Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,153)

Showing posts 183,041 - 183,060 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jam Bo Ree

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The Birth Of Yahoo
An old, bearded shepherd, with a crooked staff, walks up to a stone pulpit and says ... And, lo, it came to pass that the trader by the name of Abraham.Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she had been called Amazon Dot Com. And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why doth thou travel far from town to town with thy goods, when thou can trade without ever leaving thy tent?" And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?" And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale and they will reply telling you which hath the best price. And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)." Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. And Dot said, "There will be a lot of banging in the land." And Abraham replied, "It is my most fervent wish that this be so." And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had, at the top price, without ever moving from his tent. But his success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabia did secret himself inside Abraham's drum and was accused of insider trading. And the young did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites, or NERDS for short. And, lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums, that no one noticed that the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who bought up every drum company in the land. And indeed did insist on making drums that would only work if you bought Brother William's drumsticks. And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others." And as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel, or as it came to be known, "eBay," he said, "We need a name of a service that reflects what we are." And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "Whoopee!" said Abraham. "No, YAHOO!" said Dot Com.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to belong to a organization called ( saveCalifornia.com ) and they have been fighting AB1266 for sometime now. This (trans gender) thing is really so disgusting that it is just one more thing that God is looking at and that man is going down the tubes. Our country is not the country that when our forefathers lived here. They would be turning over in their graves right now if they knew what was happening. Jerry Brown is nothing like his father, for my father was a good friend of Pat Brown when he was the governor of California way back when. My father would not of had much to do with a governor if they signed AB1266 to start taking place in Jan.2014. Please God help America before it is to late for us, for so many people have become so evil that is makes one sick to their stomachs.
No dear. You're disgusting, not the transgendered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
When my husband and I had our Fellowship, we talked about possibly having gays coming to join us and we were fine with it, but as Jesus told the diciples that when they went out to teach people the Word of God and His plan of Salvation and if they did not receive their message, then dust your feet off and move on. I was approached by a friend of mine one time that was thinking possibly like you are thinking that I would never tolerate a gay, well she was deadly wrong, for she owned a restaurant that alot of gays came to and she liked them very much, but she was trying to follow Christ also, so she said to me, these gay men were leaving town and wanted my husband and I to join them for dinner because they felt that they had been so nice to them when they came into the restaurant, so she said, what would you do if you were in that situation (at the time, I felt like she may be trapping me), but to her surprise without hesitation on my part, I said that I would go if I could help them to learn more about Scripture so they would not sin anymore, but I would not go just to say goodby because they would probably never see them again. I really do not know what she actually did, but I think she thought that I would never talk to them and that was not true at all. We were all under sin at one time of our lives, but my husband and I made a committment to God through His Son Jesus and how will they know if we do not tell them? For Christ came for the lost!!
And this one time, at band camp.....
sheesh

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, asked me for quotes to the admissions I provided, I will ask you the same, can you use a search engine? That fact about the RCC and gay priest child molestation is so basic and so common knowledge, that anyone would assume that you have no knowledge of how to use a search engine.
I googled "Sandusky admits being gay" and got nothing viable. I googled "pedophile priest admits being gay" and got nothing viable.

I've got some news for you, I shouldn't be the one that has to prove your point. You made the claim, back it up with some evidence. I'll make it simple for you. Provide quotes from Sandusky and from Priests found guilty of child molestation where they admit they are gay. Otherwise carry on making allegations you can't back up but don't get your little knickers in a twist when someone calls you out on your dishonesty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
This organization is against gay marriage, not gays as people.
Being against gays marrying is being against gays as people. Sorry dear, but you don't get to assuage your bigotry.
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
They do not agree with homosexual activity
There is no such thing as homosexual activity. There are no activities that only gays do or are capable of. More propaganda, nothing more.
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
at all, but they are trying to help gays if they can and many of them have left the gay community and have become Christians and have families now and are happy campers. Look up on your search "NOT BORN THAT WAY" and you will see testimonies of ex-gays and what a Blessing that they came out of their sin the same way we do and that is any Sin that is defined in Scripture Galatians Chapter 5.
Your ex gay nonsense is a myth.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/08/05/2414...

Your ex-gay nonsense is harmful.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-19/the-imp...

The poster child or your beloved movement says it's bullshyt.
http://www.glaad.org/news/john-paulk-formally...

Your ex-gay nonsense is being banned, state by state for being fraudulent.
http://lezgetreal.com/2013/08/ex-gay-therapy-...

You're a fraud. You want to help no one. You only seek to harm people, because you're a religious nutball. Shame on you.
papo

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence the pope has buggered any 10 year olds.
That's fuxk up. But funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you want to claim that;
~ Gay unions are 'natural'.
~ Gay unions are the same as marriage.
1. Why is there then not one similar example of a proportionate presence of gay 'marriage' in even ONE culture from start to finish of the culture's existence like marriage has?
I refer to this as the "why must you change the definition of voting?"
If you are going to say that woman voting is the same as men voting, they why is there then not one similar example of a proportionate presence of women voting in even ONE culture from start to finish of the culture's existence like men voting has?

More fairy tales from Greggie!!
KiMare wrote:
2. Why is there then not one similar example of the acceptance of gay 'marriage' in even ONE culture from the start to finish of the culture's existence like marriage has?
Why is there then not one similar example of the acceptance of inter-racial 'marriage' in even ONE culture from the start to finish of the culture's existence like same race marriage has?

Ooooh, do keep those fairy tales coming Greggie!!
KiMare wrote:
3. Why is there not one geographical location, where gay 'marriage' established a foothold, held and spread like marriage did?
Why is there not one geographical location, where handicap rights established a foothold, held and spread like other rights did?

Keep 'em rolling Greggie!
KiMare wrote:
4. There is historical evidence of a brief and rare presence of gay 'marriage' in a few cultures, but they NEVER took root and spread. Why?
There is historical evidence of a brief and rare presence of various religious cults in a few cultures, but they NEVER took root and spread. Why?

My goodness, fairytale hour sure is fun today Greggie!
KiMare wrote:
5. In fact, there is also historical evidence that even when gay 'marriage' did begin to show up, it was resisted.
In fact, there is also historical evidence that even when inter-racial 'marriage' did begin to show up, it was resisted.

Historical context. The argument of idiots. Smirk.
sheesh

Culpeper, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
we do know that most of the world hate God and His Word,
I do believe you are wrong on this matter. Most of the people I know are God fearing Christians. They're a bit wide of the mark on being perfect, but I'm not aware of any that claim they are. Some are genuine and some are hypocrites. I'd be willing to agree that some do actually hate Christianity, but they do have their own view of God and do worship and love God. They just don't share your view of God. I also know a few atheists and agnostics. None of them hate God or His Word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, procreation is the state interest that gets the state involved in marriages.
It is "an" interest, not "the only" interest.

Feel free to try again. You can come back with your original argument once the State begins denying marriage to individuals that choose not to procreate, or are incapable of procreating, and when the state voids the marriages of those that don't succeed in procreating.

Thanks for stopping by with such a stupid post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

julianna mungo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless You! You have captured the very essence of the church of the Sepulchre and the Scriptures. You and We Who Know do not let the shadows overtake you. Bless You. The true believer knows that all others who refrain from complete commitment and who do not bow down to the Lord are indeed the offal in the slaughterhouse of life and they are stench and vile and ghastly and deserving not at all of compassion or mercy for they are cursed because they are not as we are and we are as God has made us, which then means that they who are not as we are as they are made that way by Satan. We cannot tolerate this, He has said unto us; Go Forth and Strike Down All Such Sinners that Ye Shall Know Them. Do unto others before they do unto you, and cleanse the path for the righteous. BLESS YOU.
Hey look here! Suzanne thinks she can fool people into believing she's two different people!!!

Hey Suzanne, you do realize this paints you as even more pathetic than we had thought. It's also deceitful, which goes against the rules of your buybull.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very disturbed by your comments. We are not worried at all that 99% of the people on this forum are not interested in what we have to say, we do know that most of the world hate God and His Word, but there are a few out there that may need help and if just one person needs guidance, it will be worth it all. If you are a Christian, why don't you try and help those out there that are lost and not write us back, for we are getting nowhere fast. I am not judging you that you will not be saved in the end, for God is the final Judge, but I have lots of Christian friends and we are one in Christ. Most of your questions that you are asking us, you should know already unless you are trying to argue. I did not think we were having a debate, for Christians really should not be debating (of which my Christians friends do not dabate for we are on the same page), unless one feels that the other is going to a organization that is not Christian and we have been there and debated with other cults. If people on this forum do not ahere to Scriptures, they are not hurting me, for they are hurting our Creator, so they really are turned off with God. Remember the Apostles when they went door to door, they were to dust their feet off and move on if the people did not accept Christ. You do not know us at all and you have no idea how God has worked in our lives to help others and God Gets The Glory. I do not feel as though we can discuss things because they will turn into arguements because for some reason, we are not on the same page. I do not know what it is, but my husband said last evening, he felt as though most of you want to argue and not listen to God's Word. I am in contact with alot of Christians and really do not feel like they are arguing with us, but with you, we still do not know where you stand with Christ. For if you remove any Scripture and deviate from any Scripture, then we know for sure that we are not one in Christ.
I just asked you simple questions on the stuff you post. I don't think telling people they are going to hell is winning recruits. As a Christian I don't do that. I don't send my money to groups that do that and spend money protecting our kids from homosexuals. We can't discuss things because you play God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments also do not belong on this forum, so please do not read my post for they are not directed to people like you. You quote from Scripture, but do you really Study the Scriptures?
You seem to be under the impression that you hold some authority in here. You don't, nor do people like you. I'll read and respond to whatever I damn well please.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jam Bo Ree wrote:
The Top Internet Commandments
Cute, but my personal favorites are the 8 "I really rather you didnt's" from the Church of FSM.

