Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
179,081 - 179,100 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
no capes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KNUbPRj9TGMXX
Okay Big D that was funny! Gotta give U your due.
If they stopped issuing them for others that would be fine, either way it should be equal.
So you would be in favor of the state getting out of the marriage business altogether?

As to the "equal" part, what state restrictions are acceptable?
The point is, discrimination based on race, creed, religion, sex, orientation or national origin is plain wrong
and the list has grown, age, genetic disposition, etc.
Blood relatives are also prohibited from marrying, that too can be considerd a form of discrimination. As can prohibiting more than one wife, or husband at a time. So is any "discrimination" acceptable in regards to marriage?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
We've noticed.
But I know what to keep my wee-wee out of, shitferbrains.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Does that include college enrollment?
yes it should
sheesh

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a second class act. You were not being silly you were talking from the heart. You can't fool the thread you idiot
Aw shucks, Gustypants, you really ought to take a break and think things through before you post. Clearly, I was talking from the heart in the majority of the post we're discussing. You know, the part where I was candid about my family history regarding neoplasia and my personal devotion to fund raising. That was the serious portion. I'm reasonably certain the silly part is obvious to most folks with an IQ above 85. That would be the portion that had your incontinence flare up and made you soil your underwear. I hope you weren't going commando.

BTW, I hate to be the one that has to explain this to you, the thread isn't something one can fool. That concept really doesn't apply to inanimate things like threads. Now you, OTOH, are easily fooled. Are the neighbor's kids still getting you with the 'ol "I got your thumb" gag?]
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"genetic disposition" What a moron!
actually that is a state law ( perhaps federal I would have to check ) now, one I agree with

You cannot discriminate against someone because of a history of disease in their family or the genetic disposition thereof.

It is already the law
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Excuse me, but I'm looking for the sloganeering shitferbrains who is railing against Charlie Rangel and his "white cracker" comment.

What's that, you say? None of the typical mental cripples are screaming against "prejudice" and "bigotry" at the moment? Not even the Covina Quar has a non sequitur?

Thought so.
sheesh

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
But I know what to keep my wee-wee out of, shitferbrains.
I'm glad you know to keep it out of pencil sharpeners. That took a long time for you to learn, didn't it?

BTW, we're old enough we can stop calling it "my wee-wee" aren't we?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text> You know, the part where I was candid about my family history regarding neoplasia and my personal devotion to fund raising.
Jeez, for a second there it looked there was a Christian wanting to stick out its pious teats and be known for its works.

Anybody can claim to be anything on internet, shitferbrains.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you know to keep it out of pencil sharpeners. That took a long time for you to learn, didn't it?
I smell tuna.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not discrimination when Big D does it.
And the liberals all want a certain race to get ahead of another race even though they had lower credentials.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how am I disrespecting veterans? Seriously... What have I said that has been disrespectful?
Are you upset that I don't buy into the "God Bless America" crap that so many do?
I don't think that God blesses America any more than He blesses any other country.
I think our country has probably killed more people in the past century than any other country on the planet. Maybe Hitler's Nazis killed more, but I'd have to do a ton of research just to see. But in the end, it doesn't really matter, because we've got millions of gallons of blood on our hands.
In Iraq and Afghanistan we rained bombs down on houses made of mud--blowing away men, women, and children. And then we say "oops--collateral damage". We threw two nuclear bombs at Japan--killing and maiming hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
I don't agree with these policies. I don't support the industrial military complex.
I would die before I took a life or joined the armed forces.
But that's just me. I'm entitled to my opinion. Sorry if you find that insulting.
You seem to be able to dish out insults, but you fall to pieces if someone does the same to you.
God has damned America. Look at us...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that where you learned how to speek Viet Cong? LMAO @ you.
Viet Cong is a language?
ROFLMAO@U
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful! Big D will have some veterans with the lower half of their bodies blown off come and beat you up! He knows an army of them willing to do it!
No, he won't. And, no, he doesn't...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<Big D wrote:
NO I am talking about Vets because I happen to know quite a few, some married women that had cancer and had it removed that made them sterile. Or half a dozen other reasons they could not have children
I know to Kimare says they are just not married because they are sterile
Bullcrap, and I would like to introduce Kimare to these Vets who would have something to say to him.
Likely make him sterile if he kept belittling their marriages>

What say, sport? For you, I'd travel... I'll get a run out there, what do you say?
Semper Paratus, right Fascist D?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee thanks I think...why did you feel the need to insult others with this post?
Why do you and your little friends make jokes about the abuse of children, is it really funny to you?
Thanks for admitting you were wrong...
We all insult each other in here, it's the coin of the realm.
I make no jokes about the abuse of children, but I occasionally play into the morgue humor of this room. Like when Rose-NoHo told a poster to "go back to giving [your] children pearl necklaces"..no one called her on that, so, I figure "what the hell?"
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee thanks I think...why did you feel the need to insult others with this post?
Why do you and your little friends make jokes about the abuse of children, is it really funny to you?
Thanks for admitting you were wrong...
I almost forgot, You're welcome, and no-one else will admit to being wrong, but I am a little different.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. My son was in Desert Storm. It wasn't easy. Rather have been there myself than worry about him. He was 18 a few months out of high school. He kicked ass and came home a man.
It was a little hot and dusty... Great place to work on a tan, though..
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yeah!
I'm a little worried, but "What a tiger!"
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, we're old enough we can stop calling it "my wee-wee" aren't we?
But are we old enough to know where it doesn't go, Stain Grrrrrl?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VV explained why in a very long winded post. I dozed off halfway through and never did get the gist of it. Something about why should he since all SSM supporters are right whatever they say.
Yeah, I've sensed the reluctance to chide one of their own, like the example I keep referring to, Rose-Noho telling a poster to give their kids pearl necklaces. Not one of the sleazy b@st@rds told her "foul".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 1 hr Sophia 21
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr Donny B 7,922
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... 17 hr Pharma Maims Kills 8
Beam me up Scottie 17 hr guest 121
Tongan shot in US, grateful to Chinese Navy sur... 20 hr Zorri 12
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
Camden, TN. Topix Moderator (Aug '13) Mon Mavis 11
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE