Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,041 - 183,060 of 200,625 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210940 Aug 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be under the impression that you hold some authority in here. You don't, nor do people like you. I'll read and respond to whatever I damn well please.
You got that right, as a Christian, I am very sorry to read comments from a disgusting person as this. Please don't think all Christians are like this.

Sacramento, CA

#210941 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dead wrong, for we cannot discuss things because you think that you are right just like I think that we are right and believe me someone is wrong and we will have to wait until the end to see..
Then YOU keep telling people they are going to Hell and I will keep loving them.

Sacramento, CA

#210942 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dead wrong, for we cannot discuss things because you think that you are right just like I think that we are right and believe me someone is wrong and we will have to wait until the end to see. God has told us to Obey his Commandments and your arguments do not make any sense to us, so we both have to move on to our own journey. We have taken the time to quote many Scripures, but you either do not believe them or ignore them or twist them around, we really do not know, but believe us, this really does not happen in our Studies because we DO NOT deviate from the Word. The Holy Spirit teaches them, we don't, and he shows them the way. This is what Apostle Paul was warning about to the Corinth Church, but he did say to follow him and he was given the revelation of Christ's teachings and we obey what he says. Have a happy and safe journey and May God teach you like we have to be taught daily.
This thread is not about YOU. I have quoted scriptures and you ignore them. I asked you if we can hate homosexuals because of Leviticus and you can't answer, I say get in a good Church, you need some outside help, you are way out of touch. Start loving people for who they are, Let God be God.
Chocolate shake

Sacramento, CA

#210943 Aug 19, 2013
WOWed wrote:
You're so bad at WoW, you thought the level cap was a wearable item.
Remember when Mahmoud taught you how to spell rode? HAHAHAHAHAHA
papo

Santa Ana, CA

#210944 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dead wrong, for we cannot discuss things because you think that you are right just like I think that we are right and believe me someone is wrong and we will have to wait until the end to see. God has told us to Obey his Commandments and your arguments do not make any sense to us, so we both have to move on to our own journey. We have taken the time to quote many Scripures, but you either do not believe them or ignore them or twist them around, we really do not know, but believe us, this really does not happen in our Studies because we DO NOT deviate from the Word. The Holy Spirit teaches them, we don't, and he shows them the way. This is what Apostle Paul was warning about to the Corinth Church, but he did say to follow him and he was given the revelation of Christ's teachings and we obey what he says. Have a happy and safe journey and May God teach you like we have to be taught daily.
Have you gotten LAID lately? You should try it once in a while its a stress reliever . Its ok its not a sin or is it? Let me know I don't want to die on top of my girlfriend.
BainBridges

Monrovia, CA

#210945 Aug 19, 2013
A 10K brain attached to a 9600 baud mouth.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#210946 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right, as a Christian, I am very sorry to read comments from a disgusting person as this. Please don't think all Christians are like this.
I don't, and never have. I tend to separate Christians from fundamentalists. And this one takes the cake on the latter.

Been loving your posts today by the way!
BlueCrossedOut

Monrovia, CA

#210947 Aug 19, 2013
Blue Screen of Death
In a surprise announcement today, Microsoft President Steve Ballmer revealed that the Redmond-based company will allow computer resellers and end-users to customize the appearance of the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), the screen that displays when the Windows operating system crashes.

The move comes as the result of numerous focus groups and customer surveys done by Microsoft. Thousands of Microsoft customers were asked, "What do you spend the most time doing on your computer?"

A surprising number of respondents said, "Staring at a Blue Screen of Death." At 54 percent, it was the top answer, beating the second place answer "Downloading XXXScans" by an easy 12 points.

"We immediately recognized this as a great opportunity for ourselves, our channel partners, and especially our customers," explained the excited Ballmer to a room full of reporters.

Immense video displays were used to show images of the new customizable BSOD screen side-by-side with the older static version. Users can select from a collection of "BSOD Themes," allowing them to instead have a Mauve Screen of Death or even a Paisley Screen of Death. Graphics and multimedia content can now be incorporated into the screen, making the BSOD the perfect conduit for delivering product information and entertainment to Windows users.

The BSOD is by far the most recognized feature of the Windows operating system, and as a result, Microsoft has historically insisted on total control over its look and feel. This recent departure from that policy reflects Microsoft's recognition of the Windows desktop itself as the "ultimate information portal." By default, the new BSOD will be configured to show a random selection of Microsoft product information whenever the system crashes. Microsoft channel partners can negotiate with Microsoft for the right to customize the BSOD on systems they ship.