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build multi million-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): A. Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you are wrong on this matter. Most of the people I know are God fearing Christians. They're a bit wide of the mark on being perfect, but I'm not aware of any that claim they are. Some are genuine and some are hypocrites. I'd be willing to agree that some do actually hate Christianity, but they do have their own view of God and do worship and love God. They just don't share your view of God. I also know a few atheists and agnostics. None of them hate God or His Word.
Thank you for your response. I do not agree because there is no inbetween, you are either for Christ or against Christ. You either believe in His Word or you do not, for those who do not ahere to His teachings must not like him very much because they have no fear of what God will do to them in the end of the world. They have that chance to receive until their death, but I personally would not wait because they do not know when your end will come.
papo

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo! Well said.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with Randy and you do not know him at all and you are making a arguement that is not correct at all. He is trying his best to protect children and I am to. I have written to supervisors, county clerks & Jerry Brown who by the way, his father was very good friends of my father, and Jerry Brown is nothing like Pat Brown was when he was Governor way back when. We are here to help children and I really think you had better Study more of the Scripures because Jesus said in Matthew Chapter 18 verse 6 and I quote: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drownded in the depth of the sea." My husband and I watched a video on the internet a few weeks back on this subject of being taught that homosexuality is normal and it made us sick. They showed very small children on the classroom floor listening to their teacher read a book on mommies and mommies or daddys or daddys and this was normal. What ever happened to reading, writing or arithmetic? This is going to hurt our children, for I know that children that are vunerable and have tendencies to go to the same sex will now feel that it is normal when if they had counselors, they would know that it is not normal and they could be changed. How shameful for you to want a gay teacher to teach your children. Thank God my children are raised up and have Christ in their lives, for if I had small children, they would be home schooled. I think it is time to say goodby, for you and I are arguing and I will not go there anymore with you. Have a good life and may God continue to work in your life. Please do not respond to us anymore, for we believe in God's Word and we do not agree with you on much of the subjects we are talking about and I have much to do in my life and I feel as though God is telling me that it is a waste of time to discuss with you any longer. Thank you.
Why don't you post smaller and stop making your posts about YOU. All your posts are about YOU. If you want to talk about YOU, do it at the hair Solon. This topic is not about YOU. How are you going to protect children from homosexuals? That would mean no TV, no outside exposure, no family reunions..No books...No church. No shopping...You already gave us that piece about Pat Brown, it makes no difference, it was different times. How is telling the truth to kids about homosexuals offending Jesus? Didn't God make the homosexual? YOU are the one offending God. What? How shameful to want a gay teacher? I wanted a good teacher period. It was a High School AP class, he is one of the best teachers in the school district. Elk Grove. He can dress like a gay clown everyday as far as I'm concerned, as long as he teaches the subject. He wasn't teaching kids about being gay, he was who he was. YOU are disgusting and a disgrace to be calling yourself a child of God. YOU make me sick. WHO gave you the right to judge me and a teacher like this? It's people like you that give Christians a bad name, you make me sick!
WOWed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

You're so bad at WoW, you thought the level cap was a wearable item.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I just asked you simple questions on the stuff you post. I don't think telling people they are going to hell is winning recruits. As a Christian I don't do that. I don't send my money to groups that do that and spend money protecting our kids from homosexuals. We can't discuss things because you play God.
You are dead wrong, for we cannot discuss things because you think that you are right just like I think that we are right and believe me someone is wrong and we will have to wait until the end to see. God has told us to Obey his Commandments and your arguments do not make any sense to us, so we both have to move on to our own journey. We have taken the time to quote many Scripures, but you either do not believe them or ignore them or twist them around, we really do not know, but believe us, this really does not happen in our Studies because we DO NOT deviate from the Word. The Holy Spirit teaches them, we don't, and he shows them the way. This is what Apostle Paul was warning about to the Corinth Church, but he did say to follow him and he was given the revelation of Christ's teachings and we obey what he says. Have a happy and safe journey and May God teach you like we have to be taught daily.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be under the impression that you hold some authority in here. You don't, nor do people like you. I'll read and respond to whatever I damn well please.
You got that right, as a Christian, I am very sorry to read comments from a disgusting person as this. Please don't think all Christians are like this.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dead wrong, for we cannot discuss things because you think that you are right just like I think that we are right and believe me someone is wrong and we will have to wait until the end to see..
Then YOU keep telling people they are going to Hell and I will keep loving them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,041 - 183,060 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 41 min Bag itts 4,553
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr Activity 15,657
Massive Octopus kite at Shoreline (Jun '08) Thu Charlie 5
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Tue Matthew Perri 27
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Naked Teenage Man Arrested For Bizarre Crime Sp... Apr 11 justaguess 18
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE