Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,952)

Showing posts 179,021 - 179,040 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Still trying to find a clue hey Frankie.
God Bless the Clueless
Oh don't be so silly blessing yourself like that. You have a few clues. Not many but a few. Like the one about war.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody has to speak out against your's and the trailer trash's hubris, might as well be me.
My trailer park is a very upscale mobile home community.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
As do u when u claim gay people don't have the right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid nationwide.
<BS truncated>
Of course, I've never claimed that. You keep trying to put words in my mouth, but the reality is you are horrible at the practice and come off looking like an angst filled teenager.

What I HAVE said, Pietro, is that state restrictions limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman do not serve a compelling governmental interest, and as such are unconstitutional.

I have invited you time and time again to offer such an interest, which would make denying same sex couples the right to marry constitutional, but you have consistently failed to do so.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 Because I am an American, I actually believe in the land of the free and the home of the brave, I am against an intrusive government that tells you who you can marry and who you cannot. I defend Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation or national origin.
#2 The common man is not you, a growing majority of people in the US are in favor of same sex marriage, businesses are rejecting people that are homophobic and will not tolerate it in the workplace.
#3 explained in #2, you are the one not accepted, except at Chick a Fill ( chuckle )
You're accepted at Starbucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 Because I am an American, I actually believe in the land of the free and the home of the brave, I am against an intrusive government that tells you who you can marry and who you cannot. I defend Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation or national origin.
#2 The common man is not you, a growing majority of people in the US are in favor of same sex marriage, businesses are rejecting people that are homophobic and will not tolerate it in the workplace.
#3 explained in #2, you are the one not accepted, except at Chick a Fill ( chuckle )
Nowhere in that flag waving,(or was it script reading?) did you mention Folsom Street and How Berkeley can YOU be and the other decadence that goes on at "pride" parades, etc.

And you're damned straight the Common Man is not me. I pride myself in logic and recognizing there are consequences for our actions, which you apparently haven't a frickin' clue. You wanna leave such a world as Folsom Street for your descendents, shitferbrains?

Your third little attempt at humor proves you're only schoolgirl age. You don't have any family. You're just here because you're a decadent imbecile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, just want to say a few things. War, good or bad is and will be part of mankind. I think that you need to understand a few things. Freedom is not free. In 1776, a war was needed to become the Nation that we have strived for. Many times through out our History, war has been a turning point. The War of 1812, the Civil war, WW1, WW2.
I will conseded that often we act as the worlds police force. That is not the problem of the men and women who serve for our country. That needs to be addressed with Congress and The President. Please don't disrespect the very people who choose to protect your freedom.
Agree
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody has to speak out against your's and the trailer trash's hubris, might as well be me.
Are there trailers on Folsom Street, Stainboi?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're accepted at Starbucks.
Too many f-bombs. But the premise is sound. The world has gone Common Man gay.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, shitferbrains, Kodak ran roughshod over a man's rights because of a communist "human rights" outfit. It's another example of your being "accepted" through Fear and Extortion.

May all you homofascists choke on your own stool.
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post Jiz.
STFU,
harleyhunni

Camrose, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

In California they are trying to ban gay marriage??? LOL! San francisco was always known for gays.
Also you cannot prejudice against a person's sexual choice. This is not a handicap, race, or religion. It is a sexual choice.
If it is something that someone is born with, then find a cure..
You do not deserve or need special rights. If you want to be treated as equals, then act as equals, not a bunch of parading freaks.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many f-bombs. But the premise is sound. The world has gone Common Man gay.
That's how we tawk in Brooklyn. That's how we roll.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>STFU,
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Kid from Brooklyn on gay marriage-

Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there trailers on Folsom Street, Stainboi?
I don't know skid mark, maybe you should go toe tap there and find out.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>KMare states that Same sex Marriage does not equal traditional marrige, because of the lack of ability to reproduce. That being said, if a Vet, that has been wounded and therefore not able to reproduce, gets married to a woman his marriage must not be equal in KMares mind.
You'd think after I said it so many times, you'd have it memorized.

At its most basics essence, marriage is s cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Never ever more than a mutually sterile,(and this is a part you missed) duplicate gendered half of marriage.

The implications of those facts distinguish marriage in every aspect of the relationship from SS couples.

It's not that complicated, please get it right if you are going to piss and moan about it.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
Also you cannot prejudice against a person's sexual choice. This is not a handicap, race, or religion. It is a sexual choice.
I can't feel prejudiced towards the child molesters?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....that brought a tear to my eye. I bet someone typed that for you, as you stood in front of a large American flag, wearing your Superman underoos.....the missus pointing a fan at you so your cape would "fly".....your WWI doughboy helmet on your head. the image alone is worth at least three sessions with a psychologist.

So do you oppose government issue marriage licenses? Yes or no?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know skid mark, maybe you should go toe tap there and find out.
How old are you, shitferbrains?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Uh-oh! Jizzy's having another bad hair day today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 179,021 - 179,040 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE