Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201887 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210651 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
same sex marriage is a normal marriage in the state of California, no difference.
You are free to work for WalMart or Chick-fil-a as they are likely to be the last companies doing business in those states before long
Misuse of a word, here: "here". Not "normal". You should have used, say, "abnormal"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210652 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is a reality and recognized on the state and federal level, your opinion is not
Sure it is. By the vast majority of the population of this country.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210653 Aug 18, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooh....scary...very scary...."publicly humiliated"....by the Great and powerful lides!
It sounds like one of those crummy, melodramatic Chinese movies, doesn't it?
:-D

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210654 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not want to sound cruel by any means, but I really do not like your take on Apostle Paul. My husband and I love Apostle Paul and his writings and we are encouraged every time we read them. They make perfect sense to us and to everyone that I have been around that we have studied with. We really do not know where you are coming from at all. You must have a much different Faith in Christ that I persoanlly ever heard of. I have been in Churches where the pastor does not believe in the Old Testament and thought of it as being fairy tales, where we did stay to make change and we did get some people out of there, but this what you are telling me takes the cake. Apostle Paul in Galatians Chapter 1 verse 11 & 12 make it very clear to us that Apostle Paul was chosen for many reasons and one of them was to receive revelation from Christ to write the epistles. I quote: "But I certify to you brethern, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." We believe that when he fell on the way to Damascus and was blinded that Jesus told him to follow him and teach the gospel and so everything that Apostle Paul says is the gospel of Christ. Sometimes in the King James Paul will say that this is of him speaking, but 99% of the time, Christ is speaking through him. After all, he gave his life for Christ. One of my most favorite chapters in all the New Testament in Acts 17, when Apostle Paul was preaching in Athens, Greece to the people who were worshipping the unknown God and then he told them about His Faith in Christ. My husband and I think that perhaps, you should take another look at Apostle Paul because we feel you are being deceived. We use his writings through Christ for all of our teachings.
You wrote: "I have to determined who is Christian and who isn't and the only way I know that if the person who I am talking to is not obeying God's Commandments."

Why do you need to know who is a Christian or not? Only GOD can do that, are you God? or just playing like it?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210655 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no state interest in banning same sex marriage, and all of the same state interest in allowing it.
Are you really trying to prove that gay married couples are less secure? Good luck with that one.
Prove that banning same sex marriage sends a healthy message to gay kids about their future. Prove that gay married couples are less emotionally and financially secure than unmarried couples. Prove that the children of gay couples are better off if their parents cannot marry. Prove that gay couples and their kids would not benefit from uniform family law. Finally, prove that marriage is of no benefit to elderly gay people when it comes to financial security.
You see, marriage doesn't NEED to benefit the state to be legal - legality is the DEFAULT position. It's a basic civil right.
If you want to make it illegal, and deny it to certain law-abiding tax=payers, then there must be a valid state interest in doing so. Prove that there is one when it comes to same sex marriage.
Nor is there any state interest in promoting it. Really, now, all that is happening is that the minority is managing to force its pet issue on the rest of us...All this talk of "state interest" is so tiresome... The state has no real, legitimate interest in dabbling with the issue, at all. It has had this issue thrown at its door, like so much old trash...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210656 Aug 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I made that typo intentionally, to make a point about your responses. Too bad you were unable to see the irony in that, gimp.
So, you're trying use Argument #1 again?

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-ar...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210657 Aug 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. Does Francine need a hanky?
Offer him one of yours. you know the one, the "I'm all f**ked up" hanky...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210658 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And mating behavior is not necessary for marriage. You always seem to forget that.
Don't forget that marriage isn't necessary, either. Don't forget that..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210659 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just shutup now you stupid bych. All your posts are the same and waaaay too long. We don't care about your 55 year marriage or any of the crap you're preaching. So SHUT THE FCK UP.
Ooohh, I bet you'd just like to beat her up, wouldn't you?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210660 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU troll.
Sit down, and STFU, before I come over there and smack the fruit out of you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210661 Aug 18, 2013
Interfere-a-tron wrote:
<quoted text>
I will interfere in whatever posts I choose. You are a troll and are here only to stir up drama. You are mentally ill and need to STFU and go back to the mental hospital.
Shuddup....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210662 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! If I was gay I'd do him like his daddy used to. Just not gay is all.
How? Hold him down, tap that ass and shout "Failure" at him?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210663 Aug 18, 2013
Great news wrote:
You're all retarded.
Are you kidding? We're all legendary! They are going to make a documentary about us! Calling it "The Stars Of Topix"
We're all going to be household names!
The subtitle of the documentary is going to be "Gay Lies, And The Rational Ones Who Wouldn't Let Them Take Over"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210664 Aug 18, 2013
Tellit wrote:
The wearing of various colored bandanas around the neck was common in the mid- and late-nineteenth century among cowboys, steam railroad engineers, and miners in the Western United States. It is thought that the wearing of bandanas by gay men originated in San Francisco after the Gold Rush, when, because of a shortage of women, men dancing with each other in square dances developed a code wherein the man wearing the blue bandana took the male part in the square dance, and the man wearing the red bandana took the female part (these bandanas were usually worn around the arm or hanging from the belt or in the back pocket of one's jeans). It is thought that the modern hanky code started in New York City in late 1970 or early 1971 when a journalist for the Village Voice joked that instead of simply wearing keys to indicate whether someone was a "top" or a "bottom", it would be more efficient to subtly announce their particular sexual focus by wearing different colored hankies.
That's the one.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210666 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be putting you on my "ignore list" as of today, for your ridiculous troll behavior. I don't need your permission to post, so I certainly will continue to post as long as I feel like posting. Your opinion is irrelevant.
You won't ignore her. Next time you reply to her, I'll be there to remind you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210667 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
Don't get me wrong. I think Paul was a righteous MAN. But he was a Man. He got his direction from Christ, who he never met, just like ALL OF US get our direction from Christ.
Paul's vision is no more significant than anyone else's vision. I do not believe in putting him on a pedestal above other men.
You know, I've always wondered what Paul would think if he knew that his letters would one day make their way into the canon of the New Testament.
I don't think that he wrote his letters with the understanding that they would be relied upon so heavily.
While I have never seen a "Red Letter Bible", I would like to some day. I am more interested in what Christ was reported to have said and done than in what His apostles taught.
I stand by my belief that Paul was just a little too focused on rules and laws. And I still firmly believe that his reliance on living ones life by rules and regulations--instead of living it by following Christ's examples--is misguided. He had been brought up in a community that was so focused on laws and interpretation of laws that he was never able to stop doing so--even after his conversion to Christianity.
That doesn't make him a bad man. It just makes him a misguided man.
The only two laws that we need to follow is to Love God and Love our Neighbors as We Love Ourselves. These are the most important laws. And on these laws hang all other laws. These are Christ's words to us.
Christ's laws cover all of the Ten Commandments. If you follow Christ's direction you cannot go wrong.
If you remain in prayerful contact with God and the Holy Spirit you cannot go wrong. If your heart drives you to love others and try to help (without judgment) then you cannot go wrong.
Stop trying to find God in scripture. Those are just words written about Him. You may find some guidance there, but you can only appreciate and find God through prayer and a personal relationship with Him.
I realize that this is not what we were taught to do as children. We were told to go to the Bible. But as adults we must seek out the truth.
You've already posted about 1000 words this morning. None about the topic. Soon you'll say I post too much and that I am off topic. Priceless!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210668 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So then we have no argument... If a married couple does not engage in mating behavior and mating behavior is not a requirement for marriage, then a couple can marry without any concerns re: the constraints for mating behavior.
I'm glad you've finally come to your senses.
Now if we can just get you to stop being so focused on what homosexual barrenness, then you can move on to the next step of excising your overly involved self from the private lives of gay people.
I have a feeling this will be quite difficult for you, since you seem so fascinated with gay male sex and BUTTING into people's private lives.
That's it! Call him gay. Just like you. Great strategy.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210671 Aug 18, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
He is know for changing posts.
"He is know" what a third class dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210672 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I could've glorified you, with a reply.....But then, I asked myself "why bother?".....
That was one of Old SwiftButt Bill's ($3 Bill) socks. It's easy to tell. His posts are moronic.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210673 Aug 18, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let him fool you he has come out. It was recent so it may take a while for him to adjust. Is there a support group for that? Maybe you can invite him to your next party so he can meet others and adjust.
Is that how you did it Bluto?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Dec 2 Ron 151
News Man in car exposes himself to woman in Palo Alto Dec 1 Kevin from Michigan 1
Uber for Drones - "Palo Altitude" startup Nov 30 Palo Altitude 1
News Tesla competitor Lucid Motors picks Arizona for... Nov 30 I Got Your Jewels 5
News Trump deportation plan sends South Bay leaders ... Nov 29 spytheweb 2
Sunnyvale Parrot Study (Dec '09) Nov 27 lol 29
News Sunnyvale considers expanding smoking ban to mu... (Sep '15) Nov 19 Haha 30

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages