warned the US to stay out of their business?

And where are they now, dead or on the run dying lowly and knowing a price is on their heads.

America knows the limitation of the red line of the Syrian front and any crossing of Syria's red line will have severe consequences for the White House," Massoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of staff of Iran's armed forces.

So pay no attention to this Muslim pop-offs, their own people don't care about them, just who feeds them at the days end.

Muslin run countries only exist because of the "power of the gun" an nothing more!

That's the only reason Islam was installed as the official religion anyway, death of religion what's the choice?
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Huh and Rocky, you are acting like two children in a school yard, now both of you go to the unisex restrooms,wash your faces and calm down.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
Hey Rock
You might find this interesting.
http://nationalreview.com/article/356220/righ...
Here's an excerpt.
The lack of clarity about polling extends to actual voting behavior as well. In 2010 Patrick Egan, assistant professor of politics and public policy at New York University, compiled ten years of polling data about same-sex marriage in states that had voted on same-sex-marriage ballot initiatives. He found that public-opinion polls consistently underestimated ballot-box opposition to SSM. Egan noted that “the share of voters in pre-election surveys saying they will vote to ban same-sex marriage is typically seven percentage points lower than the actual vote on election day.” Why? Egan doesn’t know.
One might suspect something akin to the Bradley Effect at work in polling on this issue. Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley, an African American, lost the 1982 California governor’s race despite being consistently ahead in the polls going into the election. Scholarly assessments of why Bradley lost focused on social-desirability bias on the sensitive issue of race. In particular, a minority of white voters was thought to have offered inaccurate polling responses for fear that, if they stated their true preference — which emerged at the ballot box — pollsters would perceive them as racially motivated.
In other words, when sensitive issues are at stake, people may feel pressure to give pollsters answers that sound enlightened, politically correct, or free of any trace of “bigotry”— a term that has reemerged as a club in the debate over same-sex marriage. Egan, however, claims that social-desirability bias is not responsible for the gap between polling and ballot-box results in this case, a gap that remained squarely in place in the May 2012 marriage and civil-union referendum in North Carolina. However, the phenomenon was mostly absent in the four ballot initiatives last November, when the pro-SSM side was likely aided by the ballot initiatives’ being attached to a presidential election.
Other suspects are the words with which survey questions are constructed. When polling organizations include the term “rights” in their question — as do Gallup, USA Today, and CNN/ORC — support for same-sex marriage is elevated: Each found 54 to 55 percent in favor. Survey respondents appear to react positively to words like “rights,”“freedom,” and “benefits,” and negatively to words like “ban.”
Recognizing this, Quinnipiac University’s pollsters stick to a very generic and brief question:“In general, do you support or oppose same-sex marriage?” The last time they asked it, in late April 2013 — about 30 days after the High Court’s twin deliberations — 45 percent of respondents reported support and 47 percent said they opposed. Eight percent were unsure.
Thank, I did.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you drove around so yea guess you don't...
But yea give me your address. Will stop in. Oh have some of your toothless inbred buddies show up ..Make it fair fight.
You were the one that was threatening to use 3 of your brother/boifriends, last time, remember? You want my address? You can spare enough crack money to hop on your moped and pedal on down here?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
Huh and Rocky, you are acting like two children in a school yard, now both of you go to the unisex restrooms,wash your faces and calm down.
LOL. I love this doushe "huh". He gets all excited at the idea that someone may actually take this shit seriously enough to make a trip.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No....Said they would be there to make sure a wimpy beer bellied punk like you does not use a gun.
Now this time I don't care bring all your inbred KKK buddies. I will come alone. You all better be ready for lots of pain and death. BECAUSE WE USA PATRIOTS DONT LIKE YOU NAZI TRAITORS..........WE HAVE OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION TO STOP YOUR VILE ATTACKS./././././
I hope your little trailer trash inbred nasty kids are there to watch you get beat down jethro.
at least don't act so scared. LOL

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All I heard from you is 'ouch'.
Smile.
Yeah, that's what I thought... Weak as water...

I've schooled you as to how someone who has a gender disorder does not have a sexual disorder.

I've made you look like a fool by distinguishing between a person who voluntarily goes through a process to alter their gender versus a person who is forced to change his or her orientation in order to please people such as yourself.

And I've shown you to be a brutal and stupid person.

Not bad, if I do say so myself...

I think I heard you gasp, followed by a whimper...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You would.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you drove around so yea guess you don't...
But yea give me your address. Will stop in. Oh have some of your toothless inbred buddies show up ..Make it fair fight.
You're gonna travel from MN to OH to get yourself beat up over a silly Topix thread. You're fun!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Gustavo wrote:
You just want to peek.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No....Said they would be there to make sure a wimpy beer bellied punk like you does not use a gun.
Now this time I don't care bring all your inbred KKK buddies. I will come alone. You all better be ready for lots of pain and death. BECAUSE WE USA PATRIOTS DONT LIKE YOU NAZI TRAITORS..........WE HAVE OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION TO STOP YOUR VILE ATTACKS./././././
I hope your little trailer trash inbred nasty kids are there to watch you get beat down jethro.
Whoop!~Whoop! Calm down now spice boy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I love this doushe "huh". He gets all excited at the idea that someone may actually take this shit seriously enough to make a trip.
Priceless! Haven't had one of these clowns in a long time. Takes this silly sh!t seriously. Hope he lasts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What should I be scared of?? He is a beer bellied over 50 inbred Nazi....Nothing to fear for a REAL man like me,.
You're cracking me up here junior. Funny stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 1 hr fatimataranco 20
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr Donny B 7,922
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... 11 hr Pharma Maims Kills 8
Beam me up Scottie 12 hr guest 121
Tongan shot in US, grateful to Chinese Navy sur... 14 hr Zorri 12
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young 21 hr Antioch 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••