Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211570 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you post is acceptable, you fcking troll. Now just shutup, Sybil. Take your blathering self righteous bullshyt somewhere else.
kook is getting ready to crack. Don't be mad, Why did they ever label you as gay? def. 2.merry: full of light-heartedness and merriment
, you're none of that. Now queer,queer [ kweer ] 1.not usual: not usual or expected
2.eccentric: eccentric or unconventional
3.suspicious: arousing suspicion
. Now that's more like it. xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211572 Aug 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>In today's society it's not the Westboro Church telling us what is the common accepted standard. In our society today it's more about who is causing harm to others. Suzzane and her coward husband, and I say coward because he sits there and let's her control him, are making comments and posting they support people that do hurt others.
Once again you fools. Where did I refer to any religion??I NEVER mentioned Westboro Church did I now, hon?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211573 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
We are not mean people, but we do have rights to defend ourselves. We only defend ourselves when people are saying things that either they did not understand what we say or they just want to argue about something and now trying to change what we did not write.
if you want to avoid a confrontation, stay away. Get used to it here on topix. After all your hate you have been spitting on people, now you are the victim? LOL And if you have a complaint about a person, complain to topix. If I felt topix was doing damage to my life, then I would leave. Nobody is defaming your character unless all the posts from you about defaming gay people is not from you. If you had a case for being defamed, what harm have you suffered from it? I'm sure your not dumb enough to use your real name? Are you getting phone calls? Emails? threats?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211574 Aug 22, 2013
Cripes, did I make you all look like fools with only one post??? Priceless!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211576 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Must I remind you, you are talking to a dead ass, they have no concept of common decency.de·cen·cy [ d&#63484;ss'nssee ] 1.conformity with moral standards: behavior or an attitude that conforms to the commonly accepted standards of what is right and respectable
Let me see. ummm religion, nope, not mentioned here.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211577 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It was spread by the point of a sword all through the middle ages, whole towns and cities were ordered to convert or die, entire populations wiped out.
I think that is mostly Muhammad in his conquests.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211579 Aug 22, 2013
Guess you queers associate 'commonly accepted standards' , 'right and respectable' as religion, and you being the religious bigots that you are you must be against acceptable standards and respectable behavior. I gots it now. Thanks for the clarity.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211580 Aug 22, 2013
Gay 2.merry: full of light-heartedness and merriment
, you're none of that. Now queer,
queer [ kweer ] 1.not usual: not usual or expected
2.eccentric: eccentric or unconventional
3.suspicious: arousing suspicion
. Now that's more like it. xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211581 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>They're just religious bigots, to them anyone with any morally structured beliefs is the enema. That's just worng, if it were enema they'd probably enjoy it more, enemy,.
Sitting at the porcelain pew (phew), worshiping your asses off, expelling all of your ungodly sins. Feel better yet? Go back and cleanse youself again.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211584 Aug 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
look, i've tried, really tried, to reason with you. i've been polite and respectful of your beliefs while stating fact and truth.
you continue to type things that do harm. that do harm to my fellow human beings. others try to get you to stop because THEY recognize the harm you inflict upon others.
i think, all we can at this point, is just scroll on past your posts without reading & just keep posting the truth of matter in hopes that blather and harmful comments are ignored by those that are facing some issues.
so, from here on out, your posts, as with a few other individuals in this thread, will just be scrolled past without further thought. it's useles to discuss things any further with you as you fail to see the harm you're doing. sadly, you choose to turn a blind eye to the repercussions of your words.
Boo hoo, then leave.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211585 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound mad. Why?
You sound stupid. Why?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211586 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Play on freeway?
Angry homoerotic death threat!

Calm down Poofy. I'll report your sillyass. It's just a silly Topix thread. Don't commit felonies over it. You won't do well in prison.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211587 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>So you worship a Jonny Come Lately god? Homosexuality can be traced back as far as mankind. Good to know.
His God has been around longer than yours, a bowl of spaghetti that can fly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211588 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
You don't understand it so I should Google it. Priceless.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211589 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>No, not true, what is wrong is this. You religious freaks trying to impose your beliefs on others. Trying to govern via the Bible. Not gonna work.
Holy crap, this is funny as can be... Uh ..stupid... repost any of my posts where I refer to religion as my backing. You're a goof.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211590 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What does common decency mean?
Do you support same sex marriage?
Here's how (guess you don't already know so that explains a lot) The little box at the top right hand of your computer (I'm betting you already know the basics of one, or ask your mommy, or one of your daddy's) type in ' c o m m o n d e c e n c y' and read what it says. I already know it won't mean much to you because you already believe in your own self-appointed narcisstic righteousness, but it is a unibiased definition. Good luck sweetcheeks .xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211591 Aug 22, 2013
Dang, if it was unibiased it won't mean as much. Don't be a unbiasedophobe.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211592 Aug 22, 2013
Heartandmind, I am sorry that you are taking everything I say and turning it around, but you cannot tell someone what to say. My husband and my intent is not to hurt anyone. We were discussing what you think that we are hurting children. What we believe and you believe are very different. You go ahead and do it your way, but we are doing it our way, the way that we feel that God would want us to do. We are not telling you what to do and we would greatly appreciate it if you would do the same. You have tried to make it sound that we are out there for some reason and purposely hurting children. The Bible says that if you hurt children then you should have a millstone wrapped around your neck and drowned in the deepest sea. You have no idea how many children we have come in contact with in our past and how many mothers have said thank you for now their children are Christians and living the way God would have them live. We cannot listen to anyone but our Authority and that is our Creator and you or anyone else will never change our minds. We believe that Christ is coming in the next few years and we see how our country of ours is going down the tubes and we are going to witness about Christ and His teachings until the end. I would suggest that you listen to one of the greatest speakers that we personally have ever listened to and his name is Jonathan Cahn, a Hebrew that is a Rabbi Christian Pastor that has a Church with Jews and Christians back east in New Jersey. You can find these messages on your search of Jonathan Cahn and scroll down to you get to these messages that I am telling you about. He was a keynote speaker for President Obama at the Inaguaral Prayer Breakfast in Jan. 2013. This is the most powerful message that I personally ever heard and cried all the way through it. He also spoke at a celebration for President George Washington in the Capitol Building in May of this year and he really gets the message out about what will be happening in our country if we turn away from God and not Obey His Commandments. He also wrote the very well known book of the "HARBINGER" with a "STUDY GUIDE OF THE HARBINGER". This is a story of which 9-11 had almost the same things that happened before, about 700 years B.C.. This is found in Isaiah chapter 9 verse 10. He believes that this verse is a warning because of the simularities of 9-11 and it will happen again soon if we do not ahere to God's Words and those words are found in Second Chronicles chapter 7 verse 14 and I quote: "IF MY PEOPLE, WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME, SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES, AND PRAY, AND SEEK MY FACE, AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN, AND WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN, AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND."

We love children for we raised 3 of them and for you to suggest that we are hurting them is totally wrong, for we believe that we are helping them by giving them a great start in knowing God through His Son Jesus that can be in their lives and help them with every need including not becoming homosexuals or doing anything that is against our Creator. For this is who we are and this is what God is telling us to do for without God in our lives, we are nothing, for he did it all when he sent His Son to die for our sins and the sins of the world.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211594 Aug 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I think that is mostly Muhammad in his conquests.
That happened too, but I am talking specifically about the spread of Christianity in Europe at the point of the sword, the only reason Islam has not caused as much harm is because they have not existed as long, but they are trying to catch up, I don’t feel any better about them.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211595 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry homoerotic death threat!
Calm down Poofy. I'll report your sillyass. It's just a silly Topix thread. Don't commit felonies over it. You won't do well in prison.
Maybe he's referring to the fuzzy expressway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal rescue group finds forever homes 10 hr GOOD CAT DEAD CAT 1
Belmont Cops Racist Wed justice4all 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Wed Calvin James 14
Rouse Properties Executes Three H&M Leases at K... Nov 25 kev 1
Complaints Against Google+ Nov 24 Ditto 93
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:18 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:18PM
Seahawks lead 49ers 7-0 after 1 quarter
NBC Sports 6:48 PM
Russell Wilson giving 49ers' defense fits in first half
NBC Sports 7:10 PM
Seahawks lead 49ers 13-0 at halftime - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 7:11 PM
49ers struggle in first half, down two scores
Bleacher Report 7:18 PM
Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael's Post-Week 13 Fantasy Reaction