Major computer resellers such as Compaq, Gateway, and Dell are already lining up for premier placement on the new and improved BSOD. Ballmer concluded by getting a dig in against the Open Source community. "This just goes to show that Microsoft continues to innovate at a much faster pace than open source. I have yet to see any evidence that Linux even has a BSOD, let alone a customizable one."
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210948 Aug 19, 2013
To whom it may concern,

This verse is taken from Second Timothy chapter 3 verse 16-17 and I quote: "All Scripture is given by the inspirition of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works." Have a Blessed Day Everyone!!
BlueCrossedOut

Monrovia, CA

#210949 Aug 19, 2013
Care And Feeding Of Your Computer
I've been working on a project at work to ensure all our end users know how to back up data in preparation for company wide computer upgrades. I'm tempted to hand this out to some of our users.

1. Never leave diskettes in the disk drive, as data can leak out of the disk and corrode the inner mechanics of the drive. Diskettes should be rolled up and stored in pencil holders.

2. Diskettes should be cleaned and waxed once a week. Microscopic metal particles can be removed by waving a powerful magnet over the surface of the disk. Any stubborn metallic shavings can be removed with scouring powder and soap. When waxing diskettes, make sure application is even. This will allow the diskettes to spin faster, resulting in better access time.

3. Do not fold diskettes unless they do not fit in the drive. "Big" diskettes may be folded and used in "little" disk drives.

4. Never insert a disk into the drive upside down. The data can fall off the surface of the disk and jam the intricate mechanics of the drive.

5. Diskettes cannot be backed up by running them through the Xerox machine. If your data needs to be backed up, simply insert two diskettes together into the drive whenever you update a document; the data will be recorded on both diskettes.

6. Diskettes should not be inserted into or removed from the drive while the red light is flashing. Doing so could result in smeared or possibly unreadable text. Occasionally the red light continues to flash in what is known as a "hung" or "hooked" state. If your system is "hooking" you, you will probably need to insert several dollars before being allowed to access the disk drive.

7. If your diskette is full and you need more storage space, remove the disk from the drive and shake vigorously for two minutes. This will pack the data ("data compression") enough to allow for more storage. Be sure to cover all the openings with scotch tape to prevent loss of data.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210950 Aug 19, 2013
I think that some of the people on the forum may be having high pressure by reading my post!! It really does not bother my husband or myself at all of you are calling me or my husband filthy names or nasty comments, for all we have said is to not read our post and then you will not have a heart attack. It seems as though when we quote Scripture that everybody is in a turmoil. WOW!! Does God's Word bother you that much? Take a break, have a cup a coffee and calm down before you have a stroke. God will still be waiting for you until the end of time. May God Bless your Day!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210951 Aug 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look here! Suzanne thinks she can fool people into believing she's two different people!!!
Hey Suzanne, you do realize this paints you as even more pathetic than we had thought. It's also deceitful, which goes against the rules of your buybull.
What's a buybull?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210952 Aug 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer to this as the "why must you change the definition of voting?"
If you are going to say that woman voting is the same as men voting, they why is there then not one similar example of a proportionate presence of women voting in even ONE culture from start to finish of the culture's existence like men voting has?
More fairy tales from Greggie!!
<quoted text>
Why is there then not one similar example of the acceptance of inter-racial 'marriage' in even ONE culture from the start to finish of the culture's existence like same race marriage has?
Ooooh, do keep those fairy tales coming Greggie!!
<quoted text>
Why is there not one geographical location, where handicap rights established a foothold, held and spread like other rights did?
Keep 'em rolling Greggie!
<quoted text>
There is historical evidence of a brief and rare presence of various religious cults in a few cultures, but they NEVER took root and spread. Why?
My goodness, fairytale hour sure is fun today Greggie!
<quoted text>
In fact, there is also historical evidence that even when inter-racial 'marriage' did begin to show up, it was resisted.
Historical context. The argument of idiots. Smirk.
Wow. hysterical much?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
papo

Santa Ana, CA

#210955 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I think that some of the people on the forum may be having high pressure by reading my post!! It really does not bother my husband or myself at all of you are calling me or my husband filthy names or nasty comments, for all we have said is to not read our post and then you will not have a heart attack. It seems as though when we quote Scripture that everybody is in a turmoil. WOW!! Does God's Word bother you that much? Take a break, have a cup a coffee and calm down before you have a stroke. God will still be waiting for you until the end of time. May God Bless your Day!!
Take it easy Saint Suzy, your not that important that some here will have a stroke because a silly post.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210956 Aug 19, 2013
Where's Big D? Hope all this religious stuff hasn't given him a stroke!
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210957 Aug 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a buybull?
WOW!! How interesting it is that people misquote, misinterpet and a whole lot of other things. As you can see that we do not call people names, we do not use filthly language for we really do not put people down either. I tell them to move on if we feel that we are going nowhere fast. It is not worth my time to argue with anyone, for it gets people upset and you end up sick. We try to live as peaceful lives as we can in our home and we always to the best of our ability put Christ First. We always turn to him when there is any problems that we face everyday. It seems as though that people just do not want to move on and when my husband and I make comments, they get sick. Well, that's life, you cannot win everbody on your side and we knew that when we got on this forum and as we said before, we really do not want people reading what we say beings they are not interested anyway and move on to someelse to argue with or they like what they say. After all, they did not like Jesus and because we quote His Word, then will not like us. We only quote the Scriptures and use some our own comments about my husband and my experiences and for some reason people on the forum are going crazy. Well, this means that the Word must be getting to them like it did when Jesus was on the earth. He would have taken the Jews under his wings, but they would not hear him then and they will not hear him now, so what happened, in 70 A.D. Jeruselem was destroyed and the Jews fled for the hills. This is the same as yesterday, but God's Word will always stand the same forever and ever. Amen & Amen. Have a Blessed Day today.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#210958 Aug 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood. Grazie
<quoted text>
They'll still children Big Red. The point is marriage is the means by which society regulates in a way the sexual, potentially procreative, union of men and women. Its not a stand alone means for adult happiness.
Then let me make a recommendation to those of you who wish to tie children so closely to matrimony. The following regulations should be initiated immediately:

1.) Mandate that all potential married couples be thoroughly examined by a medical doctor to be sure that they are capable of having children. Any couples who are found to be infertile should be denied a license to wed.

2.) Create a licensing process that mandates all potential married couples agree to have at least one child by a certain date. If the couple does not produce an offspring by a certain time, then the marriage will be nullified. Couples who have repeated miscarriages would be given a specific period of time to treat the causes. If the miscarriages continue to happen then the marriage should be nullified.

3.) Potential married couples and married couples who cannot conceive within a certain period of time must agree to adopt a child within a certain period of time. If they fail the adoption screening or for any reason refuse to adopt a child then the marriage should be nullified.

4.) Married couples should have their marriages nullified the moment their youngest child moves out onto their own.

5.) The U.S. population should be closely monitored for a drop in birthrates. If birthrates fall below a certain point then single, heterosexual individuals should be mandated to marry and procreate. If the population raises above a to-be-determined point then all marriage licenses should be stopped. Couples found to have children out of wedlock should be heavily fined.

Sounds like a plan... Why don't you guys get right on it?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#210959 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Jesus-loves-you for defending God's Word. It is amazing when people say that they are Christian and then they try to remove Scripture. For God's Word is the "SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER". These amazing writings are to show us how to live, how to have God's Love and how to have Salvation through God's Son Jesus so that we can have Eternal Life. I tell people all the time that you cannot deviate God's Holy Word ever. Who are we that can pick and choose what we do not like in Scripture to support our life style? If we start removing Scripture, then there will be nothing left and if everything in Scripture means something else, then we have no Scripture left and then it would be confusion and God said he is NOT the author of confusion. I would warn people that God will not allow you to start taking Scripture out to fit thier lifestyle for they will have to face our Creator someday in the second Resurrection which is the ones who did not ahere to God's Word and did not believe. People that say that they have accepted Christ as their Savior and Lord of their lives, then I would ask them if you Love Christ, OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. Some will say that the Word is written in their hearts, that is true, but the Word written in their hearts MUST not go against Christ.
Thank you again for your stand for God Word through His Son Jesus. Praise His Holy Name!!
So those people who live in areas of the world where Christianity is either unheard of or forbidden are just out of luck? You believe that they live in "confusion" and incapable of being touched by the Holy Spirit?

I simply do not agree, Suzanne.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#210960 Aug 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I'm reading such bigoted BS! What the fk you know 'what gays want' and the interests of the state? Fking self-righteous troll, you're dehumanizing people and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian! More like Christardo! POS
Mikey, you are being a crude, vulgar idiot again.

The post simply noted that ss couples possess NOTHING that merits the interest of the state. They demand that children be removed from consideration in marriage. Now they want to turn around and claim state interest because they have manufactured default families???

A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of a father or mother. A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of at least one natural parent.

The latest, largest and most scientific study to date rated lesbian couples LAST, behind single parents out of numerous default family settings. Gay couples didn't even register!!!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210961 Aug 19, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fck off, "krissy".
He/she just told you to be quiet.
..do what your told...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Stirrer of merde 5,019
Will Eric Schmidt Destroy Google? 8 hr Awesome 27
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 8 hr Awesome 30
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr papersup 15,971
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr punch tips 7,935
Download Viber Messages Monitoring Application ... 20 hr jackydenny 1
Hunting for fun Sun Boner boy 1
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••