Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,154)

Showing posts 183,061 - 183,080 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer to this as the "why must you change the definition of voting?"
If you are going to say that woman voting is the same as men voting, they why is there then not one similar example of a proportionate presence of women voting in even ONE culture from start to finish of the culture's existence like men voting has?
More fairy tales from Greggie!!
<quoted text>
Why is there then not one similar example of the acceptance of inter-racial 'marriage' in even ONE culture from the start to finish of the culture's existence like same race marriage has?
Ooooh, do keep those fairy tales coming Greggie!!
<quoted text>
Why is there not one geographical location, where handicap rights established a foothold, held and spread like other rights did?
Keep 'em rolling Greggie!
<quoted text>
There is historical evidence of a brief and rare presence of various religious cults in a few cultures, but they NEVER took root and spread. Why?
My goodness, fairytale hour sure is fun today Greggie!
<quoted text>
In fact, there is also historical evidence that even when inter-racial 'marriage' did begin to show up, it was resisted.
Historical context. The argument of idiots. Smirk.
Wow. hysterical much?
papo

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
I think that some of the people on the forum may be having high pressure by reading my post!! It really does not bother my husband or myself at all of you are calling me or my husband filthy names or nasty comments, for all we have said is to not read our post and then you will not have a heart attack. It seems as though when we quote Scripture that everybody is in a turmoil. WOW!! Does God's Word bother you that much? Take a break, have a cup a coffee and calm down before you have a stroke. God will still be waiting for you until the end of time. May God Bless your Day!!
Take it easy Saint Suzy, your not that important that some here will have a stroke because a silly post.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Where's Big D? Hope all this religious stuff hasn't given him a stroke!
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a buybull?
WOW!! How interesting it is that people misquote, misinterpet and a whole lot of other things. As you can see that we do not call people names, we do not use filthly language for we really do not put people down either. I tell them to move on if we feel that we are going nowhere fast. It is not worth my time to argue with anyone, for it gets people upset and you end up sick. We try to live as peaceful lives as we can in our home and we always to the best of our ability put Christ First. We always turn to him when there is any problems that we face everyday. It seems as though that people just do not want to move on and when my husband and I make comments, they get sick. Well, that's life, you cannot win everbody on your side and we knew that when we got on this forum and as we said before, we really do not want people reading what we say beings they are not interested anyway and move on to someelse to argue with or they like what they say. After all, they did not like Jesus and because we quote His Word, then will not like us. We only quote the Scriptures and use some our own comments about my husband and my experiences and for some reason people on the forum are going crazy. Well, this means that the Word must be getting to them like it did when Jesus was on the earth. He would have taken the Jews under his wings, but they would not hear him then and they will not hear him now, so what happened, in 70 A.D. Jeruselem was destroyed and the Jews fled for the hills. This is the same as yesterday, but God's Word will always stand the same forever and ever. Amen & Amen. Have a Blessed Day today.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood. Grazie
<quoted text>
They'll still children Big Red. The point is marriage is the means by which society regulates in a way the sexual, potentially procreative, union of men and women. Its not a stand alone means for adult happiness.
Then let me make a recommendation to those of you who wish to tie children so closely to matrimony. The following regulations should be initiated immediately:

1.) Mandate that all potential married couples be thoroughly examined by a medical doctor to be sure that they are capable of having children. Any couples who are found to be infertile should be denied a license to wed.

2.) Create a licensing process that mandates all potential married couples agree to have at least one child by a certain date. If the couple does not produce an offspring by a certain time, then the marriage will be nullified. Couples who have repeated miscarriages would be given a specific period of time to treat the causes. If the miscarriages continue to happen then the marriage should be nullified.

3.) Potential married couples and married couples who cannot conceive within a certain period of time must agree to adopt a child within a certain period of time. If they fail the adoption screening or for any reason refuse to adopt a child then the marriage should be nullified.

4.) Married couples should have their marriages nullified the moment their youngest child moves out onto their own.

5.) The U.S. population should be closely monitored for a drop in birthrates. If birthrates fall below a certain point then single, heterosexual individuals should be mandated to marry and procreate. If the population raises above a to-be-determined point then all marriage licenses should be stopped. Couples found to have children out of wedlock should be heavily fined.

Sounds like a plan... Why don't you guys get right on it?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Jesus-loves-you for defending God's Word. It is amazing when people say that they are Christian and then they try to remove Scripture. For God's Word is the "SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER". These amazing writings are to show us how to live, how to have God's Love and how to have Salvation through God's Son Jesus so that we can have Eternal Life. I tell people all the time that you cannot deviate God's Holy Word ever. Who are we that can pick and choose what we do not like in Scripture to support our life style? If we start removing Scripture, then there will be nothing left and if everything in Scripture means something else, then we have no Scripture left and then it would be confusion and God said he is NOT the author of confusion. I would warn people that God will not allow you to start taking Scripture out to fit thier lifestyle for they will have to face our Creator someday in the second Resurrection which is the ones who did not ahere to God's Word and did not believe. People that say that they have accepted Christ as their Savior and Lord of their lives, then I would ask them if you Love Christ, OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. Some will say that the Word is written in their hearts, that is true, but the Word written in their hearts MUST not go against Christ.
Thank you again for your stand for God Word through His Son Jesus. Praise His Holy Name!!
So those people who live in areas of the world where Christianity is either unheard of or forbidden are just out of luck? You believe that they live in "confusion" and incapable of being touched by the Holy Spirit?

I simply do not agree, Suzanne.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I'm reading such bigoted BS! What the fk you know 'what gays want' and the interests of the state? Fking self-righteous troll, you're dehumanizing people and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian! More like Christardo! POS
Mikey, you are being a crude, vulgar idiot again.

The post simply noted that ss couples possess NOTHING that merits the interest of the state. They demand that children be removed from consideration in marriage. Now they want to turn around and claim state interest because they have manufactured default families???

A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of a father or mother. A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of at least one natural parent.

The latest, largest and most scientific study to date rated lesbian couples LAST, behind single parents out of numerous default family settings. Gay couples didn't even register!!!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fck off, "krissy".
He/she just told you to be quiet.
..do what your told...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had short replies disappear.
Kookla is just trying to be relevant. Apparently, "Fck off" wasn't working for him....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) When listing a series of opinions, maybe consider taking the time to list them as bullet points.
2.) So, all of the children born outside of wedlock aren't children? What are they?
They aren't little "know-it-alls" and "holier-than-thou" types, like you are....
"Bullet points"....guffaw..
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So those people who live in areas of the world where Christianity is either unheard of or forbidden are just out of luck? You believe that they live in "confusion" and incapable of being touched by the Holy Spirit?
I simply do not agree, Suzanne.
That is fine that you disagree, but I would like to quote a couple of verses found in Romans Chapter 1 Verses 18-20 and I quote: "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Thank you for your comment.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet there are many many cultures that could say all that for slavery
Just because something was true in the past, doesn't make it a good thing
Neither is it dismissable, just to satisfy the cravings of a few (very) abberants. The past had all sorts of good things to offer....Toilet paper, for one. Medical advancement, for another. Need I go on?
KiMare made his point, as usual. Gays have never been accepted as a valid coupling. Until we came along, with our "exploitable" Constitution. Given loopholes, the gays are advancing. Our Framers left us open to this, due to the fact that they never foresaw the insanity coming our way.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people can be really opinionated horses asses.
NEXT!
"Next"? Are you serious? If you don't like the majority having the majority say, then might I suggest that you find somewhere else to defile? WE have every right to say what WE will allow and what WE won't. You're like a bum getting on the bus, driving everyone else off, due to his effluvia, and not giving a rats ass about how he smells.

Damn...."the majority is a bunch of opinionated horses asses." Damn....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood. Grazie
<quoted text>
They'll still children Big Red. The point is marriage is the means by which society regulates in a way the sexual, potentially procreative, union of men and women. Its not a stand alone means for adult happiness.
Nicely said. Todays "SSM" is a means to personal gratification, not meant to promote the common welfare.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said marriage is a necessary constraint for mating behavior.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Mating behavior happens just fine without marriage. Your necessity is completely made up.
Today's fairytale hour has been brought to you by Gregory Kirschmann, everyone's favorite nincompoop!
I didn't say mating behavior didn't happen just fine.

The fact that it does necessitates a framework to deal with the results of mating behavior. Even an idiot knows that!

However a ss couple claiming to be married doesn't understand that, because their mating behavior is defective. It only results in reamed a//es. I suspect that is why you are so angry.

But the bottom line is you not only don't need the constraint of marriage, you don't qualify.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Christianity is not the cause but you can say it is because he blamed it on the wrong cause too.
Priceless.
I did? What was the cause, as you see it? I think that there were many reasons, and splitting the Empire was another that i didn't mention.
sheesh

Oakton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I do not agree because there is no inbetween, you are either for Christ or against Christ. You either believe in His Word or you do not, for those who do not ahere to His teachings must not like him very much because they have no fear of what God will do to them in the end of the world. They have that chance to receive until their death, but I personally would not wait because they do not know when your end will come.
What then is to become of the Jews? Will Jesus abandon his own people?

What of the numerous Christian faiths that believe theirs is the one true religion. All of them accept Jesus Christ as Savior, but many think theirs is the one true religion.
Where is my deceased father, a devout Methodist? Where will my mother, a devout Methodist go? What of my oldest brother, changed to the Baptist faith by marriage? My sister, somewhere in between Baptist and Methodist? My next oldest brother, still deeply faithful but wandering from the Methodist Church we grew up in? And my slightly older brother, gone to the Pentecostal Church by marriage?

You enter my church the moment you walk out of your house. What is to become of me?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now quote the case where people were refused a marriage license because they lacked either the intent, or ability to have children.
There are millions of such cases in the US, show me the case where one of them was refused a marriage license.
Lack of fertility used to be a cause for annulment. But, as the rational reasons for marriage have been swept away, this is no longer allowed to be relevant. Your incessant lobbying has seen to that.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know, I donít have a problem with most Christians
But most Christians do not try and preach to my children and grandchildren without my or their parents consent, they donít belittle people different than themselves, I know quite a few that supported same sex marriage.
The problem is, most Christians, are not the "vocal" Christians that are giving Christianity a bad name.
I do see that you recognize this.
And, I don't have any problems with most of the gays, either. But (to paraphrase)But most gays do not try and preach to my children and grandchildren without my, or their parents, consent, they donít belittle people who have different opinions than themselves, I know quite a few them think that they have a right to speak to my kids in 1st grade about sexual matters, but they have no right to do so.

I imagine that it's now time to rip "my" argument apart... Now that the shoe has found itself on the other foot....

And, I don't think that it's correct to eliminate the gender barriers in school restrooms. I know that Chongo and I had differences about this exact issue. It would seem that Chongo has gotten its way...
In my opinion, they need to build alternate facilities for the 3rd type of kids, the "mixed up" signs can't be that expensive to produce. They have no right to force themselves into restrooms for the normal kids, the ones who had no issues, up until now...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Popess wrote:
Saudi King Demands UN Resolution Condemning Religious Insults.
Go jam sand up your oil pipe Saudi puke.
I certainly hope that he intends for Christianity to be a protected class, as well....
Maybe they can stop vilifying Christians....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,061 - 183,080 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Review: Adecco Staffing Services Sat Amrita Singh 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... Jul 10 candylee 1
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••