Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#210983 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said. Todays "SSM" is a means to personal gratification, not meant to promote the common welfare.
B I N G O !! Homo sexual gratification is purely personal it has nothing to do with the advancement of society. In a society, your personal rights don't mean crap. That is why society dictates moral acceptance and homosexuality is still NOT accepted by society as a whole.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#210984 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, why mandate something married couples have to use protection to prevent???
To prevent Christians
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210985 Aug 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. hysterical much?
That's funny. He got you, dead to rights, and that is all that you can produce?
Evade much?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#210986 Aug 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to neurotically count your posts like you did mine but you sure post way more than I do, fruitcake!
Why, let's just count your posts today for example...
Mat take a while, vv has to pull down his buddies pants to be able to count to 21.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#210987 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I don't have any problems with most of the gays, either. But (to paraphrase)But most gays do not try and preach to my children and grandchildren without my, or their parents, consent, they donít belittle people who have different opinions than themselves, I know quite a few them think that they have a right to speak to my kids in 1st grade about sexual matters, but they have no right to do so.
I imagine that it's now time to rip "my" argument apart... Now that the shoe has found itself on the other foot....
And, I don't think that it's correct to eliminate the gender barriers in school restrooms. I know that Chongo and I had differences about this exact issue. It would seem that Chongo has gotten its way...
In my opinion, they need to build alternate facilities for the 3rd type of kids, the "mixed up" signs can't be that expensive to produce. They have no right to force themselves into restrooms for the normal kids, the ones who had no issues, up until now...
I never once worried about that, you don't get mixed up, you are who you are, no outside influence is going to cause you to be gay.

My children have many gay friends, as did I, zero effect
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#210988 Aug 19, 2013
May, may, may damn! and thats vv (two v s) not a w. v.v.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210989 Aug 19, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
What then is to become of the Jews? Will Jesus abandon his own people?
What of the numerous Christian faiths that believe theirs is the one true religion. All of them accept Jesus Christ as Savior, but many think theirs is the one true religion.
Where is my deceased father, a devout Methodist? Where will my mother, a devout Methodist go? What of my oldest brother, changed to the Baptist faith by marriage? My sister, somewhere in between Baptist and Methodist? My next oldest brother, still deeply faithful but wandering from the Methodist Church we grew up in? And my slightly older brother, gone to the Pentecostal Church by marriage?
You enter my church the moment you walk out of your house. What is to become of me?
I think you may be thinking that a deninomination is a religion, but Christianity is a religion like Buddist & Muslums. Denominations are baptist, presbyterian, penecostal, church of christ, nazarine, catholic etc, these are denominations. This is really not the way the Apostle Paul set up His Church (Called Out). Read First Corinthians Chapter 5 when it talks about Apostle Paul letter to the Corinthians, he was upset because they were separating themselves and one said I am Apollos, I am Cephas, I am of Paul, so you can see that man started the separation, not Apostle Paul. We should all be of one Church and that is the Body of Christ who is the Head of the Body. People of today meet in different denominations, but actually Apostle Paul said in the Book of Acts chapter 17 that God's Temple is not made of hands as if he needed anything. Jesus called himself the Temple when he was telling the diciples that the Temple would rise in 3 days, for he rose and so he is the Temple. Also, we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and we are not buildings. As far as the Jews, they disobeyed God many times and they were the chosen people and the only reason the gentiles got into the fold to receive Salvation is because the Jews disobeyed. Now since the Jews were scattered all over the world after 70 A.D., they now have the same chance to get back into the fold, but the only difference now is that they must accept the Messiah as their Savior and Lord. Hope that this answers what you are concerned about. You know that all the questions that people have brought up to us is in Scripures and it may take some searching to find answers, but God through His Prophets has it all written down for us. God's wisdom through His Word is more than you can imagine. My husband and I are so Blessed when we study His Word.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210990 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey, you are being a crude, vulgar idiot again.
The post simply noted that ss couples possess NOTHING that merits the interest of the state. They demand that children be removed from consideration in marriage. Now they want to turn around and claim state interest because they have manufactured default families???
A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of a father or mother. A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of at least one natural parent.
The latest, largest and most scientific study to date rated lesbian couples LAST, behind single parents out of numerous default family settings. Gay couples didn't even register!!!
...Mikeys not worth responding to...
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#210991 Aug 19, 2013
droid wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I have faith, I never said I was religious and there is different types of sins there are those you can repent of and those you can't. I'm not picking and choosing, because I cant, reason why is because I was not there when Jesus walked this earth.
That was a general statement to all, not directed entirely to you. I respect your reply.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210992 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not true and hardly equal. There are immensely far more examples of women being able to vote than there are of ss marriage.
Moreover, you would think there would at least be examples of gay couples, using your example of women.
2. There are examples of interracial marriage in numerous cultures from start to finish. Which only makes the lack of ss couples all the more striking!
3. Again, there are numerous examples of rights for the handicapped in many cultures throughout history. In fact, I think there should be sexually handicapped rights for GLBT's!
4. Now you have gone from ignorant to silly stupid. Belief systems rise and fall on their merit. Hence a few religions have survived. However, not one example of ss couples. While EVERY SINGLE CULTURE IN HUMAN HISTORY HAS MARRIAGE FROM START TO FINISH!
That is incredibly profound! Every single one from start to finish. And not ONE single culture with ss couples being called marriage.
Excellent post, sir, again.
Mugo Pyne

Sonoma, CA

#210993 Aug 19, 2013
lemon murang pie wrote:
August 2013
Tea Party member's must be removed like Nazis and the Nazi party, RNC chair says to the Republican chair person.
August 2013
Yew jes dont git it. We are strong, we are one, we are with the lord and we will defeat all of you in 2016 when our guy will take the election and be president for life and send all of the bums, old farts who didnt save and expect some kinda free ride to the couch with lunch and drinks for free too, and the disabled and them snot nosed kids who demand education above they staion, folks what talk and look wrong.... ALL will be deported so we can build the great wall around christ's kingdom. The lord hates all who dont do what they are told to do and who try to get the taxes on the chiefs and business kings and bother them with reglations and crapola like that what stops the stuff we know we like cause it is what we like. Pack up your carpet bag and git.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210994 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get a divorce or annulment for no reason at all, zero.
Show me the case in the US where a marriage license was refused because of a couples inability or lack of intent to have children
Or show me a case in the US where the state stepped in and forced an annulment against the wishes of both parties because of the inability or intent to have children.
Otherwise, the entire procreation argument is dead, simply does not apply
If you can supply me with a link, I'll be sure to cut-n-paste it in here.... I don't know where to find such statistics. But, as I am in possession of my faculties, and am plainly in possession of critical thinking abilities, I don't need statistics to help me define propriety. Empirical evidence is enough for me.
Mugo Pyne

Sonoma, CA

#210995 Aug 19, 2013
also stop calling us reichspublikans as it dont matter none at all and we are getting used to it and it dont mind..WE ARE UNITED in Christ, and the consitutsion.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210996 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once worried about that, you don't get mixed up, you are who you are, no outside influence is going to cause you to be gay.
My children have many gay friends, as did I, zero effect
As I thought, when I posted "..I imagine that it's now time to rip "my" argument apart... Now that the shoe has found itself on the other foot....".
I sure called that one, didn't I?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#210997 Aug 19, 2013
mammy yokum wrote:
<quoted text>
U R right, dear. Such bone rude folk as them claiming christians, demanding the christian moniker, absent any sense of the philosophy, be applied at the expense of all the rest of us who chose to think, why those shuffle boneheads, trailer park inbreeds are best left alone to bore themselves to death, alone or in groups. That is why god made tobacco, rotgut crapzo likker, Meth, TeeVee test stations and guns...so the poor boobs could overdose and off load to the hereafter as soon as they came of age. Dont waste your thinking or breath on them. God Bless.
Don furgeet ta use yur spittle cup there granny, the chew is runnun down yur toothless chin bone. Yeee haWWW
Burn Outs

Monrovia, CA

#210998 Aug 19, 2013
August 19, 2013

Glendora, California Route 6 race course was wide open gain today, Monday.

East bound "cars" kept their speeds just under 80 mph, lets see that's 117 feet per second, it takes the brain 3 second to sense there's a problem and another 3 before the body reacts, well that's over 702 feet that 2 ton police car has traveled before the brakes are applied or the steering wheel is turned.

Nice going.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210999 Aug 19, 2013
I've never heard of the "Disposable Argument" before..
Use it once, then, throw it away...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211000 Aug 19, 2013
Ahh...
Welcome to America.
Everything here is disposable.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211001 Aug 19, 2013
Everything. Religion, values, sensibility, decency, etc. if it gets in the way of SSM, dispose of it....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211002 Aug 19, 2013
Even gender is disposable. Don't like not being born a girl? Become one! Want to be a boy? Become one. And, don't forget to use the bathroom of your choice, as those gender-based signs are now disposable...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 10 hr Mover 31
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) 17 hr WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA 19 hr D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Sun One way or another 5
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... Sat Are you serious 1
Petition against unreasonable fingerprinting Fri BiometricAwareness 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 18 maryjaneprincton 19

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match