Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,151

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211673 Aug 22, 2013
YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211674 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about everything you have posted on Topix. And you are right about me, I am a disturbed troll. I apologize to all gay people for all my offensive posts. Please, I beg you, accept my apology and grant me forgiveness.
Thanks. It is in the past.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211675 Aug 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
I would like to invite you to where I live in Knoxville, TN so that can personally carry out what you believe is God's commandment and "dispatch" me from the planet. If you have the gall to come here day after day and talk about gays not being natural; quoting from scripture, etc. then you shouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger to eliminate me. According to your interpretation of scripture, you'd be doing the world a favor.
You can send me a private message here on TOPIX and I will make sure that you have my address.
Should we set a date?
Now, if you want to consult God--instead of scripture--on how you should deal with homosexuals, that's fine by me. That's what I have encouraged you to do all along.
But if you are a strict adherent to scripture, then you know what you must do.
Duh duh ding dang ding dang ding dang doo. I be a hearin' banjo strings plinkin da toon frum deeeliverance here. Spit! cummon down an geet a leetle bit o' good ol' cuntry gay boy fixins' Speet-toooi, yup weee'll set ya'll right up an then straiten ya right out. a yeee haaa! Down a here in Corrrrn tucky Spitoooeee.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211676 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very comfortably retired. Something you'll never do. Being that you didn't finish school and all. Because you have no motivation. Because you are a stoner and a dope.
Hope that helps. But maybe you can explain yourself better.
Come on man, you know that really hurt them that can't get their life in order. Ahh yesss, retirement, too much time on my hands and have to fill the empty time with doing this kind of silly stuff,,ahhhh the good times!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211677 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I really pity you, to live your life so stupid, and uncomprehending of what anyone says. I know folks with downs syndrome that understand more than you do.
It must be sad, fortunately you are probably totally unaware of it
Wuz dat yu plinkin da bangeo on them front steps in deeliverance missus D (euch) Spitoooeee! You was much skinnier then,, btu yu still had dat beeg fat head. Spatoooie!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211678 Aug 22, 2013
Yeeeehaaawwww less than 2 minutes an I got me 2 2 2 A fire sum nuts an a beeeg 'ol X guess that tar X is for a hug huh?. Hope it was a capitool X, spationg!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211679 Aug 22, 2013
You boys (and bois) gotta scuze me, hick!! it's beer thirty an I gots me a bar a de b q goin and havin an invite. Yeee burp haaaa.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#211680 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no I dont, you ignore it
I am not your teacher kiddo, learn history yourself.
Hmmmmmmmmmm......something is odd in the way you responded. Not the typical Big D sound.....imposter perhaps....oh well....here's some history for ya kiddo.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2005/05/thomas-woo...

It is all very well to point out that important scientists, like Louis Pasteur, have been Catholic. More revealing is how many priests have distinguished themselves in the sciences. It turns out, for instance, that the first person to measure the rate of acceleration of a freely falling body was Fr. Giambattista Riccioli. The man who has been called the father of Egyptology was Fr. Athanasius Kircher (also called "master of a hundred arts" for the breadth of his knowledge). Fr. Roger Boscovich, who has been described as "the greatest genius that Yugoslavia ever produced," has often been called the father of modern atomic theory.

In the sciences it was the Jesuits in particular who distinguished themselves; some 35 craters on the moon, in fact, are named after Jesuit scientists and mathematicians.

By the eighteenth century, the Jesuits

had contributed to the development of pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in some cases before anyone else, the colored bands on Jupiterís surface, the Andromeda nebula and Saturnís rings. They theorized about the circulation of the blood (independently of Harvey), the theoretical possibility of flight, the way the moon effected the tides, and the wave-like nature of light. Star maps of the southern hemisphere, symbolic logic, flood-control measures on the Po and Adige rivers, introducing plus and minus signs into Italian mathematics ó all were typical Jesuit achievements, and scientists as influential as Fermat, Huygens, Leibniz and Newton were not alone in counting Jesuits among their most prized correspondents [Jonathan Wright, The Jesuits, 2004, p. 189].

Seismology, the study of earthquakes, has been so dominated by Jesuits that it has become known as "the Jesuit science." It was a Jesuit, Fr. J.B. Macelwane, who wrote Introduction to Theoretical Seismology, the first seismology textbook in America, in 1936. To this day, the American Geophysical Union, which Fr. Macelwane once headed, gives an annual medal named after this brilliant priest to a promising young geophysicist.

