Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,980

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#210825 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
We do not live our Christian life by following the Old Testament Law. If we did, then we too might be flying planes into buildings.
I too would rather people not do this
Grabbers

Monrovia, CA

#210826 Aug 19, 2013
Losers are still trying to hit the bell or grab the brass ring.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210827 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same thing the JW's do with blood transfusions, they pick and choose which old testament verse to follow. Most of the Old testament is supposed to be lessons and why we needed a Savior, it's not to be followed literally.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210828 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are not going to succeed starting to refuse marriage licenses for that reason now.
As far as I remember, no one said procreation is a requirement for marriage. That's your schtick. Your straw man.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#210829 Aug 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people can be really opinionated horses asses.
NEXT!
Wow, you just judged almost all humans. I guess that is all you can do when you have no argument.

However your inability to answer disqualified you from trying to avoid the question.

It still stands.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210830 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When mass murderers fly planes into buildings, liberal says "I would rather people not do this."

Priceless.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#210831 Aug 19, 2013
Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>This is the truth and gays do not want to deal with the fact that there is no state interest in being involved in same sex marriages.
The state interest in normal marriages is principally a divorce-child equity thing. That is so there is a legal standard for divorce. The argument that gays use has to do with adoption, but in gay adoption there is only one parent. The whole idea of two mommies and two daddies is a lie, it has always been one parent adoption and an adult house guest.
I can't believe I'm reading such bigoted BS! What the fk you know 'what gays want' and the interests of the state? Fking self-righteous troll, you're dehumanizing people and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian! More like Christardo! POS
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210832 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think an old debate in the 1820's about believing in God vs, not believing has ANYTHING to do with my post. If you can't answer and debate here, why do you respond?
What is it that you want from us? One of your questions previously was that debates for the most part don't work. I have to tell you that you do not know what you are talking about. Your questions that I did try and answer all of them 2 nights ago, I was on there to long and they did not go through and it took me time to look up the Scriptures and there are lots of Scriptures to quote on those subjects, but my husband who is my covering in Christ told me that after reading comments from the forum that have responded to us, he thinks that we are being joked at and not taking seriously and really to be honest with you, I feel that your approach sounds to us like you may just want to argue and we will NOT argue about Scripture. If you do read the Bible, I would suggest to look at a Scripture that I have been using most of my journey in Christ and that is in Second Timothy chapter 2 verse 15 and I quote: "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth." You have the Truth in Scripture and it is up to you to find it. You did not answer my question anyway. Why do you need us anyway? The Holy Spirit is the one that teaches you. We only want to respond to people that we believe really are serious about wanting to know about our experiences in the Body of Christ and how we came to our conclusions on how we believe. We really want to help people that are hurting, crying, feeling like there life is not worth anything. My husband and I have a Ministry to help people to get on track and have a full Life in Christ. We do feel that in your comments that there something there that makes us think that you are not serious. I do not mean to sound cruel, for you may be a very serious for we do not know you, but we do not know why you are choosing our post, for there are many that have talked about their Faith in Christ. Your type of comments in so many words "Do you feel that you are free from sin" not sure exactly what you said because you have said alot already, but it sounds like you have really not read what we are saying because we actually have addressed many of the questions that you are asking in alot of the posts that we have written on. We do not really know what you believe or not believe in your comments. We as Christians are in different places in our journey with Christ and we are still learning.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210833 Aug 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the reason marriage exists in the first place. Nice try though.
You say procreation is the reason marriage exists, Big D will deceitfully reply "Procreation is not a requirement for marriage." As if you said it was. It's his schtick. He's dishonest.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210834 Aug 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I'm reading such bigoted BS! What the fk you know 'what gays want' and the interests of the state? Fking self-righteous troll, you're dehumanizing people and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian! More like Christardo! POS
"You're a bigot POS!" POS Mikey screamed bigotedly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210835 Aug 19, 2013
Bigoted BS!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210836 Aug 19, 2013
POS!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210837 Aug 19, 2013
Self righteous troll!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210838 Aug 19, 2013
Christardo!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210839 Aug 19, 2013
"Christain!"

"Christardo!"

"Fundie!"
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#210840 Aug 19, 2013
Hohophobe! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210841 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that you want from us? One of your questions previously was that debates for the most part don't work. I have to tell you that you do not know what you are talking about.
Here is the post you were responding to typing about Christian vs atheist debate: "How is joining an anti-gay hate group supposed to show the Christian love and tolerance for gay people? Do you want to draw the gay community closer or further away from God?"

Were you confused as to what post you were responding to?
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210842 Aug 19, 2013
Hang in there Jesus-loves-You, for you have a few of us out there that support what you are saying. May God Bless you.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#210843 Aug 19, 2013
hot topic
Big D

Modesto, CA

#210844 Aug 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I remember, no one said procreation is a requirement for marriage. That's your schtick. Your straw man.
when they stop bringing it up as a reason to not allow same sex marriage, I will stop reminding them. I donít give a crap what you want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr surfboards 7,957
US stocks start lower 7 hr Go Blue Forever 48
Complaints Against Google+ 10 hr Heres Johnny 90
Topix is Against the First Amendment 10 hr Heres Johnny 11
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 21 hr theos 2,276
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Sun abusedmom 108
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palo Alto News, Events & Info