The Jesuits were also the first to introduce Western science into such far-off places as China and India. In seventeenth-century China in particular, Jesuits introduced a substantial body of scientific knowledge and a vast array of mental tools for understanding the physical universe, including the Euclidean geometry that made planetary motion comprehensible. Jesuits made important contributions to the scientific knowledge and infrastructure of other less developed nations not only in Asia but also in Africa and Central and South America. Beginning in the nineteenth century, these continents saw the opening of Jesuit observatories that studied such fields as astronomy, geomagnetism, meteorology, seismology, and solar physics. Such observatories provided these places with accurate time keeping, weather forecasts (particularly important in the cases of hurricanes and typhoons), earthquake risk assessments, and cartography. In Central and South America the Jesuits worked primarily in meteorology and seismology, essentially laying the foundations of those disciplines there. The scientific development of these countries, ranging from Ecuador to Lebanon to the Philippines, is indebted to Jesuit efforts.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#211681 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that, prop 8 didnít affect me in any way at all personally, I donít happen to be gay.
But I do support my fellow Americans because I believe in this country, liberty, freedom and justice.
I am a Vietnam Vet so I too believe in this countries liberty, freedom and justice but I draw a line when the schools I pay taxes for allow trannies the option of rest rooms the chose to use. This is just an example of what's to come.
Rhobbin

Ashburn, VA

#211682 Aug 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The "deviation" from Scripture is entirely yours. There are no verses in the Bible that legitimately translate into a condemnation of homosexuality. None. Quite the contrary, the Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan in 1 Samuel.
Secondly, all of the valid science to date shows a genetic connection to sexual orientation. So, if it is not just the random shuffling of genes for evolution, then it is the choice of the Divine. Sure, it is a man and a woman to make a baby, but the world most certainly does NOT need every person reproducing. Having a few non-breeders is a GOOD thing!
Oh, and finally, the Bible does not say abortion is a sin. The only place it really mentions it, it is no big deal.
I do agree with you except the part about David and Johnathan.
Rhobbin

Fremont, CA

#211683 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Duh duh ding dang ding dang ding dang doo. I be a hearin' banjo strings plinkin da toon frum deeeliverance here. Spit! cummon down an geet a leetle bit o' good ol' cuntry gay boy fixins' Speet-toooi, yup weee'll set ya'll right up an then straiten ya right out. a yeee haaa! Down a here in Corrrrn tucky Spitoooeee.
what is your beef with gays?
Rhobbin

Ashburn, VA

#211684 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, you must have gone to the wrong site because there is testimonies and also doctors that have research genes and homosexuals did not get a gene to make them what they are. We will not discuss this with you any longer. We hope that we have not offended you in anyway, but my husband and I cannot change what God has revealed to us through His Scriptures. Thank you for all your comments, for we are still searching ourselves to know how much more we can serve our Creator.
Are you serious? Why do you speak as "we", you are creepy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211685 Aug 22, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Vietnam Vet so I too believe in this countries liberty, freedom and justice but I draw a line when the schools I pay taxes for allow trannies the option of rest rooms the chose to use. This is just an example of what's to come.
I am a vet as well, and your line has been crossed, it is legal, in more and more states every year, freedom, equality and justice prevailed, America is winning and you are losing.
reals

Santa Ana, CA

#211686 Aug 22, 2013
Rhobbin wrote:
<quoted text>what is your beef with gays?
He was dumped by a big gay dude! Now he's butt hurt. Ouch!
Rhobbin

San Jose, CA

#211687 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Heartandmind, I am sorry We cannot
We love children for we raised 3 of them and for you to suggest that we are hurting them is totally wrong, for we believe that we are helping them by giving them a great start in knowing God through His Son Jesus that can be in their lives and help them with every need including not becoming homosexuals or doing anything that is against our Creator. For this is who we are and this is what God is telling us to do for without God in our lives, we are nothing, for he did it all when he sent His Son to die for our sins and the sins of the world.
we hear you, we know you nuts. We are here where are you? I think you and we hurt your kids? Do we have sex after that? You need a spanking you been bad talking all that carp about what is not your business, I think you want the rear entry. And this is how you ask him.
Rhobbin

San Jose, CA

#211688 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a vet as well, and your line has been crossed, it is legal, in more and more states every year, freedom, equality and justice prevailed, America is winning and you are losing.
what vet school?
The IDs have it

Monrovia, CA

#211691 Aug 22, 2013
Are you sure this is the correct watering hole?

Because I can't hold it any longer, so I'm dumping it here too like all the other idiots do!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211692 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text> Come on man, you know that really hurt them that can't get their life in order. Ahh yesss, retirement, too much time on my hands and have to fill the empty time with doing this kind of silly stuff,,ahhhh the good times!
I know everything and I have plenty of time to tell you all about it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211693 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So you hate freedom and equality...GOT IT ....ok Nazi now move to Iran since you hate the Constitution.
Godwin's Law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211694 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower Tue Anthony V 104
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... Tue Anthony V 27
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Dec 15 Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2
For Google's self-driving cars, learning to dea... Dec 12 Truth 6
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 12 Dom Boyd 18
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:23 am PST

NFL 6:23AM
Derek Carr endorses Tony Sparano as Raiders coach
NBC Sports 7:08 AM
Derek Carr would love to see Tony Sparano return in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Raiders Should Sign Demaryius, Draft Cooper to Fix WR Corps
Bleacher Report 9:33 AM
Insider Buzz: Odds on Best Landing Spots for Jim Harbaugh
NBC Sports10:20 AM
Does Ray McDonald get cut if they are still in playoff hunt?